Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 05:17 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,011,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I purchased insurance outside the exchanges.
Good on you, here's a cookie.

Quote:
Problem is, since you fail to grasp what I have been promoting is insurance that doesn't meet Obamaliescare standards.
You could, you know, type that. Instead of "They are obligatory, or you get fined for not complying" - "they" referring to the exchanges.

Quote:
See, my plan does not subsidize the sick, lame and lazy as ACA was crafted to do.
Yeah, screw the sick. Who needs health insurance focused on what the sick need? They're such liabilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 06:39 PM

15,535 posts, read 10,512,774 times
Quote:
I will make some crap up. 9 times out of ten they don't even check.
As far as obamacare is concerned, temporary insurance is perfectly legit. I haven't heard how it's to be reported, but I imagine those policies will also give out a number (or some kind of code). TurboTax will surely have a prompt for it.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:14 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Yeah, screw the sick. Who needs health insurance focused on what the sick need? They're such liabilities.
They never were my liabilities and now they really aren't. You want to pay for it, feel free. My money is for me.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:19 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
[/b]

You're right --- Stupid people aren't the fault of the ACA. But The ACA is the fault of stupid people.
This is it in a nutshell.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:31 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The part where you all insist that she needed to cancel her existing plan, and you all insist that that means that she has to cancel it through the ACA website. Because, she didn't purchase her insurance plan from the government, she purchased her insurance plan from a private insurance carrier. And when a person purchases an insurance plan from a private insurance company, when one wants to cancel that policy, then one contacts the insurance company. As I've stated ad nauseum, if you go through the Amazon website to purchase a wine club membership, you don't ask Amazon to cancel it for you. You cancel the membership by contacting the wine club. The ACA website is a marketplace, functioning like Amazon, consolidating your shopping choices into a single website. The government isn't offering insurance policies.
OMG, this is like talking to a wall.

She DID contact them, THEY TOLD HER to cancel her Odeathcare first. Seriously, I even pointed it out in BOLD print for you.

Again:

Quote:
She checked with Blue Cross Blue Shield in early December and was told she'd have to cancel her ObamaCare plan first.
Here, one word at a time. If you have trouble with a word, please look up the definition before continuing on to the next word, most especially when you reach, "was told she'd have to cancel her Ocare" and especially when you reach the final word, "FIRST".

Quote:
She
Checked
With
BCBS
In
Early
December
And
Was
Told
She'd
Have
To
Cancel
Her
Obamacare
Plan
First

Old 01-21-2014, 10:31 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
They never were my liabilities and now they really aren't. You want to pay for it, feel free. My money is for me.
"Scr.w you, I got mine" would have been shorter.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Liberals don't think objectively or critically.

They support whatever President Obama does simply because he has a (D) after his name.

Old 01-21-2014, 11:16 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This is really sad. I can't believe that people are still defending obamacare, acting as if it is a wonderful thing. It has been one problem after another with no end in sight. I don't understand why people choose to be blind to these things.
It's easy to understand. They honestly don't care about people and don't care about their suffering. They don't care that Obamacare is a disaster because it's not what they really want. Many of them have said it's just a stepping stone to the single payer system they really want so they don't care that Obama lied or that ACA is a disgrace.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:15 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,898,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
[/b]
Since she did eventually manage to terminate through the website, it must be equipped to do it ---

"Fortunately for her, she said the insurance company was helpful, and worked through the federal help line with her until finally reaching someone who, despite not being pleasant about it, said the plan would be discontinued. She later confirmed it was."

I've never been to the website. It apparently has a 'terminate' button, which would lead normal, non-stupid people to believe you can, guess what --- terminate using the website.

Per the story, she began her effort to terminate Before she made a payment. Why would she think a prospective insurer rather than the website was the place to go. The story doesn't name the exchange insurer she signed up for. It doesn't sound like any of the ACA's expert workers told her to contact that insurer.

You're right --- Stupid people aren't the fault of the ACA. But The ACA is the fault of stupid people.
Per HER story...

Which no one has independently verified. Which can't be verified, because of privacy laws.

And I've been to the website, numerous times. I've never seen this "terminate" button.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:18 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Scr.w you, I got mine" would have been shorter.
Quite correct.

Deal with it. Society is not my problem. Personal responsibility is high on my list. You can have the leeches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies