Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 03:43 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyGuardian View Post
I voted for Obama because he was half white.
Is the black half or the white half of Obama about to invade Syria and throw us into WWIII for no reason whatsoever?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Actually, I told you there were many reasons I vote democrat. I don't need to list them to you because quite frankly, I don't care about you. And actually, I voted republican once in my life, when I didn't know any better.
So there goes that ignorant assumption. Any others you want to try or have I embarrassed you enough for the day?
Bla Bla Bla, the only reason you vote Democrat is because you are told to. Just come to grips with it, most of you guys have already come to understand this a long time ago.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:48 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Bla Bla Bla, the only reason you vote Democrat is because you are told to. Just come to grips with it, most of you guys have already come to understand this a long time ago.
*shrug* whatever, no skin off my back what you think. Yawn, next.

Old 09-05-2013, 07:26 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, they should vote for the person whose policies keep them on assistance and out of a good job so they can remain the lowest class?

Well, actually I guess they would.

I can see a ballot in front of them when they are at the union meeting to vote on what they want to do in terms of their employer, Widgets Inc.:

John Doe is the millionaire who owns Widgets Inc. He lives in a mansion and drives really expensive cars and takes extremely nice vacations. Widgets Inc. employees 973 employees. 724 of those employees work in the shop and are part of our wonderful union. The shop pay averages $23.75 per hour, not including benefits. Please circle the choice on your vote in regards to the future of the company.
1. Widgets Inc. continues to operate as it does today.
2. Widgets Inc. is closed down and has it's assets liquidated and dispersed to the workers. We feel that each worker will be issue a check for approximate $26,233.18.

My guess is that there would be a whole bunch of Democrat supporters voting for option 2. Sure, they'd eventually go through that money and start trying to figure out how to get another job, but they can worry about that when the money runs out.

a lot of these people aren't going to get a good job regardless of the economy, hence a booming economy is bad for them (booming economy = booming rents, which is bad for low-wage workers)

so for many of them, it boils down to "am i better off with a booming economy, jobs I can't get and rents I can't afford...or a meh economy, rents I can afford, and maybe a little assistance thrown in"?

Old 09-05-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
*shrug* whatever, no skin off my back what you think. Yawn, next.
Of course it's no skin off your back, you vote Democrat. That's my whole point, thanks for proving it so easily. You are the quintessential Democrat, you vote without a care in the world how your mistakes affect other people for the simple reason that you never have to pay for your mistakes or your failures. There are always other people out there you can blame, there's always someone else who can pay for it.

You are a pure and true Democrat, your entire existence is based on the premise that someone else will always fix your problems or mistakes because they always have. Be proud of your Democrat label, it fits you well.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:04 AM

9,282 posts, read 6,745,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Of course it's no skin off your back, you vote Democrat. That's my whole point, thanks for proving it so easily. You are the quintessential Democrat, you vote without a care in the world how your mistakes affect other people for the simple reason that you never have to pay for your mistakes or your failures. There are always other people out there you can blame, there's always someone else who can pay for it.

You are a pure and true Democrat, your entire existence is based on the premise that someone else will always fix your problems or mistakes because they always have. Be proud of your Democrat label, it fits you well.
They are parasites,they kill everything they touch.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:17 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So those people should vote for candidates that would cut programs that help them out?

That doesn't make sense.
I believe that is called voting against your own economic interests

Old 09-06-2013, 12:17 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,738,449 times
Sorry, but no party has a monopoly on that type of thing. I didn't notice massive budget cuts when we had full control of all 3 branches in the 2000's and the end result of those 8 years was the biggest recession in 5 generations. I'd be leery of throwing that brick.

Until the faux conservatives here and elsewhere stand up and expect intelligent leadership from the party, there's plenty that Republicans will break with a touch. It's sort of sad.

Old 09-06-2013, 12:19 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
They are parasites,they kill everything they touch.

Yep

Old 09-06-2013, 08:06 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post

You mean they AREN'T voting for the people who are raking in record income and profits while not creating jobs they're supposed to be lauded for as "job creators?"

Gee, I just don't understand!

Maybe next time they should vote for people that would give "job creators" even more tax breaks, even more government subsidies, and then cross their fingers that the "job creators" will decide to.... um... create some jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies