Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 09:38 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,874,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
She called Blue Cross and they said she had to cancel through the exchange.

You realize that the mess that the website has created means that they are literally going through and reconciling these enrollees by hand. Because so many people never got their applications transmitted to the insurance companies, they are checking to make sure each person who the exchanges show as enrolled are also on the insurance companies' rolls.

So if even if you are able to unenroll through the insurance company, you could likely be "reconciled" back into the plan because you show up as enrolled through the exchanges.

Obama created a huge mess by not allowing a delay and forcing people to use a system that wasn't even remotely ready. And this poor woman is one of thousands who got caught in the cracks created by Obama. They have taken almost $1000 from her. Surely you could muster up some sympathy.
NO, they didn't say she had to cancel through the exchange. They said she had to cancel the plan she had purchased. Reading is fundamental.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 09:42 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
NO, they didn't say she had to cancel through the exchange. They said she had to cancel the plan she had purchased. Reading is fundamental.
She had to go through the Obamacare help line to in order to finally get her plan canceled. From the article:

Quote:
Fortunately for her, she said the insurance company was helpful, and worked through the federal help line with her until finally reaching someone who, despite not being pleasant about it, said the plan would be discontinued. She later confirmed it was.
Hopefully she stays cancelled. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets the money taken out again next month and has to go through this all again. It's like a bad record of the month club. The exchanges are such a mess they have no idea whose enrolled.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
She had to go through the Obamacare help line to in order to finally get her plan canceled. From the article:

Hopefully she stays cancelled. I wouldn't be surprised if she gets the money taken out again next month and has to go through this all again. It's like a bad record of the month club. The exchanges are such a mess they have no idea whose enrolled.
NO, she didn't. She just thought she had to, because she isn't all that bright. It's just like any other insurance policy you purchase, you contact the insurance company to cancel. The ACA isn't taking the money out of her bank account. The ACA has to be notified, because insurance companies are bureaucracies just like the government, and might not notify the ACA in a timely manner of the cancellation. But you cancel your policy with the insurance company. The BC/BS people assisted her in both tasks.

Old 01-21-2014, 09:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
NO, she didn't. She just thought she had to, because she isn't all that bright. It's just like any other insurance policy you purchase, you contact the insurance company to cancel. The ACA isn't taking the money out of her bank account. The ACA has to be notified, because insurance companies are bureaucracies just like the government, and might not notify the ACA in a timely manner of the cancellation. But you cancel your policy with the insurance company. The BC/BS people assisted her in both tasks.
The OP article says she contacted BCBS who told her she had to cancel her Obamacare plan first.
She was probably getting a subsidy. She went to the Obamacare website and clicked on the "terminate" button but, as we have found out, there is no code behind that button to do anything

Old 01-21-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The OP article says she contacted BCBS who told her she had to cancel her Obamacare plan first.
She was probably getting a subsidy. She went to the Obamacare website and clicked on the "terminate" button but, as we have found out, there is no code behind that button to do anything
Yes.

She had to cancel the plan she purchased on the ACA website. And how do you cancel insurance policies? By contacting the insurance carrier. I purchased a plan on the ACA website. I bought the plan from Blue Cross Blue Shield. If I want to cancel my policy, I have to notify Blue Cross Blue Shield in writing that I want my plan cancelled, and instructing them of the effective cancellation date, and not to auto-draft my bank account for any future premium payments. How do I know this, because it says so in my policy? Additionally, I have to notify the ACA website that I've cancelled the plan. And this is purely for information purposes, so that the ACA doesn't pay out any subsidies to the insurance company on my behalf.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:16 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Yeah, I have stopped believing things that come out of Fox News without any verification...completely.
Yes, because Obama told you not to listen to Fox news. But, you'll accept anything from the MSM, that is completely in bed with the administration and the Democrat Party. Pravda, anyone?

Are you people not capable of any independent thought at all? You are being duped, and you don't even know it!

Quote:
Lie after lie gets outed and still their little lap dogs lick up the vomit they spew without an ouce of critical thinking or shame.
You trust an idiot like Jon Stewart, and believe the Leftist Website, FactCheck.org, funded by other Leftists (George Soros) who are in the business of lying to you so that you go along with the Progressive agenda! How stupid is that?

Yet, you cannot provide one shred of evidence that this story, or any other story from Fox, is a lie. Just like Benghazi, Fox is the only network that did an investigation, reported accurately that it was al Qaeda that was responsible (a fact known the following morning, as al Qaeda claimed responsibility, as they always do), while the Obama administration, and HILLARY CLINTON, and later Susan Rice, were still claiming the attack was in response to an anti-Muslim video!

You listen to Chris Matthew's pontificate about how wonderful Obamacare is, a man who says he gets "a tingle up his leg" whenever he hears Obama speak! I'm sorry, but that is the behavior of a true apparatchik, a hopeless sycophant of a person who has a messiah complex. These are the kind of people you trust to be telling you the "truth?"

Quote:
Like the boy who dried wolf, or chicken little, if you lie over and over this magical thing seems to happen where people stop believing what you say is true.
Kind of like the Warmists telling us the sky is falling, isn't it? No proof. It's happening. Ipse dixit! Accept it. We're all doomed "if we don't act now." (Oh, how Obama loves that phrase!)

Quote:
They might as well be Obama supporters at this point. With the constant wingnut conspiracies and lies they spew day after day if Obama actually did something horrible no one would believe it with the mountain of evidence that like the others it would be eventually proved false. If it wasn't drowned out by all the disproved conspiracies and lies that came the next day.
Incredible stupidity!

Old 01-21-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Yes.

She had to cancel the plan she purchased on the ACA website. And how do you cancel insurance policies? By contacting the insurance carrier. I purchased a plan on the ACA website. I bought the plan from Blue Cross Blue Shield. If I want to cancel my policy, I have to notify Blue Cross Blue Shield in writing that I want my plan cancelled, and instructing them of the effective cancellation date, and not to auto-draft my bank account for any future premium payments. How do I know this, because it says so in my policy? Additionally, I have to notify the ACA website that I've cancelled the plan. And this is purely for information purposes, so that the ACA doesn't pay out any subsidies to the insurance company on my behalf.
Well you bought your plan from BCBS. She got hers through the Exchange.
BCBS told her to cancel on the exchange first.
And you haven't cancelled yours have you ? This process is full of misinformation, disinformation and missing code.

What part of "BCBS told her to cancel on the Exchange first" don't you get ?

Old 01-21-2014, 10:20 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Quote:
You cancel the insurance with the insurance company.

Then you let the ACA website know, just in case the insurance company fails to notify them.

It's not rocket science.

This woman's story is simply an exposition in STUPIDITY.
Apparently, you faild to read the story. She tried first to cancel with the insruance company. They told her she needed to do it through the Web site.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:21 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Has someone taken T-310's hand and gently explained to him that the exchanges are venues for private insurers to offer their services?

Old 01-21-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Has someone taken T-310's hand and gently explained to him that the exchanges are venues for private insurers to offer their services?
Try reading the article. The "private" insurer (BCBS) told her to cancel her plan on the Exchange first.
And we all know that there is no code to "cancel" yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies