Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 07:09 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
People can be bushed only so far...Don't cry when the bus goes over the edge.....

Tell me more, please. Tell me more about how Christians have been persecuted in our country.

Quite frankly, its a whole bunch of horse****. You and your fellow Christian adherents are NOT persecuted.

None of your rights have been taken away.

None of your practices have been outlawed.

None of your religious freedom has been infringed upon.

Grow up and educate yourself. It has become wholly tiresome to listen to the crying.

Old 12-26-2013, 07:12 PM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The blacks probably were happier.. with people like Jackson and Sharpton filling them up with hate and resentment towards ALL whites , how can that make a person happier?

Oh yes.

Those terrible black leaders making the black population angry about being subject to different rules and laws due to their skin color.

HOW DARE THEY? How.dare.they?!

Old 12-26-2013, 07:17 PM

30,360 posts, read 51,964,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Here is my reply:
Nice try, but the "liberals" didn't "demand" anything - least of all that he be censored. His dismissal from the show was a network decision, and from what I've heard his contract was up anyway. If you asked the average American liberal what they thought about it, their response would probably be "meh, whatever." I certainly don't care if he's fired or kept on, seeing as I've never had any desire to watch the show. As for Ahmadinejad, if there is such a thing as hell, I hope he rots there for eternity. So no, not a fan of his either. Maybe if you cut back on the FOX News, you'd know what a REAL liberal thinks and believes?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:24 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,816,616 times
Thumbs down GOP Lawmaker To Introduce Bill Celebrating Phil Robertson As A "Hero"

It's unreal that those on the far right not only condone, but praise hate and intolerance, things completely against the constitution and what the founding fathers wanted,..

An Alabama state senator has promised to introduce a bill calling for the state to lend its support to suspended Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson, the Daily Home reported on Tuesday.
State Sen. Jerry Fielding’s (R) bill states in part that Robertson, who was benched following homophobic and racially-fueled statements to GQ, “should not be penalized in any way for practicing freedom of speech, but should be celebrated as a hero for courageously revealing his self-truth and Christian ideals in a world that can be unkind towards those with a conservative mind-set.”

Fielding’s bill calls for the state legislature to be “united in support” of Robertson and his family, saying the Duck Dynasty stars have been “ambassadors of the love and grace of the Heavenly Father through their exemplary lives on and off the camera.”

Alabama lawmaker will introduce bill defending ‘Duck Dynasty’s’ Phil Robertson | The Raw Story

Old 12-26-2013, 07:26 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
It's unreal that those on the far right not only condone, but praise hate and intolerance, things completely against the constitution and what the founding fathers wanted,..

An Alabama state senator has promised to introduce a bill calling for the state to lend its support to suspended Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson, the Daily Home reported on Tuesday.
State Sen. Jerry Fielding’s (R) bill states in part that Robertson, who was benched following homophobic and racially-fueled statements to GQ, “should not be penalized in any way for practicing freedom of speech, but should be celebrated as a hero for courageously revealing his self-truth and Christian ideals in a world that can be unkind towards those with a conservative mind-set.”

Fielding’s bill calls for the state legislature to be “united in support” of Robertson and his family, saying the Duck Dynasty stars have been “ambassadors of the love and grace of the Heavenly Father through their exemplary lives on and off the camera.”

Alabama lawmaker will introduce bill defending ‘Duck Dynasty’s’ Phil Robertson | The Raw Story
Introducing legislation that is basically commentary on a media event sounds like small government/fiscal conservatisim to me...

Old 12-26-2013, 07:29 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:

Hmmm...so what exactly is it that you want?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:31 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,147,182 times
Quote:
...An Alabama state senator...
Why am I not surprised?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:38 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Nice try, but the "liberals" didn't "demand" anything - least of all that he be censored. His dismissal from the show was a network decision, and from what I've heard his contract was up anyway. If you asked the average American liberal what they thought about it, their response would probably be "meh, whatever." I certainly don't care if he's fired or kept on, seeing as I've never had any desire to watch the show. As for Ahmadinejad, if there is such a thing as hell, I hope he rots there for eternity. So no, not a fan of his either. Maybe if you cut back on the FOX News, you'd know what a REAL liberal thinks and believes?
I didn't expect you to see the hypocrisy.

Many liberals definitely are demanding that Phil be censored and/or fired, yet are very quiet about Ahmadinejad. If Phil was dismissed from the show because he quoted the Bible, do you agree with it?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:39 PM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:

Compared to liberals passing laws, throwing people in jail, slandering folks for speaking their beliefs because they don't match liberal moonbatology? Never heard a word about hate in his comments but your post sure reflects it based on your comments. Reading comprehension is not the liberal strong suit eh?

Old 12-26-2013, 07:43 PM

650 posts, read 514,317 times
whats the big deal, you'd almost think a fundy group wanted to apply for a parade down main street or something, all dressed up in ancient attire dancing around singing hymns. its what fundy's believe , so what. the whole uproar is boring prob just like the show.

Last edited by alexcanter; 12-26-2013 at 08:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies