Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 02:38 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,794,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
They are releasing the maps because students are being reassigned to new schools and to get to school some kids might have to go through gang territory.

Chicago is on a completely different level than Detroit was/is.
It's not like any gangs will get ahold of the maps...

Nothing like having a plan that will work flawlessly. I wonder when they'll come up with one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
I thought midnight basketball was supposed to be the answer to the violence problem.
Only in the myopic view that most bureaucrats share.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 03:00 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,228,339 times
Are they assuming thugs, murders, robbers, gangsters, mobsters, rapist, and other criminals can't read maps???

Old 08-10-2013, 03:04 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Are the assuming, thugs, murders, robbers, gangsters, mobsters, rapist, and other criminals can't read maps???
LOL apparently so. That is big government at work though.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:17 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,267,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
Are they assuming thugs, murders, robbers, gangsters, mobsters, rapist, and other criminals can't read maps???
The main issue is gang bangers shooting other gang bangers and having kids caught in the crossfire. Gang bangers aren't seeking out kids to shoot and they already know where the rival gang territory is located.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:29 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Seeing what's happening to black Americans in Detroit and Chicago makes me wonder why they continue to vote against their best interests and prefer to stay on the Democrat Plantation? The Democrats scream "The GOP wants to keep you all in chains!" and that seems to keep them in their place. Talk about being kept in chains...

Old 08-10-2013, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Seeing what's happening to black Americans in Detroit and Chicago makes me wonder why they continue to vote against their best interests and prefer to stay on the Democrat Plantation? The Democrats scream "The GOP wants to keep you all in chains!" and that seems to keep them in their place. Talk about being kept in chains...
Although Chicago is heavily Democratic I don't see what politics has to do with the story. Failing schools should be closed.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:34 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Why were the schools failing in the first place? Unions are tied directly to politics.

Old 08-10-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why were the schools failing in the first place? Unions are tied directly to politics.
I'm not sure, I didn't go to public school.

However, some of the best schools in the world are unionized. The better suburb schools are unionized and the magnet schools are also unionized.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:46 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I'm not a gun nut but do have guns. It makes no sense at all to me to try and restrict people from defending themselves. Then the authorities wonder why crime goes wild claime they are the ones who can take care of us and then when the call comes decide oh hell I'm not going into that neighborhood it's too violent and show up an hour later to see if anybody was killed. I think the problem is many of the folks running these cities don't want it to change and are happy with the status quo as it is keeping them right where they want to be........in office. I live in a low crime area but I insist my wife carry when she is out by herself at night. Thankfully we can do that here.
I think you hit the nail on the head. They are comfortable.

Americans have become too comfortable. The only people who aren't comfortable are the people who live in those neighborhoods and nobody seems to listen to those people. Most want to lump them all together and forget about the people trying to make an honest living.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:49 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I haven't seen any initiatives by the GOP that are going to help black people. Not saying that's a reason to cast a vote, just saying that don't try to play the savior when all you want is a vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies