Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 08:19 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,498,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
I think they realized they were wrong, and they were. Do you think anyone would go into a Cracker Barrel, and upon seeing Duck Dynasty merchandise offered, turn and walk out? Doubtful.

It is always bad policy for a business to take sides in such silly "controversies." Especially if the so-called "controversy' is ginned up by a tiny minority of malcontents, who are always out to stir up trouble.

I love Cracker Barrel. When we travel across country (not so much anymore), Cracker Barrel has always been our favorite stop for evening meals. Their food is delicious, and their service is excellent, as well as the atmosphere very pleasant.
I am a Christian.

I have refused to eat at Cracker Barrel for many years now,
because they refuse to hire gays, and have even fired them.

Now I am not gay, and I do preach against
men with men having sex, and women with women having sex.

I preach sex is between a man and a woman who are married
to each other according to the bible and that is all.

The man from Duck Dynasty which this thread is about
was speaking from his heart what he believes God
wanted him to say according to the bible.

And I say Amen ! ! !

Old 12-26-2013, 08:23 AM

525 posts, read 508,907 times
Default Jesse Jackson comments on Phil Robetson.

Ok, I get that the Phil Robertson thing was upsetting to some people...I get that...but this is just getting insane. I believe that this is becomming a competition between the two loudest, most politically connected minority advocacy groups (NAACP & GLAAD) over who can be the most vocally offended and outraged over these stupid comments.

Jesse Jackson is now saying that Phil Robertson is worse than the man who put Rosa Parks in the back of the bus..........Really!?!? He simply stated what he says that he witnessed. Sure, his comments were clearly naive and ignorant, but no one with exception to Phil knows that HE personally experienced. Only Phil Robertson knows what Phil Robertson saw and was subjected to on a daily basis.

I feel very sorry for Jesse Jackson....I would hate it if my professional career hinged upon continued instances of the thing I supposedly fight. Jackson clearly salivates over issues like this because without them, he's just another irrelevant, loudmouth, "reverend."

If Jackson TRULY cared about fighting the real injustices against the Black community he'd be out fighting drug use in inner-cities, fighting for more involved community outreach programs, lobbying for a more progressive tax structure and local investments, better inner-city job creation, crime reduction measures, and a higher minimum wage.

This is merely a PR crusade to pad his name, his pockets, and his relevance.

Jesse Jackson -- Phil Robertson Is WORSE Than Rosa Parks Bus Driver | TMZ.com

Old 12-26-2013, 08:25 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
Amen!

I'm sick and tired of having "gay pride" and all the rest of their crap, such as the "politically correct speech," shoved down my throat, and being told I cannot let my religious views be expressed openly because they might offend somebody. But it is okay if I am offended, because I am a Christian, who believes God.
Must be tough to be so terribly persecuted.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:25 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
I find it amusing that anybody still listens to Jesse Jackson.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:27 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,139,792 times
I'm certain Jesse thinks there's $$$$$ in it for him. Otherwise, he'd keep his big yap shut.

Old 12-26-2013, 08:33 AM

3,020 posts, read 8,618,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hot_handz View Post
i find it amusing that anybody still listens to jesse jackson.
^^^^^this^^^^^

Old 12-26-2013, 08:35 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I haven't commented on this controversy because I believe it is much ado about nothing.

A guy on a TV show that I never watch made a comment a lot of people found offensive.

Big deal.

The company he worked for suspended him because what he said goes against their policy.

The guy didn't break any law. He has a constitutional right to free speech. He wasn't arrested. On the other hand, "freedom of speech" is not a guaranteed right if it violates your employer's policy. I can be terminated at my job if I say inappropiate things. I am even restricted in regards to certain things in "the social media" like on Facebook or Twitter. I want to keep my job, so I agreed to abide by these policies. If I didn't agree with them I would work someplace else.
^^^^ This. This man's words are being given too much credence. He's a reality television *star* for goodness sakes.

This is between him and his employer. No politician, talking head OR Jesse Jackson need weigh in.

Old 12-26-2013, 09:05 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,621,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
You don't have to be in a minority group to be discriminated against or suffer from bigotry. It many cases, it justifies the discrimination; for some reason it's acceptable to sling hatred towards someone if they're part of a bigger group.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:18 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post

People can be bushed only so far...Don't cry when the bus goes over the edge.....

Old 12-26-2013, 12:38 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,264,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
People can be bushed only so far...Don't cry when the bus goes over the edge.....
Christians control our government, economy and every aspect of our social lives.

If you feel you're being "persecuted" or "pushed," I hesitate to think how you'd feel if you lived in a country where the opposite is true. Seriously, how can you even say this kind of say this kind of stuff given the world's history of real religious persecution … early Christians, Jews throughout history, Armenians in Turkey, WWII, China in Tibet. You should be embarrassed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies