Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 09:54 AM

5,362 posts, read 5,139,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Phil, let me guess. You don't know any hard-core drug users do you? I mean the kind that will bash you in the head with a tire iron for $8 to get a fix. Nah, I didn't think so.

20yrsinBranson
Most people I knew that took them weren't addicts, they just did them once in a blue moon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Legalized pot in Colorado is no less expensive that when it was illegal. To combat that those selling illegal pot have dropped their prices some but that would still be a crime.

Heroin is already cheap but yet many have to depend on illegal activities to curb their growing appetite.
that's the problem with deregulation and not legalization though. Like my friend who made $1000 a day on selling medicinal weed as legal weed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrysda View Post
The problem with your scenario is that he/she will probably not get a job for the simple reason that when drenching the brain in drugs one diminishes drive and capacity to use logic and responsibility...those areas of the brain are "altered" with drug use, the amount depending on each individual's physical genetic makeup.

We tried for years to hire those problem people who couldn't stay away from drugs hoping we could lead them to a better life. We finally had to give up since they were not worth what we paid them and they were often dangerous to other workers on the job.
But I think these people have more wrong in their life than just a drug habit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2014, 09:59 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,302,222 times
Default You're jumping the gun

Quote:
Legalized pot in Colorado is no less expensive that when it was illegal. To combat that those selling illegal pot have dropped their prices some but that would still be a crime.

Other than medical, cannabis in CO has only been legal for less than 5 months. It is too early to draw any conclusions. Not all of the people that want to sell it legaly have opened shop yet. You can expect that as more outlets open, and supply increases, that prices will go down. It is a basic economic principle that the more of something that is available, the less it will cost.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
that's the problem with deregulation and not legalization though. Like my friend who made $1000 a day on selling medicinal weed as legal weed.
It's legal to buy pot in Colorado.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaconowner View Post
Other than medical, cannabis in CO has only been legal for less than 5 months. It is too early to draw any conclusions. Not all of the people that want to sell it legaly have opened shop yet.
They can't.

Quote:
You can expect that as more outlets open, and supply increases, that prices will go down. It is a basic economic principle that the more of something that is available, the less it will cost.
The government is going to limit the number of legal sellers.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:08 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,302,222 times
Default Dr or mind reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorel36 View Post
These people lining in front of Colorado pot stores don't have cancer.
How do you know they don't? I have cancer, but as long as I wear a hat, you'd never know just to look at me.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:09 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
That's my understanding too however I would assume you can now legally grow you own. I'd give it a few years and see where the prices go, it has to come down some as more companies become involved. Certainly if the government is going to tax it at some ridiculous amount and there is no lowering of the costs then the crime would continue for the harder drugs like heroin.
Why would you assume that? That isn't the case in WA where pot was legalized. Government still keeps a tight reign on who can get a license to grow it, process it and sell it (all separate licenses), and issues very few of them so there isn't competition like you'd see with corner coffee stands.

Legalizing it only gives government more control to dictate what they want.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:11 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times
and has shone to cause testicular cancer in young men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
You need to try marijuana.

That is really all you need.

Much more healthier than nicotine, caffeine, alcohol or any rx prescribed drug.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:19 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I'd disagree about it not stopping crime. As other states move towards legalization prices will come down and they'll push out the illegal dealers. Everybody I know who's been to CO or lives there goes to the stores. Why even risk the illegal element

I don't know what your last sentence had to do with the argument. People don't rob people for pot.

"You ever ________ for pot?!"

I don't know any pot heads like that.
In Seattle they do.
Woman robbed by 3 teens after leaving Seattle pot dispensary | The Today File | Seattle Times

Old 05-09-2014, 11:27 AM

262 posts, read 155,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil P View Post
Most people I knew that took them weren't addicts, they just did them once in a blue moon.

But I think these people have more wrong in their life than just a drug habit.
Granted their problems are probably related in many cases. However, the message that drugs are not the answer to other problems and will inhibit health and negatively impact areas of the brain has to be shouted out to all so it is recognized by all people so that everyone understands the mess that drugs are and people who have problems whether initial addition or taking drugs because of their problem(s).

Then if people want to take a huge chance of messing up their health and mind, they will do it, but at least most people will not if they know the facts and how badly drugs can impact them.

Old 05-09-2014, 11:28 AM

262 posts, read 155,190 times
Quote:
It's legal to buy pot in Colorado.
But it is still against Federal law. Another mess!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies