Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 05:08 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,636,102 times

Advertisements

If he would have simply said "I'm a Christian and I believe homosexuality is a sin", I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

He didn't need to go into detail talking about women's vaginas and men's anuses. I can just imagine him sitting there saying those things with a smirk on his face, because he probably thinks it is funny. This is what gay people get tired of.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:33 AM

1,074 posts, read 758,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And that is your opinion to which you're entitled to no matter how wrongheaded it is. The only thing that I'd ask you to think about has been said over and over again. This thought is "with all the negative baggage attached to being gay, all the hate,all the dirty looks,some violence etc why on earth would the majority of gays choose to be gay?"

Are there some who choose that lifestyle? Sure, just like there's straight people who choose to be that way (though they're called "closet gays)".
It is not just an opinion: it is supported by what the bible tells us. If it was, as Burdell says, "innate," then God wouldn't have called it sin. Therefore, it is a behavior.

Is your opinion any less wrongheaded? What makes you think that your opinion is right? Your thinking is flawed.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
A man of hateful principles.
Oh, wait. Are we judging? Isn't it you folks who, when convenient, always throw the bible in our faces with the verse, "Do not judge?"

Old 12-26-2013, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
No, it just shows what they and other conglomerates worship, the DOLLAR.
I think they realized they were wrong, and they were. Do you think anyone would go into a Cracker Barrel, and upon seeing Duck Dynasty merchandise offered, turn and walk out? Doubtful.

It is always bad policy for a business to take sides in such silly "controversies." Especially if the so-called "controversy' is ginned up by a tiny minority of malcontents, who are always out to stir up trouble.

I love Cracker Barrel. When we travel across country (not so much anymore), Cracker Barrel has always been our favorite stop for evening meals. Their food is delicious, and their service is excellent, as well as the atmosphere very pleasant.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:47 AM

Quote:
First off, more than 1% of the population is gay or bisexual. Secondly, out community and supporters are much more than just gay people - it includes our parents, sisters, brothers, cousins, aunts, uncles, friends, etc.
Okay, 2%.

That your families would support you is a given. What are they supposed to do? Disown you? That doesn't mean they agree with your choices.

Old 12-26-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
GLAAD may run Hollywood, but they've never stepped foot in a Cracker Barrel. This one blew up in their face, and in their words "we regret calling this one wrong"

People are sick of being told not only what they can say, but how they must think.

Maybe it's time for GLAAD to acknowledge that religious freedom is protected as well, and like it or not, every major religion views the act as a sin.
Amen!

I'm sick and tired of having "gay pride" and all the rest of their crap, such as the "politically correct speech," shoved down my throat, and being told I cannot let my religious views be expressed openly because they might offend somebody. But it is okay if I am offended, because I am a Christian, who believes God.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:03 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,950,377 times
I haven't commented on this controversy because I believe it is much ado about nothing.

A guy on a TV show that I never watch made a comment a lot of people found offensive.

Big deal.

The company he worked for suspended him because what he said goes against their policy.

The guy didn't break any law. He has a constitutional right to free speech. He wasn't arrested. On the other hand, "freedom of speech" is not a guaranteed right if it violates your employer's policy. I can be terminated at my job if I say inappropiate things. I am even restricted in regards to certain things in "the social media" like on Facebook or Twitter. I want to keep my job, so I agreed to abide by these policies. If I didn't agree with them I would work someplace else.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
Originally Posted by DoD Guy
Tolerant as long as you agree with their butthead views.

How does a religious view translate into discrimination? You have the live as you please, but people shouldn't be forced to like or accept it. You disrespect religious views constantly, making you the one ready to discriminate.

I think this is great! Walmart is selling out of Duck Dynasty products. Over twenty million Facebook views in the last few days. I'm thinking GLAAD stepped into a huge mess and awoke a sleeping giant this time.

Yep. Sometimes it has the opposite effect of what was intended.

Old 12-26-2013, 06:34 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
No, it doesn't.

But if you call me murderous, hateful, heartless, senseless, and ruthless; say that I'm evil; and claim that my friends will die simply for being friends with me all because I'm gay, then it does mean you hate me - and that you hate me because I am gay.

Unfortunately hammertime, not everyone is going to like you, and no amount of PC will ever change that! It's just the way of the world. Some people are just a**holes! If you're happy with who you are, and the way your life is going, then screw what anyone else has to say!

Old 12-26-2013, 07:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,023,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamencoFreak View Post
I think it's time people understand what these people do. They have carefully tried to hide their disgusting acts, to keep the public uninformed about the true nature of their perversion. This is by design.
That ship has sailed long ago. I think anyone over the age of 15 (probably 10 yrs old or younger nowadays) knows exactly "what these people do" and how the body parts can fit together.
It's impossible not to considering what's on tv, movies and print not to mention in the schools (transgender bathrooms now etc).
I don't care what anyone does in their home just don't stick it in my face and demand that I agree with that.
Example: Boys and girls checking out the other's tonsils while on the bus, in the movies etc. Boys and girls grabbing each others body parts and grinding on each other in public places like malls, school dances etc.
I'm no prude though it does bother me to see people having "dry sex" in public places where others including youngsters have to be participants in the show. Miley Cyrus comes to mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies