Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2014, 09:04 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Yet another strawman. Only the Right wing thinks this stuff up. There are economist who believe that overall the downside and upside will balance and the legalization will provide gains that offset its cost.
How so? Flooding the country with millions of undereducated aliens who have little to no employable skills will only add millions more people needing to draw on limited social program resources. What's the plan to offset the additional government expense? Rationing? What?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Why all those dummies (according to them) who live in flyover country will end up surviving. Let em all kill each other in the wonderful big cities. Herd does need to be culled from these stupid folks.........let em kill each other.
That's one of the reasons I left the Chicago area when I retired last year.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:29 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
How so? Flooding the country with millions of undereducated aliens who have little to no employable skills will only add millions more people needing to draw on limited social program resources. What's the plan to offset the additional government expense? Rationing? What?
These people are not the movers and shakers to the economies in the countries they are leaving, and yet the liberal Utopian mindset envisions that they will be economic dynamos once they sneak across the US border. Sorry, maybe a few of them will be business owners, doctors etc... in a couple generations, but as of now, they are just wards of the state.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Every Nation has a responsibility to Humanity commensurate with their ability to help.
Karl Marx, is that you?

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his need"

That was tried in Russia. The result was that tens of millions were murdered by their own government.
https://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/NOTE4.HTM

Author's CV:
R.J. Rummel Curriculum Vita

Old 07-30-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Silly comment on your part, or shouold I say Ignorant comment since your comment was based on your own assumptions and lack of real knowledge. I pay more than my fair share in taxes much of which goes to helping pay for the social programs needed and I give my time and money to charities and have helped out more than one person/family out of my own pocket simply because it was the right thing to do. You were saying?
What's your fair share? What's your effective tax rate? Let's apply that to everyone. Then everyone will be paying their fair share.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:22 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Starving children is Humanity's problem. Even if some people want to build a fence around their mountain top compound, they are still a part of Humanity.

So, Bob-

I am sure that you have already sent your $20K check into the feds "for the children".

Tell me................... what benefits would you like to cut for American citizens to pay "for the children" in the absence of liberals actually paying for the care of these people themselves?

Ask a liberal to sacrifice a dime of their own money and you will see how shallow thier convictions really are.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:32 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Talking False assertion: "Why are starving Mexican kids America's responsibility?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Starving AMERICAN children is Americas responsibility. Anything else is your nut job philosophy.
The rabid right...

Like Pavlov dogs.

Stimulus: False assertion

Response: snarling, snapping, barking, "uberpatriots"

Gets 'em every time.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:54 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
A lot of the neo-cons posting in this thread don't get the difference between an immigrant and a refugee. They'd rather send them back to get raped and murdered in some gang war, though. They'd probably enjoy seeing that happen to all these kids.
Odd as liberals always tell us it is others problems. Now it becomes OUR problem and all is well. Just pure insanity.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:57 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
So, Bob-

I am sure that you have already sent your $20K check into the feds "for the children".

Tell me................... what benefits would you like to cut for American citizens to pay "for the children" in the absence of liberals actually paying for the care of these people themselves?

Ask a liberal to sacrifice a dime of their own money and you will see how shallow thier convictions really are.
Funny all those "children" knew where to buy USA t-shirts Why are they allowing these "children" to have tattoos in their countries at such a young age. Some may be "children" many are NOT! Lies of Obama!

Sounds like the Dems don't even care for their own people they need others to VOTE for them. Looks like the Dems are selling out the very people who voted them in.

Old 07-30-2014, 02:57 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Works for me, but just so ya know we have to feed and bus them there otherwise they simply melt into our populace, food and buses cost money.
Let em walk........they made it this far they can walk a bit farther.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies