Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2013, 02:23 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,768,812 times

Advertisements

As much as I don't like walmart, these people are disgusting.
I hope there is some way to have these leechers pay it back..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2013, 02:27 PM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,768,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Diamond View Post
To a liberal, it's not only acceptable, it comes as natural as breathing.
Huh?
Stop bringing politics into it. It is a despicable act perpetrated by these people - that's all.
I think both republicans and democrats will find this to be despicable.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:28 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
Huh?
Stop bringing politics into it. It is a despicable act perpetrated by these people - that's all.
I think both republicans and democrats will find this to be despicable.

Didn't you see some posters here defending it?

Old 10-14-2013, 02:33 PM

545 posts, read 452,019 times
its stealing, people know how much they have to spend.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:36 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Why didn't they just announce that EBT cards would not be accepted until the problem was fixed?

[oh, well...some former Walmart employees will be needing EBT cards for themselves soon]
The Obama crowd can get very nasty. Just read their posts on here. Just listen to their politicians.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
As much as I don't like walmart, these people are disgusting.
I hope there is some way to have these leechers pay it back..
No, it's what they know. Taking advantage of what and who they can.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:43 PM

30,257 posts, read 23,746,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
This is sad, in that it illustrates just how desperate people are in this economy. So many people are in just dire straits that a government program has people wrapped around government's finger like this.
I'm sorry, help me understand...in what way is it "sad", and how does it illustrate "desperation" on the part of some hag trying to steal $700 worth of food? I don't even have a budget of $700 for food each month. Should I go out and steal, too? Will that make you sad to see my plight of "desperation"? No, what you saw was pure greed, nothing more.

Come on.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:44 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,384,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
this is human nature, everybody will take advantage of a situation where it can benefit themselves, unless you are a complete fool.

if i had an ebt card and heard about this i wouldve been down there with all of them, just like the majority of posters who say this is a despicable act. quit with the holier than thou card.

we all take advantage of situations in our everyday lives to benefit ourselves at the expense of others.

[MOD CUT/off topic]

im tired of people pretending that they are goodie two shoes, who never do anything wrong.

the truth: majority of people will take advantage of a situation to benefit themselves if they believe they can get away with it. that includes the majority of posters on here.
This is the problem we have now in this country.

No one can call out, "SHAME!" to bad behavior because there is some fantasy out there that we should be tolerant of bad behavior and that "EVERYONE" does it.

No.

Old 10-14-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Its Walmarts dime, I could care less... their decision, their dime... you can't prosecute the fraudsters who claim "they didn't know and forgotten the last balance inquiry" because you can't prove otherwise...
In what world does someone have $700 on their EBT cards at the middle of the month? They knew damn good and well what they were doing. You think they can actually claim that they didn't....all those empty carts "prove otherwise".

Old 10-14-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Actually, I think the Waltons should pick up the tab. Walmart made a planned decision to make that announcement knowing what would happen. The Waltons took advantage of this opportunity to increase $$$$$$ at the cost of the taxpayers!
Only took 7 pages before the spin started.

LOL libs...you never cease to entertain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies