Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 08:45 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Maybe you all should have thought of that when you were beating and lynching blacks mercilessly, and enslaving them for so long, and now you're surprised that a black AG is sensitive to issues regarding race?
Eric Holder is a very successful man, and should focus on that instead of bringing the dialogue down to the level of race. Clearly, his color wasn't a hindrance for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2014, 08:46 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Calm down guys; this too shall pass. Tension is high due to recent events and it will not ease if both sides spout invective.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:48 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,832,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
“I am the attorney general of the United States,” Holder told a group of local college students. “But I am also a black man.”

Attorney General Eric Holder to students: 'I am also a black man' | MSNBC

Well, at least we know he's impartial.

So, when is the attorney General of the United States of America planing to visit Officer Wilson?
Will Holder reassure Officer Wilson that justice will be upheld for all?
Snowballs chance in you know where.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:49 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
This post is absolutely disgusting. You are asserting that its time for whitey to be discriminated against because of some perceived racism you think this officer engaged in.

Rotten liberal ideology in action right here folks. The scum and the scourge of this nation.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:52 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Calm down guys; this too shall pass. Tension is high due to recent events and it will not ease if both sides spout invective.
Really cause from where I sit, Holder had already made his mind up. The only time people don't seem to rush to judgement, is when there credibility is in question.

And they are the ones in the hot seat.

Cannot be objective, if people make a rash rush to judgement. I prefer to hear all of the facts on the table, and right now to be frank, witness accounts of the night in question, are all different.

Lets hear all of the evidence and facts, good and bad, negative and positive for each, before coming to our own conclusion.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:09 PM

183 posts, read 192,969 times
Quote:
Maybe you all should have thought of that when you were beating and lynching blacks mercilessly, and enslaving them for so long, and now you're surprised that a black AG is sensitive to issues regarding race?
Sorry Bro, but I have never beaten a black man, I have never lynched a black man mercilessly, and I have never enslaved a black man.
All of this happened decades ago.
This is like hearing a Mexican saying "we were here first 300 years ago, we want our land back".

You have black doctors, black lawyers, black engineers, black congressmen, black billionaires.
Oh ya, you also have a black AG and a Black President.
Get rid of your hate for white people.
Eric Holder is the Attorney General of the United States. Doesn't matter what color he is. But by saying "“But I am also a black man" he is also keeping the hate some black people towards white people alive.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:15 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,465,596 times
Quote:
Another Anglo poster bent out of shape that his "kind" isn't getting the preferential treatment they once got for most of this nation's history
He isn't the one who separated Attorney General and black man with a "but". Holder is. There should be no "but" there. The law is that people of all races get equal treatment under the law. That means Holder's race should be irrelevant. So you're just another liberal poster putting your ideology above ethics.

Old 08-21-2014, 09:18 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
Has he looked at lady justice lately, she's blind. As the head of the DOJ, he should know justice is blind. "Just balances and just weights are the Lord's delight." It's unfortunate things like race are playing into whether or not someone's guilty of a crime and weighing one side of the scale down unfairly.
In a very odd way - you have to admire a person who is willing to stand before the world and make such a claim. Holder makes it clear - "I am a black man", that supersedes the Law, and my Duty under the Law. It is very similar to the Statement by the Governor of Missouri, who called for a "vigorous prosecution" to bring "justice to Michael Brown" before ANY evidence had even been produced. He put his hand firmly on the scales of Justice when he pre-judged the case.

Astounding times we live in. These people are filled with Arrogance, that they should so blatantly ignore our Justice System and our Laws.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:07 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Well...he is black.

So he's Captain Obvious. Big deal.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:49 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,262,186 times
Quote:
Who should have thought of what?

Who sold their own in to slavery...to make $$$...back in Africa?

They were good with selling their own.

You and the AG (don't think he's got slavery issues, you do) and everyone else who is (might be) so ass hurt over slavery in the USA needs to GET OVER IT.

That was the way it was back in the day. No one likes it, it just IS what is WAS. Doesn't exist any longer.

Yet it's still good and a money maker in the homeland of Africa.

Quote:
When you talk about slavery in Africa today, it’s not like talking about slavery in Europe or America today. It’s still real, old-fashioned slavery. African life still revolves around slavery. Possibly, it never stopped, it just went underground.....Modern slavery in Benin involves mainly women and children who are trafficked internally or from abroad for the purpose of sexual exploitation, domestic work or forced labour. Children are trafficked into Benin from Niger, Togo, Burkina Faso and Nigeria, and some women from other parts of Africa, are trafficked through Benin, mostly en route to Europe. (The Sunday Telegraph)
Slavery in Africa today: Benin – I-Witness News

Go fight that good fight...in Africa.

Do something about it where it still happens, and "leaders" still sell their own....stop whining about what doesn't exist in the USA any longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies