Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 10:46 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Food Safety the last time I checked wasn't a left or right or Democrat or Republican problem. We ALL have to eat! Who doesn't want to eat SAFE NUTRIENT RICH FOOD????? When it comes to basics like food, water and the air we breathe, you'd think we could all AGREE!!!!!!!

Haven't the critics figured out yet that blaming and fighting with "the other party" which no longer exists, because Republicans and Democrats are one and the same, is EXACTLY what the globalists want? They want to divide and conquer which they have come close to doing and it is exactly why they set up the two party system in the first place. Now if there are two groups, they are the authoritarians and the libertarians .
To this day (9.12.2013) there is absolutely no concrete accredited scientific proof that GM foods cause health issues with Human Beings...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
if GMOs terrify you so badly, why not just buy certified organic?
would this not put an end to your nightmares?
Maybe the person knows that certified organic crops have killed more people than GM crops...

Here's one example:

Organic Food Deaths in Europe Could Have Been Prevented

Articles: Organic Food Deaths in Europe Could Have Been Prevented

Here's another:

A Nasty Organic Hepatitis Outbreak

http://blog.heartland.org/2013/07/a-...itis-outbreak/

Last edited by plwhit; 09-12-2013 at 10:57 PM..

Old 09-12-2013, 11:03 PM

The OP should take the blinders off and follow what is taking place in this lala certified organic wonderland called Earth...

Why People Aren't Buying into Organic Food Products

Quote:
Other problems for organic foods include changing perceptions about just how much healthier they are than non-organics. “Many devotees of organic foods purchase them in order to avoid exposure to harmful levels of pesticides,” writes Henry I. Miller in Forbes. “But that’s a poor rationale: Non-organic fruits and vegetables had more pesticide residue, to be sure, but more than 99 percent of the time the levels were below the permissible, very conservative safety limits set by regulators—limits that are established by the Environmental Protection Agency and enforced by the Food and Drug Administration.”
Why People Aren't Buying into Organic Food Products: Scientific American

But of course THEY (the Environmental Protection Agency and the Food and Drug Administration) are in on the Monsanto conspiracy...

Old 09-12-2013, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohKnip View Post
Millions of men, women and children are already dying of starvation. I keep hearing how GMO Plants are supposed to save the world and end the food crisis in different parts of the world but then I see statistics like this all the time.

2013 World Hunger and Poverty Facts and Statistics by World Hunger Education Service

And this is truly tragic because you know what, these aren't just statistics. They are people. They are brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles and grandparents. Yesterday we remembered the 3,000 people who died 12 years ago in the terrorist attacks, which was truly tragic, but the thing is at least 13,000 CHILDREN are going to die today because they don't have enough food to eat.

From my link:
And no one ever wants to think about those children, because they either aren't Americans or they aren't OUR FAMILY. If this was happening in the United States, on a daily basis, I'm sure people would care a little more. But it doesn't and people don't (care). Another shocking thing about all of this is the fact that this isn't just a bullet to the head. Starvation is something these children (and adults) suffer with for a great deal of time before mercy finally comes in the form of death. It makes me sick, but 13,000 is just an inconvenient number to most people, which will be forgotten before the end of the day.

13,000 people. Children.
Look, keep the whiny tear-jerk bleeding heart stuff out of this the fatalities are extremely small compared to the millions that have died in Africa by machete, guns, clubs over the past 5 decades

Since you bring up the recent past, you remember that tsunami that hit Sumatra back in 2004 and brothers and sisters were without food and shelter?

What did some American bleeding heart donate more money organizations do for them? GAVE THEM CRAYONS AND COLORING BOOKS TO WORK OUT THEIR ISSUES....

A couple of things:

~ due to the hysterical propaganda put out by the anti-GM crowd some third world countries have not started growing GM crops.

~ do you really think GM crops are such a miracle of science they can be cultivated and brought to market in third world countries in 5 years? 10?

Get serious, and take the whiney bleeding heart crap somewhere else, this thread is about GMO's

Last edited by plwhit; 09-12-2013 at 11:26 PM..

Old 09-12-2013, 11:39 PM

144 posts, read 182,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
WTF? Monasanto operates without FDA approval?? Who woulda thunk?!
Typical Liberal. Never wants to provide facts.

Old 09-13-2013, 12:00 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
To this day (9.12.2013) there is absolutely no concrete accredited scientific proof that GM foods cause health issues with Human Beings...
That's because the FDA simply accepts the studies done by Monsanto, which suppress or don't include that portion of the studies that show ill effects. They are also very short term studies, concealing what will occur over the long term.
Independent studies are expensive, and those that have been done are discredited and not published, to hide the truth.
but you already knew all that

Old 09-13-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That's because the FDA simply accepts the studies done by Monsanto, which suppress or don't include that portion of the studies that show ill effects. They are also very short term studies, concealing what will occur over the long term.
Independent studies are expensive, and those that have been done are discredited and not published, to hide the truth.
but you already knew all that
Oh, you mean like the FDA also blindly accepts reports by certified organic producers that don't include the dangerous pesticides they use?

Go back and read post #72 and prove me wrong.....

Maybe the person knows that certified organic crops have killed more people than GM crops...

Last edited by plwhit; 09-13-2013 at 12:19 AM..

Old 09-13-2013, 12:22 AM

People Who Buy Organic Food

There are certain people who are drawn to organic food like moths to a flame (except moths don't drive to flames in a Prius). Below are a few culprits.

The Do-Gooder:
To the Do-Gooder, buying organic food is like being a tiny, lame super hero with a wallet. Buying organic lends support to the humane treatment of animals, conservation of healthy soil, etc. Additionally, not buying "conventional food" (a term no doubt coined by someone who calls Bud Light "pedestrian") means not participating in the problems associated with it, like pesticides running into rivers and lakes, or the creation of antibiotic-resistant (i.e. scary-ass) bacteria strains from animals consuming daily antibiotic-infused feed .

The Do-Gooder sees us barreling into a plague-ridden, bionic, sci-fi novel future, takes up an (expensive, ethically-produced) banner, and shouts "Never fear, World! My conscientious consumer habits will save you!"

Organic Food | Cracked.com

Old 09-13-2013, 03:04 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
BS.
No, actually what I wrote was on-target, and you were perhaps embarrassed that your nonsense was repudiated so readily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
you guys ALL have lined up to support obama's war in Syria as if commanded by an officer.
I'm in Facebook contact with many of my friends from my liberal church. The Facebook posts are running about 5-to-1 against the attack. You're clearly speaking from a point of ignorance, perhaps because you really don't know any left-leaning folks well-enough for them to trust you with their feelings about such matters. It's not uncommon for people to avoid contact with people who are abusive in their regard toward them or otherwise engage in the inevitable transgressions and other disreputable conduct that are part-and-parcel of the right-wing ethos.

Anyway, I know right-wingers have trouble accepting first-hand accounts or real news sources, so here is it from one of those ridiculously right-wing-blinded "news" sources:
Democrat Congressman Cummings: 99% of Calls to My Office Are Against Attacking Syria

I doubt you'll apologize for the error you made, but that's probably also a reflection of that right-wing ethos I mentioned.

Quote:
Food Safety the last time I checked wasn't a left or right or Democrat or Republican problem.
It is, though. The vast majority of right-wing perspective puts profits over people, and as such opposes regulations that protect consumers from compromises and other end-runs that large commercial food purveyors engage in. Some Democrats do, too, but as I said, "the Republican Party, ...is led as if it is a fascist regime" - so the prioritization of profits over people is almost ubiquitous, while, "Some Democrats are okay with the FDA; some aren't; and more importantly, some Democrats are okay with some of what the FDA does, and opposed to other things the FDA does," i.e., the Democrats are split with regard to their support for food safety, some siding with the right-wingers, putting profits over people, and others not.

Quote:
Haven't the critics figured out yet that blaming and fighting with "the other party" which no longer exists, because Republicans and Democrats are one and the same, is EXACTLY what the globalists want?
I don't find such naivete compelling.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:48 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
People Who Buy Organic Food

There are certain people who are drawn to organic food like moths to a flame (except moths don't drive to flames in a Prius). Below are a few culprits.

The Do-Gooder:
To the Do-Gooder, buying organic food is like being a tiny, lame super hero with a wallet. Buying organic lends support to the humane treatment of animals, conservation of healthy soil, etc. Additionally, not buying "conventional food" (a term no doubt coined by someone who calls Bud Light "pedestrian") means not participating in the problems associated with it, like pesticides running into rivers and lakes, or the creation of antibiotic-resistant (i.e. scary-ass) bacteria strains from animals consuming daily antibiotic-infused feed .

The Do-Gooder sees us barreling into a plague-ridden, bionic, sci-fi novel future, takes up an (expensive, ethically-produced) banner, and shouts "Never fear, World! My conscientious consumer habits will save you!"

Organic Food | Cracked.com
This is hilarious! How is your " organic do-gooder" different from your "global warming do-gooder"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies