Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 09:44 AM

6,369 posts, read 6,405,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
You are forgetting the maximum out of pocket which includes the deductible and co-pays. Would you rather cap your cost at $ 6K and change per year ( individual policy) or risk the farm by being seriously underinsured in the event of an accident or serious illness?
Ummm, you are forgetting that I already had coverage with a FAMILY max out of pocket of just $6k, the best policy on the market in my state, Blue Cross. I was not, and never have been, seriously underinsured.

It is some kind of twisted fantasy to pretend that the ACA brings nothing but benefits to all. It is a total POS, and I wish politicians in both parties would get after fixing the worst parts of it immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2013, 09:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
You are forgetting the maximum out of pocket which includes the deductible and co-pays. Would you rather cap your cost at $ 6K and change per year ( individual policy) or risk the farm by being seriously underinsured in the event of an accident or serious illness?
Have you ever heard of catastrophic policies? Anyone with the "farm" to risk, wouldnt go without one..

Tell me how people who have their hours cut to 29 a week, and have their policies cancelled, can afford an extra $6k a year?

Have you ever been to a hospital? What do you think will happen when MOST people dont pay their $6K deductible? Where will that money come from?

Old 10-25-2013, 09:45 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Is the fact that people are telling you over and over again, that their getting screwed, and that even looking at your precious exchanges that it's not what they want or need... completely lost on you?

The fact is some folks are losing their insurance.
The fact is some folks benefits are changing for the worse.
The fact is some folks premiums are skyrocketing.
The fact is some folks do not get a subsidy to make it "affordable."

The fact is... you, nor the government have any right to be telling these folks what is or isn't good...
Who can argue with facts.

"Some folks" can't be agrued against. Numbers dont matter, averages and percentages dont matter...facts matter.

Even if One person loses their coverage, the whole of the system is broken.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:46 AM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
All insurers must provide the basic coverage.....except for low-dollar preventive stuff, only after HUGE deductibles and HUGE copays and HUGE out-of-pocket damage. I'm looking at actual ACA-compliant policies, comparing what I can get to what I had, and I'm telling you, when the majority of the public catches on they are going to be pissed.

Those covered by employer plans or government plans will also blame every future perceived shortfall to the ACA, in addition to those of us in the individual insurance market who are getting hammered right off the bat, unless we are the subsidy-eligible, not of much value to the rest of society types. I think the Dems are headed for a disaster that will unfold over years, not days or weeks--and fixing the website is not going to help them.
My family insurance is going from $1400 per month 70/30, 0 deductible to $1089 90/10, 0 deductible. And I could buy a 2K deductible, 80/20 for 300 less than that, No subsidy for me. Am I happy? You betcha! But then I had a good policy not some piece of garbage tissue paper loincloth from Celtic or Golden Rule or something. Apples to apples, Obamacare has a better price.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Ummm, you are forgetting that I already had coverage with a FAMILY max out of pocket of just $6k, the best policy on the market in my state, Blue Cross. I was not, and never have been, seriously underinsured.

It is some kind of twisted fantasy to pretend that the ACA brings nothing but benefits to all. It is a total POS, and I wish politicians in both parties would get after fixing the worst parts of it immediately.
Whats weird is these are the same people who wined that $6 a month birth control needed to be covered because people couldnt afford it, but now all of a sudden they have $6k a year to pay for deductibles..

And they arent even embarassed by their position, thats what sad..

Old 10-25-2013, 09:48 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obamacare a product" which is supposedly so good that our government has to threaten us with penalties and fines if we choose not to buy it. Obama's pals and cronies, including the labor unions that pushed for it, the Congress that passed it into law, and the government agencies assigned to enforce it, lined up for years begging for, and getting, waivers so they don't have to participate in it.
So maybe it can be amended to make it optional and when someone opts out, they waive any and all rights to healthcare, including the emergency room, unless they have the recourses to pay cash.

Why should the healthcare system continue to respond to people who choose to not insure their healthcare risks? Why not give such people the freedom to die of what might otherwise have been a preventable or treatable medical condition?

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
My family insurance is going from $1400 per month 70/30, 0 deductible to $1089 90/10, 0 deductible. No subsidy. But then I had a good policy not some piece of garbage tissue paper loincloth from Celtic or Golden Rule or something. Now I get an even better one for less. Am I happy? You betcha!
I don't think anyone really believes your stories. The website works perfectly for you, you get more and better coverage, you pay less.

I'm sorry, but you just aren't credible.

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Whats weird is these are the same people who wined that $6 a month birth control needed to be covered because people couldnt afford it, but now all of a sudden they have $6k a year to pay for deductibles..

And they arent even embarassed by their position, thats what sad..
Amazing isn't it. Now they want everyone else to pay for their kids dental plans.

Quote:
So maybe it can be amended to make it optional and when someone opts out, they waive any and all rights to healthcare, including the emergency room, unless they have the recourses to pay cash.

Why should the healthcare system continue to respond to people who choose to not insure their healthcare risks? Why not give such people the freedom to die of what might otherwise have been a preventable or treatable medical condition?
Um, they could have done that to begin with, saving millions from losing policies they already had.

3,997 posts, read 4,140,525 times
Quote:
Those covered by employer plans or government plans will also blame every future perceived shortfall to the ACA, .
Which kind of gets me to wondering... How long before the government starts TAXING the benefits that are covered through employers as a compensation package?

Hypothetically, an employee earns 2.00 per hour into a health plan. Right now this is done as pre-tax dollars. When this thing implodes is the government going to start taxing those?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies