Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2014, 05:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Longview, Texas has decided to cancel Ted Nugent from its annual Fourth of July Festival. Nugent would have received $32,000 for appearing but apparently Longview decided that Nugent calling the President a sub-mongrel among other things was enough. Previously Nugent in a concert said "Piece Of ****" Obama Should "Suck On My Machine Gun." From a 2007 concert where an assault-rifle-wielding Nugent also referred to then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton as "a worthless *****":

I am left to wonder are there any other cities or counties in the south and rural areas willing to cancel Nugent concerts in public arena's at public functions such as fairs. Or will Nugent be a hero in the south? It looks like its a start. There are still some good people who are willing to say a line has been crossed.

This Town Paid Ted Nugent $16,000 To NOT Appear At A Local Event
its called a contract. contracts usually have clauses in them like a cancellation clause which spells out the responsibilities of the party doing the cancellation. if nugent cancelled he might have owed the city in question a large sum of money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
What's with all this South crap. Nugent is from Detroit. And he plays northern venues

Ted Nugent's Epic Hatefilled Rant Against Liberals And President Obama: 'An Avowed Racist' | Crooks and Liars

I don't care for Nugent because he baits deer and then shoots them, but I'm not blaming it on the North.
yep, its called hunting, people have done it for thousands of years, and venison is quite good.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:39 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,024,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post

yep, its called hunting, people have done it for thousands of years, and venison is quite good.
I don't eat it, but I know folks that do. There are rules of the hunt.

"The rock star and gun rights advocate used C’mere Deer, a high-end deer attractant, to harvest two deer in California where baiting for deer is illegal, according to the Appeal-Democrat, a local California newspaper.

Nugent also illegally shot an immature spike buck, but that charge was dropped after negotiations between his lawyer and the Yuba County District Attorney’s office."

Ted Nugent Fined for Illegal Deer Baiting | Outdoor Life

Yea, Nugent big game hunter

Old 03-21-2014, 05:56 PM

2,966 posts, read 3,534,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Longview, Texas has decided to cancel Ted Nugent from its annual Fourth of July Festival. Nugent would have received $32,000 for appearing but apparently Longview decided that Nugent calling the President a sub-mongrel among other things was enough. Previously Nugent in a concert said "Piece Of ****" Obama Should "Suck On My Machine Gun." From a 2007 concert where an assault-rifle-wielding Nugent also referred to then-Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton as "a worthless *****":

I am left to wonder are there any other cities or counties in the south and rural areas willing to cancel Nugent concerts in public arena's at public functions such as fairs. Or will Nugent be a hero in the south? It looks like its a start. There are still some good people who are willing to say a line has been crossed.

This Town Paid Ted Nugent $16,000 To NOT Appear At A Local Event
Too bad for Longview, Ted Nugent's music is awesome and they signed a contract.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:04 PM

1,074 posts, read 758,515 times
That's peanuts. A lot of people are getting a lot more than that from government for doing nothing.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
What's with all this South crap. Nugent is from Detroit. And he plays northern venues

Ted Nugent's Epic Hatefilled Rant Against Liberals And President Obama: 'An Avowed Racist' | Crooks and Liars

I don't care for Nugent because he baits deer and then shoots them, but I'm not blaming it on the North.
Can you provide a link to anything about Nugent "baiting deer and shooting them?"

Old 03-21-2014, 06:08 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:

Deer aren`t the only things he baits.
Romney Supporter Nugent Admitted To Multiple Affairs With Underage Girls In '98 VH1 Documentary | Crooks and Liars

Old 03-21-2014, 06:08 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,399,873 times
Theodore had his chance to hunt "big game" and boweled out. I'm sure he would do the same if the deer were armed.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:09 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Isn't that guy dead yet? Didn't he promise everyone that he'd be dead or in jail?
What gives?

Old 03-21-2014, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
its called a contract. contracts usually have clauses in them like a cancellation clause which spells out the responsibilities of the party doing the cancellation. if nugent cancelled he might have owed the city in question a large sum of money.

A lot of people hunt in my area. I allow my neighbor to hunt on my property (11 acres).

Old 03-21-2014, 06:13 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,286,389 times
Quote:
What? Really?

What a lowlife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies