Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2013, 02:37 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,521,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I'd rather him say: "A good portion of you will hate me no matter what I do."
Kinda like you children with President Bush, right??? Right?????

Idiots all.

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Let me explain what's happening for those who are too dense to sort it out for themselves: Putin has put Obama in a position where he either allows Russia to strengthen its position as a power broker in the region, or the USA looks bellicose for refusing a peaceful solution to the current confrontation.

Both outcomes weakens the US position in the region. In other words, Obama has been outmaneuvered. That's what happens when an administration has an ad-hoc and completely incoherent foreign policy.
Yeah, sure. LOL.

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
So then you tell us why he went to Congress. That's something I'd like to hear.
I'm not the one bemoaning the point, but it was probably a combination of polling, hearing from congressional leaders, and the vote in Parliament. There were likely a number of factors.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:41 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
It looks like Syria is going to abide and sign the treaty just like we need them to. I think Obama made the right decision, but, I know many people will have nothing good to say no matter what he does or what happens.
I was and remain neutral on this topic because I have no idea what's really going on in Syria, let alone the middle east. Nothing is ever as it appears. And most of what people accept as fact, is nothing more than opinion.

I find it very curious that Obama and some strange bedfellows were willing to risk the polls to achieve an unknown outcome. Maybe this was the game plan from the get go. Or maybe this was a calculated plan to motivate Putin to use his influence with his pal in Syria. Or maybe this whole deal has little or nothing to do with chemical weapons.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:42 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Obama whimping out and going to Congress so he wouldn't have to make the call to attack himself is the right decision, eh?
It really is remarkable how low the left has set the bar since Obama took office.......
And if he did not and instead took action, how many here would have condemned O ?

Old 09-10-2013, 02:46 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Breaking: Syria says they will disclose location of their chemical weapons (better get there before AQ), manufacturing facilities and so on AND they want to sign the international accord of chemical weapons. Obama rules! As Kerry said, nothing focuses the mind like a hanging. On the other hand, all of this sounds a little suspicious. Trust, but verify. And bomb the crap out of them if they fail to keep their word.
Make the rebels sign it too - for what it's worth, which is absolutely nothing. We use depleted uranium, Israel uses white phosphorous and nobody got even a hand slap.
It's against the Geneva convention to use these weapons, but that hasn't stopped western nations.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:46 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post

... Putin made obama irrelevant. obama was made to look the fool he is on the world stage ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post

The blind sheep who love their leader beyond reason have no clue what just happened to Obama.

He was made to look like a fool.
Quote:

Obama whimping out and going to Congress so he wouldn't have to make the call to attack himself is the right decision, eh?

Oy vey.

The Obama-bashers burn with such a red hot seething hatred that they cannot give the guy credit for any decision he makes. They use every opportunity to hurl insults at him. Ed can capitalize Putin's name but can't even bring himself to capitalize Obama's name.

What a bunch of pathetic crybaby sore losers.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:47 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
No, I agree that Putin is the winner here. I happened to think our bumbling, idiot President is the reason that Putin has the upper hand. How is that a win for us???
No nuclear war today, maybe tomorrow.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:47 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I see Rand Paul's hands all over a deal(if it's successful) or he will say that it's because of his "wise" counsel ....... Bhwaaaaaaaa, ha, ha,ha ,ha!

Dang! You brought Rand Paul into this...

That guy must be a hot button to push.

Old 09-10-2013, 02:48 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Every good citizen knows the president shouldn't be criticized. Now get back to work and pay your taxes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies