Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2014, 03:08 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Did you read the bill? Can you explain to me what it in fact would have done? what it in fact would have provided to religious people? what its effect would have been in cities like Phoenix that do include sexual orientation in their anti-discrimination laws?
This has been explained to you thousand of times already. You can even read the bill yourself, it's been linked to already. There is zero mention of gays or homosexuals in it. Zero. Nada. Zip. None.

But you don't want to read it. That's okay. It's only a couple pages long. It's your choice to be ignorant.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:09 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Did you read the bill? Can you explain to me what it in fact would have done? what it in fact would have provided to religious people? what its effect would have been in cities like Phoenix that do include sexual orientation in their anti-discrimination laws?
So you think it's okay to discriminate against Christians by forcing them to do things that violate the teachings of their Faith? I would think that such "anti-discrimination laws" would protect Christians as well. Wouldn't you?

Old 03-02-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
That baker brought on his own problems by announcing his hate. Why cannot christians with biased views just show some tolerance of others that are not like them and try their dangest to stop using their bible when it comes to business practices. The bakery sells and makes cakes, even for divorced couples, he made the choice to be open to the public and to sell cakes for weddings. A jewish cater probably has a list of food they provide and pork is not on the list. No one has the right to use their religion to discriminate against their customers. Again, it is not a religious bakery. Period
Where did he announce his "hate?"

Old 03-02-2014, 03:12 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
It just makes no sense to me.... People can read the bill themselves but they simply choose not to. It's pretty short, like only 2 or 3 pages long. I read it and it's easy to understand. I failed to see how it was '' anti gay '' considering that it never even mentioned gays or homosexuals or anything else related to them. Not even once.

SMH.... People would rather be sheep than be free thinkers. Just listen to and follow propaganda from the media instead of taking the time to research on their own and draw their own conclusions.

But such is life.....
Yep. This gives people a chance to make a case in court. Its that simple. Yet all you heard was "its the anti-gay" bill over and over and over.

But lets be real. Businesses in this country should be allowed to refuse service to any one, for any reason at all or for no reason. THAT is freedom. Let the free market decide if that business stays open or not.

They're a bunch of hypocrites anyways. Especially hollywood. They **** on Christianity all the time, media ignores Christian persecution that occurs in the world all the time. Yet they make sure you dont ever say anything negative about a homosexual. And what about Hollywood. I bet they refuse to hire Conservative or Christian actors all the time, based on their politics or religion. But then they come out and say no, you cant decide who to serve based on your religion. Hypocrites.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
CHURCHES sanctify marriages, bakeries do not sanctify marriages. Bakeries sell cakes. Cakes have nothing to do with the actual marrying of the couple. Cakes are part of the reception AFTER the marriage ceremony is already completed.

If baking cakes is against the bakers religious beliefs, then I would suggest they not open a bakery.
You, as always in the past, refuse to understand the difference between providing a custom service, and an "off the shelf" product.

The baker provided custom cakes. Works of art, if you will. No one has the right to compel anyone to produce such a custom product for anyone, for whatever reason. Period.

I will not argue this point with you again. You willfully refuse to understand the difference and continue to revert to your irrelevant argument.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:15 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Yep. This gives people a chance to make a case in court. Its that simple. Yet all you heard was "its the anti-gay" bill over and over and over.

But lets be real. Businesses in this country should be allowed to refuse service to any one, for any reason at all or for no reason. THAT is freedom. Let the free market decide if that business stays open or not.

They're a bunch of hypocrites anyways. Especially hollywood. They **** on Christianity all the time, media ignores Christian persecution that occurs in the world all the time. Yet they make sure you dont ever say anything negative about a homosexual. And what about Hollywood. I bet they refuse to hire Conservative or Christian actors all the time, based on their politics or religion. But then they come out and say no, you cant decide who to serve based on your religion. Hypocrites.
Please Upgrade Your Browser!
http://www.tribute.ca/movies/son-of-god/97159/

Old 03-02-2014, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The poster I was responding to stated that the baker was "sanctifying" the SSM by baking a cake. Bakers do not sanctify anything to do with the wedding ceremony.

Please look up the meaning of sanctify and tell me if a baker sanctifies weddings.
I don't think you understand the meaning of the term.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:19 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
But you hate gays just for their existence. There is no gay lifestyle. You don't like gays, because of what gays are attracted to and the types of relationships they are wired to pursue. And your reasons are not well thought out. Homosexuality is perfectly natural. It's found in nearly every animal species, therefore it's natural. So that's a ridiculous argument to begin with. As for your religious beliefs, you like most conservatives cling to some out of context, English verses that don't mean today what they did thousands of years ago.
LMAO more false accusations! I hate gay people for existing? LOL what? Such total bull.... I don't want any gay person to ever come to harm. Disagreeing with a LIFESTYLE is not the same thing as hate! There are many gay people that I know and I like them. Stop with the fallacious attacks.....

And yes it is a lifestyle, it's a behavior. Being say black is not a lifestyle, you can't say '' black behavior '' or '' black lifestyle '', that doesn't make any sense. Being black is not a behavior. Being a homosexual is. You have the right to practice that behavior, it's your freedom of choice in this Country. And I have the freedom to disagree with it and not support it. That's my right as well.

And don't try to argue with the Bible on this subject. This is the wrong section, take over to the Religion forum. I can tell you however that nothing is out of context and the Bible is clear on it. However we are called to love all people regardless, wether they're gay or not. And that is what I do. I don't '' preach' ' to them, I simply say live and let live and pray for them. Who they sleep with is none of mine or anyone else's business. I don't care.

Also your nature argument sucks. Just because animals do something doesn't make it natural for humans. Some animals eat their young, does that make it natural for humans too? LMAO! It's not natural for human beings, if it was than homosexuals would be able to reproduce with the same sex and not contract so many diseases.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:19 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is an obfuscation. Typical leftist tactic.

Your free to interpret it that way if you choose. But the Bible calls homosexuality an "abomination" and "detestable" to God. It is a sin against God himself.

Divorce was not condemned in the way homosexuality is, and people did divorce. If you want to make a case of divorce (ridiculous) then you would also have to make the same case for any sin.

But, nice try.
So, indeed, it is true to you that the Christian right views homosexuality as a more severe sin than divorce.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:20 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Thats a movie, made by Christians I believe. I am talking Hollywood in general. Its no secret they are not fond of Conservatives and Christianity. Sure, theyll come out with a Jesus movie to make some money, because money is God, but they dont accept them or Conservatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies