Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2014, 02:53 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,776,567 times

Advertisements

Oh look, another anti-gay thread by the whiny conservatives who claim people talk about gays too much.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
The thing with gay activism is that its filled with lies. And these lies spread. You saw it with the bill that just failed in Arizona. The media and hollywood and others ran with outright lies. They were not even remotely honest about the bill, instead they ran with calling it the "anti-gay" law.

I even just had some clowns on Reddit mention Chick-Fil-A, and how evil it is and how no one should go there. Their reasoning is they say Chick-Fil-A donates money to groups around the world that promote death for homosexuals. That is an outright lie.

Liberals and people with these agendas will stop at nothing to get what they want. They will just make stuff up out of thin air, they deceive people willingly and have awful, false information spread.
And yet, even Republicans who voted for that stupid bill regretted doing so.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:56 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Where there is a need in a community, there is a market for a business.

Those that feel a specific market is getting no love, I ask, why not take the risk and open a business catering to that market?

Old 03-02-2014, 02:58 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Again, the Jewish bakery cannot be forced to make a cake with a swastika on it if they do not make cakes with swastikas for everyone. I assume that is where you are going here. Besides, nazis are not a protected class. You people have a right to hate. Nobody is forcing you to be open minded or accepting of others that are not like you. You just can't open a public business and refuse to accommodate people based on your religious intolerance. Sorry guy.
Lol look at this.... Unfair accusations. This is why your side loses credibility.

''You people ''? Lol what does that mean? And' 'having a right to hate''? LMAO!

I don't hate gay people at all. I love and respect them like everyone else. I simply disagree with their lifestyle for Religious and obvious Natural reasons. That's my right. That doesn't mean I hate them.

Such dumb arguments. Anyone who disagrees must hate me.... That's notttolerance or open minded, that's being a true bigot.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:58 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Clearly, most of you didnt even read the damn bill. Shocker.
Did you read the bill? Can you explain to me what it in fact would have done? what it in fact would have provided to religious people? what its effect would have been in cities like Phoenix that do include sexual orientation in their anti-discrimination laws?

Old 03-02-2014, 03:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
FYI, places have dress codes all the time.
Will a Christian bakery refuse to serve a woman wearing pants because it's an abomination, or only refuse to serve gays because it's an abomination?
They're both abominations.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:02 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
It is not special to be treated as every other citizen expects to be treated by a business.
Not the point.

Quote:
It is a special right that the baker wants, he wants to use his religion to discriminate.
He was not "using his religion to discriminate." He is claiming his right not to dishonor God by glorifying something that God says should only be between an man and a woman. Period. He has that right, and a duty before God to act according to the teachings of his faith.

Quote:
Maybe he should try and see if he can legally post a sign telling his customers who he will and will not bake a cake for and see how long he stays in business. Maybe bakers and photographers should have the right to refuse to serve or work for black people, Asian and jews too, why should it be allowed to just discriminate against gays? Do you think that black people would have ever got anywhere if they had just gone to establishments that would sell them their products or do business with them? Sorry, discrimination is wrong no matter if it is against a person for their race, age, sex or sexual orientation and no business should have the option of using their religion in that manner.
This is not a case of racial discrimination, and cannot be compared. That is simply a tactic. There is no comparison.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:04 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,341 times
Quote:
Bingo. Instead of passing the bill with a clear announcement at a press conference about what the bill actually was and what was in it, they coward to the outright lies pushed by the media. Governor Brewer should resign. I am so sick of friggin cowards
It just makes no sense to me.... People can read the bill themselves but they simply choose not to. It's pretty short, like only 2 or 3 pages long. I read it and it's easy to understand. I failed to see how it was '' anti gay '' considering that it never even mentioned gays or homosexuals or anything else related to them. Not even once.

SMH.... People would rather be sheep than be free thinkers. Just listen to and follow propaganda from the media instead of taking the time to research on their own and draw their own conclusions.

But such is life.....

Old 03-02-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post

I don't hate gay people at all. I love and respect them like everyone else. I simply disagree with their lifestyle for Religious and obvious Natural reasons. That's my right. That doesn't mean I hate them.
But you hate gays just for their existence. There is no gay lifestyle. You don't like gays, because of what gays are attracted to and the types of relationships they are wired to pursue. And your reasons are not well thought out. Homosexuality is perfectly natural. It's found in nearly every animal species, therefore it's natural. So that's a ridiculous argument to begin with. As for your religious beliefs, you like most conservatives cling to some out of context, English verses that don't mean today what they did thousands of years ago.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:06 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Did you read the bill? Can you explain to me what it in fact would have done? what it in fact would have provided to religious people? what its effect would have been in cities like Phoenix that do include sexual orientation in their anti-discrimination laws?

Yes. It gives them protection and a chance to make the case in court.

http://www.azleg.gov/legtext/51leg/2r/bills/sb1062s.pdf

Quote:
A person whose religious exercise is burdened in violation of this 18
section may assert that violation as a claim or defense in a judicial
proceeding
and obtain appropriate relief against a government
REGARDLESS OF
WHETHER THE GOVERNMENT IS A PARTY TO THE PROCEEDING.
E. A PERSON THAT ASSERTS A VIOLATION OF THIS SECTION MUST ESTABLISH
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
1. THAT THE PERSON'S ACTION OR REFUSAL TO ACT IS MOTIVATED BY A
RELIGIOUS BELIEF.
2. THAT THE PERSON'S RELIGIOUS BELIEF IS SINCERELY HELD.
3. THAT THE STATE ACTION SUBSTANTIALLY BURDENS THE EXERCISE OF THE
PERSON'S RELIGIOUS BELIEFS.
F. THE PERSON ASSERTING A CLAIM OR DEFENSE UNDER SUBSECTION D OF THIS
SECTION MAY OBTAIN INJUNCTIVE AND DECLARATORY RELIEF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies