Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 08:39 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I can honestly say...that it doesn't matter to me if Holder is white or black. I would dislike and disrespect him equally either way.

He is a mid level guvmint bureaucrat at best if not hand picked by Obama because of his race.
so, it matters?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 08:42 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
He made the comment to relay to his audience that, despite of his high level position, he understands how they are feeling at the moment because at some point in his lifetime, he felt the same way... It's not that big of a deal within context...
The "context" is the real problem. This MSNBC article is similar to many - it stresses that the Ferguson police department has only 3 black officers out of 53 total. Holder is there to "investigate" Civil Rights violations because of only 3 black officers, because there is a white Mayor and white city council.

The premise appears to be that somehow, the black citizens of Ferguson are not allowed to vote - Holder will be investigating that. The Civil Rights Laws are the Federal Laws that Holder is speaking off, but I'm betting most people think Holder and the DOJ is in charge of the investigation into the shooting. It's true that St Louis County has FBI aiding them in the investigation, but Holder is all about "racism" not a murder investigation. He did the same thing with the Zimmerman/Martin case - promised an "investigation" and then never came through because these were not Civil Rights Law violations - these are shootings, not profiling of some sort. Evidence will prove innocence or guilt and a Jury will decide.

The Chief of Police in Ferguson (with only 3 black officers) immediately turned the entire investigation over to the St Louis County Police - they have 875 officers and 250 civilians on staff. Nobody is talking about their demographics. Chief is at least smart enough to have understood from the beginning that his small (mostly white) police force was not well suited to investigate the shooting - he also knew the black population would not trust an investigation by the Ferguson Police.

And yet ........ the perception is that the investigation won't be "fair" because of only 3 people on the Ferguson Police force (which has nothing to do with the investigation) are black.

Holder did nothing to convince people that the "investigation" would be both fair and transparent - his goal appears to be empathy & support for their racial grievance. And why not ... he has the same grievance.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:46 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
I showed you 6 white people from the last 5 years...

you had to go back 20 years for 1 and used 2 people from the same crime.

Kudo's though.. I asked for 4 and you showed 4.

For better or worse, there are less high profile multiple shootings by black men within the same period from which to cull information. In fact, I would expect a 1:8 or so ratio of the amount of black mass shootings to white mass shootings, based on the law of proportionality (something that is also often lost on today's youth, and "social media" commentators).

If you think you have a REAL point to make, why don't you show instances of where, say, the police department in Aurora, CO, kept the movie theater shooter alive, but shot an unarmed black man or a black mass shooter to death within the same general time period.

THAT is how you make a valid analogy regarding disparate treatment. Or at least it's how you make a valid analogy when you actually want to impress people who aren't living in the "ohmygodweareoutraged#justiceforbrown" twitter mental masturbatorium.

BTW... is it your or anyone else's position that there is some "national" police force that needs to be "reformed"?.... and that there are unified actions and policies among the various departments and sheriff's offices across the country? Hint: There is no "US Justice system" except at the federal level.

Old 08-22-2014, 08:56 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
so, it matters?
Well, he and Obama both are average at best thinkers and overall pretty unimpressive people in jobs way over their heads and they were both picked only because of their race so yes, it matters. It matter for all of us.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:24 AM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
I showed you 6 white people from the last 5 years...

you had to go back 20 years for 1 and used 2 people from the same crime.

Kudo's though.. I asked for 4 and you showed 4.
Adding to his 4:

Carl Eugene Watts AKA "The Sunday Morning Slasher"/Serial Killer - killed 22 - 100+

Chester Dwayne Turner/Serial Killer - killed 13

DeVernon LeGRAND AKA "The Reverend"/Serial Killer - killed 12+

Alton Coleman/Serial Killer - killed 8

Marcus Delon Wesson/Mass Murderer - killed 9

Shelly Andre Brooks/Serial Killer - killed 7

Roderick Shonte Dantzler/Mass Murderer - killed 7

Juwan Knumar Deering/Mass Murderer - killed 5

Reco Jones/Mass Murderer - killed 5

Stanley Williams AKA "Tookie" - killed 4

Roger Thompson/Mass Murderer - killed 5

Matthew Emmanuel Macer AKA "Chilly"/Serial Killer - killed 6

Delmus Charles Colvin/Serial Killer - killed 7+

Paul Durosseau/Serial Killer - killed 7

Askasi Abdullah Muhammed AKA Thomas Knight - killed 4

Yaweh Ben Yaweh - killed 14

James Bonner - killed 6, injured 8

James Edward Pough - killed 9, wounded 4 committed suicide

Lemuel Warren Smith/Serial Killer - killed 6

Anthony Bell/Spree Killer - killed 5

Kendall Francois "The Poughkeepsie Killer"/Serial Killer - killed 8

Colin Ferguson/Racist Shooting - 25/Mass Murderer - killed 6

Vincent Brothers - killed 5

Kevin Cooper - killed 4

John Floyd Thomas Jr. - killed 7

Ervin Antonio Lupoe - killed 6 suicide

There are tons more.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:25 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times
Quote:
lol... 60 whole years.

Less than a generation.
It would appear that you don't quite grasp the concept of "generation".

Let me google that for you

Old 08-22-2014, 09:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
Sorry Bro, but I have never beaten a black man, I have never lynched a black man mercilessly, and I have never enslaved a black man.
All of this happened decades ago.
This is like hearing a Mexican saying "we were here first 300 years ago, we want our land back".

You have black doctors, black lawyers, black engineers, black congressmen, black billionaires.
Oh ya, you also have a black AG and a Black President.
Get rid of your hate for white people.
Eric Holder is the Attorney General of the United States. Doesn't matter what color he is. But by saying "“But I am also a black man" he is also keeping the hate some black people towards white people alive.

This bears repeating.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Quit crying.

Stop blaming folks born after the fact and had nothing to do with slavery, segregation, or Jim Crow laws.

Old 08-22-2014, 09:52 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,041,647 times
Is Holder suggesting that his race has some influence on how he does his job as attorney general?

Old 08-22-2014, 09:58 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, he and Obama both are average at best thinkers and overall pretty unimpressive people in jobs way over their heads and they were both picked only because of their race so yes, it matters. It matter for all of us.
I like your honesty...

I think it matters as well.

I think a lot of Blacks are killed by white cops because they are Black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies