Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 03:55 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
...says the man who used to spit in white people foods, called NY Hymietown and had an affair and baby and used funds from the Rainbow Coalition to pay her off. The man has no credibility and yet he's like the energizer bunny.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse Jackson decided to share his thoughts on Phil Robertson, weighing in on the controversy that's been heavily debated by "Duck Dynasty" fans and critics alike.

In a statement to FOX411, Jackson opened up about Robertson's comments in a GQ interview, during which the A&E star made negative, graphic statements about homosexual sex and the lack of racism in pre-Civil Rights South.

Jackson charged that the Robertson family patriarch, who was suspended indefinitely from his reality show, is worse than the driver who told Rosa Parks to give up her seat.

Jesse Jackson: Phil Robertson 'more offensive' than Rosa Parks driver | Fox News
Just wondering if you are black? If not, how can you possibly know how it feels to have some white backwoods "religious" redneck state that blacks were better off and happier before civil rights (in other words when they were dehumanized and treated as less than citizens)? What an ignorant patronizing idiotic comment. And, frankly, why would anything Jackson has said in the past negate or alleviate how he feels about some duckman's stupid comments comments today?

Old 12-26-2013, 03:58 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
No matter how deep Jesse Jackson’s flaws are he is more accomplished and fought more battles for a righteous cause than everyone on this board! He was in the trenches during a time when it wasn’t socially acceptable for people to take his and Dr. king’s stance. Now a day folks like to ride the civil rights legacy without having lifted a finger when soldiers were needed.

That said, this is Jesse’s opinion and he is entitled to express opinions like this due to the struggle he went through. If he believes this, he believes this… Right, wrong or indifferent…

Old 12-26-2013, 04:04 PM

130 posts, read 224,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
...says the man who used to spit in white people foods, called NY Hymietown and had an affair and baby and used funds from the Rainbow Coalition to pay her off. The man has no credibility and yet he's like the energizer bunny.
This^ Jesse Jackass is again proven to be just another irrelevant race hustler spewing bile in a vain attempt to raise his own pitiful profile.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:13 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Default To the Phil Robertson critics: If Robertson had said that stealing is a sin, would you be attacking him?

Phil Robertson essentially stated what is written in the Bible concerning homosexuality when he answered a direct question and called homosexuality a sin.

The Bible also declares that stealing is a sin.

If Robertson had said that stealing is a sin, and if you are critical of his words about homosexuality, would that have likewise bothered you?

If not, why, and how do you justify such a hypocritical stance?

Old 12-26-2013, 04:19 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Phil Robertson essentially stated what is written in the Bible concerning homosexuality when he answered a direct question and called homosexuality a sin.

If Robertson had said that stealing is a sin, and if you are critical of his words about homosexuality, would that have likewise bothered you?

Frankly, I think stealing is wrong due to my own moral compass. I do not believe the bible is anything more than mythology. Some of us do not require a book of fiction to tell us what to think or how to act, as our family, upbringing and experiences in the real world are what many rational people base life choices upon.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:26 PM

1,261 posts, read 2,147,182 times
Stealing entails real harm to another person or persons. Not just the loss of the item or items, but emotionally, financially, and possibly physically if it was an aggravated robbery.

Homosexuality does not involve any harm or coercion to anyone. Therefore you cannot state that theft and homosexuality are somehow morally equivalent.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:27 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Frankly, I think stealing is wrong due to my own moral compass. I do not believe the bible is anything more than mythology. Some of us do not require a book of fiction to tell us what to think or how to act, as our family, upbringing and experiences in the real world are what many rational people base life choices upon.
That's not an answer to the question.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:28 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Frankly, I think stealing is wrong due to my own moral compass..
That is exactly why Harrier believes that homosexuality is wrong - it is anti-ethical to basic human morality.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:28 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Who really cares what Jesse Jackson or any of his brainless bigot supporters said? Jesse Jackson lost his relevancy about 15 years ago, the only people who actually agree with him are ignorant morons.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:30 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

Where does the Bible call homosexuality a sin?

Also, I have nothing wrong with Phil having a bigoted view or expressing it in front of a bunch of people. I remember this crazy guy on my college campus that use to shout out bigoted things. I also have no problem with a company suspending an employee who does something like this because it affects their brand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies