Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 10:22 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Absolutly right. Which is why it's not possible to have a reasoned conversation with most gun nuts. They simply don't see a problem with there being a mass shooting on average once every two weeks. It's all good to them. They are only interested in making sure we are not allowed to discuss possible ways of ending the massacre. And if you lose someone to gun violence, you are a whiner and need to shut the **** up about it.
Every two weeks? That means there have been ten this year. List them.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:23 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yep...before he ever went on the shooting spree.

New details about California killer, victims | News - Home
Thanks. I had been traveling and didn't have all the details. How many do you think he could have killed in the store with a machete and hammer?

Old 05-28-2014, 10:23 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ill tell ya what, when the left starts worrying about things that kills far more people guns...(thats the fake outrage) then we can talk....there are things that kill more on a yearly basis than all guns combined...

Facts be damned....
A mass shooting on average of once every two weeks is not a problem in your view? I don't see that as fake outrage, I see it as pretty well justified outrage.

There is no other civilized country in the world with that kind of abysmal statistic. But you see no problem with all those innocent, dead Americans, and would be perfectly fine to let the killing keep right on at that pace. No need to even talk about it.

Amazing.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:27 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Absolutly right. Which is why it's not possible to have a reasoned conversation with most gun nuts. They simply don't see a problem with there being a mass shooting on average once every two weeks. It's all good to them. They are only interested in making sure we are not allowed to discuss possible ways of ending the massacre. And if you lose someone to gun violence, you are a whiner and need to shut the **** up about it.
So, you say you cannot have a conversation with "gun nuts." Did you ever think that is the reason, because people such as you cannot have a honest conversation, because you cannot go without calling anyone names.

So, lets talk, what moer could have been done to prevent what happened?

More laws? Cali, has some of the strictist laws in the country, how'd that work for ya?

Go ahead, tell us....here is your chance, bring facts, not what you read in an article...bring facts backed by a reputable link...

Old 05-28-2014, 10:27 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,537,124 times
Quote:
A mass shooting on average of once every two weeks is not a problem in your view? I don't see that as fake outrage, I see it as pretty well justified outrage.

There is no other civilized country in the world with that kind of abysmal statistic. But you see no problem with all those innocent, dead Americans, and would be perfectly fine to let the killing keep right on at that pace. No need to even talk about it.

Amazing.
We're not even in the top 12.

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yes all deaths are tragic.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:28 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Thanks. I had been traveling and didn't have all the details. How many do you think he could have killed in the store with a machete and hammer?
He could have killed a ton with a van and some fertilizer. Or perhaps a pressure cooker and the internet.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
He killed 3, is that not enough?

However;

They are dead, it appears how they are killed does not matter to you...FAKE outrage, yes that is what I'm callng you on...

Old 05-28-2014, 10:30 AM

Quote:

Amazing.

No, I do have a problem with it. However, you will not beleive that a lot of these shooting are gang related. Please inform us of how all these shootings can be stopped, when a criminal is doing most of the shooting anyway.

What's amazing is you and the left cannot justify anything, except...look look a shooting...get rid of all the guns...

Old 05-28-2014, 10:35 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Wrong: kinetic energy has nothing to do with gravity but mass and speed of an object, gravitational pull in fact slows down a bullet which would otherwise keep moving indefinitely ... No high school?
Yes...my bad. Otherwise why would sattelites be so damaged by meteoroids. Lol. Still, a gun won't fire in vaccum. So we may never know:-)

Old 05-28-2014, 10:36 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
We're not even in the top 12.

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And yes all deaths are tragic.
Really? Look at the countries that beat us.

Guatemala, Nicaragua, Swaziland, South Africa, Uruguay, Venezuela, Panama, Mexico, Jamaica, El Salvador, Colombia, Brazil, then US!

We are in the company of some real good countries!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies