Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 08:19 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
OMG, this is like talking to a wall.

She DID contact them, THEY TOLD HER to cancel her Odeathcare first. Seriously, I even pointed it out in BOLD print for you.

Again:

Here, one word at a time. If you have trouble with a word, please look up the definition before continuing on to the next word, most especially when you reach, "was told she'd have to cancel her Ocare" and especially when you reach the final word, "FIRST".
YES.

Told to cancel the plan she'd already purchased. It doesn't matter where she purchased it. You go to the insurance company to cancel plans.

Where does that translate to "have to go to the ACA website to cancel that plan".

You don't go to the website to cancel plans. You go to the insurance company to cancel plans.

You don't have to go to Amazon to cancel your wine club membership. You go to the wine club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 08:49 AM

30,072 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Yeah, I have stopped believing things that come out of Fox News without any verification...completely. Lie after lie gets outed and still their little lap dogs lick up the vomit they spew without an ouce of critical thinking or shame. Like the boy who dried wolf, or chicken little, if you lie over and over this magical thing seems to happen where people stop believing what you say is true.

They might as well be Obama supporters at this point. With the constant wingnut conspiracies and lies they spew day after day if Obama actually did something horrible no one would believe it with the mountain of evidence that like the others it would be eventually proved false. If it wasn't drowned out by all the disproved conspiracies and lies that came the next day.

................ Meanwhile, back in reality, the vast majority of "Obamacare" enrollees are simply new Medicaid patients...............

This is not a "wing nut conspiracy". This is a simple fact.

Obamacare financial considerations were based upon

a. young people signing up
b. the majority of enrollees not being medicaid
c. looting money from medicare

Good luck with that. The large anesthesia group in our town (53 members, 320 covered lives) has to change insurance due to Obamacare rules. They are looking at 75% increases in premiums. I doubt that thier situation (come this November/December for enrollment) will be that much different than anyone else in America. The fireworks will really start when large groups of people are thrown off thier current insurance.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:01 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
One woman's adventure to get out of Obamadoesn'tcare.

‘Parallel universe’: Woman spends 6 weeks trying to disenroll from ObamaCare | Fox News

Apparently she wanted back what she had before the idiot lied. You know, one of those "junk plans" the Obamabots cry against. The plan that I like that I tailored for myself valid for 364 days, the one that covered my ER visit last night with no copays with Xrays for a damaged foot with a $100 deductible. With follow-on care with a copay of $30 and no deductible. The equivalent with Obamaliedcare would have been $1000 deductible, a specific ER and specific doctor and huge copays.

Yeah, I like my "junk" plan better than whatever the idiot in the WH says is better for me. At 75% less than the junk plan with ACA.

??? doesn't nonpayment of premium get you out of obamacare pretty fast?

Old 01-22-2014, 09:20 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
YES.

Told to cancel the plan she'd already purchased. It doesn't matter where she purchased it. You go to the insurance company to cancel plans.

Where does that translate to "have to go to the ACA website to cancel that plan".

You don't go to the website to cancel plans. You go to the insurance company to cancel plans.

You don't have to go to Amazon to cancel your wine club membership. You go to the wine club.
Per the story, she wanted to cancel a plan she had not yet paid for. In your Amazon analogy, it's like going to the wine club to cancel a wine club membership that's in your cart.

"At that point, I hadn't paid my premium ... so I thought okay, that'll be easy to do," she said.
Ostensibly, yes. She tried using a simple "terminate button" on the website -- but it wasn't working."

When there's a 'terminate' button, one would expect the ability to terminate using the website.

In the overall scheme of things this is simply one bad incident, not an indictment of Ocare. Only you know what your stake is in blaming it on and insulting the woman rather than on the uninformed or uncooperative workers at the website

Old 01-22-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Per the story, she wanted to cancel a plan she had not yet paid for. In your Amazon analogy, it's like going to the wine club to cancel a wine club membership that's in your cart.

"At that point, I hadn't paid my premium ... so I thought okay, that'll be easy to do," she said.
Ostensibly, yes. She tried using a simple "terminate button" on the website -- but it wasn't working."

When there's a 'terminate' button, one would expect the ability to terminate using the website.

In the overall scheme of things this is simply one bad incident, not an indictment of Ocare. Only you know what your stake is in blaming it on and insulting the woman rather than on the uninformed or uncooperative workers at the website
No. She had purchased her insurance plan, so it wasn't "in her cart". It was PURCHASED. And, when you find the "terminate button" on the website, let me know. Because I've been to the website countless times, and I've not seen such a button.

My stake is INTEGRITY. She's telling a story that can't be verified, that flies in the face of common sense, and it's spreading like wildfire through conservative circles, whose only interest is bashing President Obama and the ACA legislation. I'm challenging her story because it is bull-hockey. And as a matter of INTEGRITY and HONESTY, I call bull-hockey when I see bull-hockey.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:31 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
No. She had purchased her insurance plan, so it wasn't "in her cart". It was PURCHASED. And, when you find the "terminate button" on the website, let me know. Because I've been to the website countless times, and I've not seen such a button.

My stake is INTEGRITY. She's telling a story that can't be verified, that flies in the face of common sense, and it's spreading like wildfire through conservative circles, whose only interest is bashing President Obama and the ACA legislation. I'm challenging her story because it is bull-hockey. And as a matter of INTEGRITY and HONESTY, I call bull-hockey when I see bull-hockey.
I've never been to the site, but here's another story about trying to cancel an exchange plan ---

"The application that she finished on Oct. 24 says "Status, complete." Imler clicks on the actual application and scrolls down to an ominous looking red icon that says "Terminate Coverage. So you hit the terminate button. It says you've chosen to end the following coverage... you then have to check 'I have fully read and understand that I'm choosing to terminate coverage,'" she says. "Then you click terminate again, and we'll see what happens." What happens is nothing.

Breaking Up With HealthCare.gov Is Hard To Do : Shots - Health News : NPR

I know, I know. Just another stupid person with an unverified story, an imaginary terminate button reported by a conservative anti-Obama, anti-ACA source --- NPR.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:42 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Quote:
I've never been to the site, but here's another story about trying to cancel an exchange plan ---

"The application that she finished on Oct. 24 says "Status, complete." Imler clicks on the actual application and scrolls down to an ominous looking red icon that says "Terminate Coverage. So you hit the terminate button. It says you've chosen to end the following coverage... you then have to check 'I have fully read and understand that I'm choosing to terminate coverage,'" she says. "Then you click terminate again, and we'll see what happens." What happens is nothing.

I know, I know. Just another stupid person with an unverified story, an imaginary terminate button reported by a conservative anti-Obama, anti-ACA source --- NPR.

LOL, great minds. I was just about post that same link with the exact same quote. Glad I read to the end of the thread first.

I love how DC is calling everyone else idiots. The lady who bought the insurance, the insurance company who spent their time calling the federal hotline to help her cancel, the worker at the federal hotline who cancelled the insurance, and now I'm sure this lady and the NPR reporter who wrote the story.

All of those people are just stupid. And DC at the Ridge has all the answers.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:43 AM

46,968 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Quite correct.

Deal with it. Society is not my problem. Personal responsibility is high on my list. You can have the leeches.
Well, I sincerely hope for you that you're not met with that attitude when your hour of need arrives.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:44 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,732,396 times
Look, more stupid people:

http://www.bernardhealth.com/woofstr...Healthcare-gov

The screen shot of the healthcare.gov red Terminate button must be a fake.

Notice how under the Terminate button it says that pushing that button would "end your coverage" from all plans listed above.

So when you push the button, and then confirm, it's supposed terminate your coverage. Not one word on there about needing to call the insurance company.

And then on the next page, you have to actually check a box saying that you understand that this will terminate your coverage and that could leave you open to "tax implications," ie. being taxed for not having coverage, because, well, you terminated your plan.

Old 01-22-2014, 10:49 AM

Quote:

I HAVE been to the site. I have a completed application. And I've tried several times since reading this story to find the so-called TERMINATE button. It doesn't exist, as far as I can tell. It may have existed back in October, before they revamped the website. And starting in December, you could delete an application, and start over. I did that, twice. I assume that eventually Imler did the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies