Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 05:02 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,697 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
“I am the attorney general of the United States,” Holder told local college students. “But I am also a black man."

EH comes out of the closet and auditions for the character, "captain obvious'.
He made the comment to relay to his audience that, despite of his high level position, he understands how they are feeling at the moment because at some point in his lifetime, he felt the same way... It's not that big of a deal within context...

Last edited by DoniDanko; 08-22-2014 at 05:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2014, 06:37 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,305,558 times
Default “I am the attorney general of the United States.” “But I am also a black man.''

No one has answered either of my questions. If we are a nation of laws, and we are presumed innocent (not guilty), shouldn't Holder have talked to Officer Wilson? After all, the officer is a member of our law enforcement community, of which I believe Holder is the highest ranking official. Is Holder the nation's attorney general who is also a black man, or a black man who is also the attorney General?

(1) So, when is the attorney General of the United States of America planing to visit Officer Wilson?
(2) Will Holder reassure Officer Wilson that justice will be upheld for all (officer Wilson too)?[/quote]

Old 08-22-2014, 06:41 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Another Anglo poster bent out of shape that his "kind" isn't getting the preferential treatment they once got for most of this nation's history
We don't live in the past, but it's nice to see you don't really want justice, just revenge against people who have nothing to do with what happened in the past.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:42 AM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Maybe you all should have thought of that when you were beating and lynching blacks mercilessly, and enslaving them for so long, and now you're surprised that a black AG is sensitive to issues regarding race?
Again, who was beating and lynching blacks mercilessly? Not me.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:46 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,690,196 times
Guess that's why he dropped the slam dunk case against the Black Panthers.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:47 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
Sorry Bro, but I have never beaten a black man, I have never lynched a black man mercilessly, and I have never enslaved a black man.
All of this happened decades ago.
This is like hearing a Mexican saying "we were here first 300 years ago, we want our land back".

You have black doctors, black lawyers, black engineers, black congressmen, black billionaires.
Oh ya, you also have a black AG and a Black President.

Get rid of your hate for white people.
Eric Holder is the Attorney General of the United States. Doesn't matter what color he is. But by saying "“But I am also a black man" he is also keeping the hate some black people towards white people alive.
so you can say Holder is Black but he can't? LOL...

Old 08-22-2014, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Well...he is black.

So he's Captain Obvious. Big deal.
b,b,but.. when he says it, it hurts my feelings and shows his arrogance.

Old 08-22-2014, 06:54 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner
**** Cute Shared Social Media Graphic Made by Someone With Zero Critical Thinking Skills ****

I've seen things like this.... I don't understand. Is this supposed to be poignant? What point are you trying to make?

Cherry pick anything... we could probably make the same damn graphic and flip it, finding instances of black mass and high profile murderers who were taken in and then juxtapose white folks who were killed by police.

The United States does not have a unified police force, and unified departments. What happens in South Florida is likely hugely different than in Seattle, or Bangor, or Hawaii.

THAT is what frustrates me. And I don't know why it frustrates me when black folks and other minorities post such stupid stuff with zero critical thinking skills.

Almost like I expect more from them or something. To be smarter than the ignorance they fight against? But I am constantly disappointed.

When out of touch white folks make dumb statements, I chalk it up to them being out of touch white folks and just shrug my shoulders as "par for the course" due to racism/privilege, or whatever.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:02 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Guess that's why he dropped the slam dunk case against the Black Panthers.
But let the White Panthers get feisty and he'll declare them terrorists and require registration for walkers.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
I've seen things like this.... I don't understand. Is this supposed to be poignant? What point are you trying to make?

Cherry pick anything... we could probably make the same damn graphic and flip it, finding instances of black mass and high profile murderers who were taken in and then juxtapose white folks who were killed by police.

The United States does not have a unified police force, and unified departments. What happens in South Florida is likely hugely different than in Seattle, or Bangor, or Hawaii.

THAT is what frustrates me. And I don't know why it frustrates me when black folks and other minorities post such stupid stuff with zero critical thinking skills.

Almost like I expect more from them or something. To be smarter than the ignorance they fight against? But I am constantly disappointed.

When out of touch white folks make dumb statements, I chalk it up to them being out of touch white folks and just shrug my shoulders as "par for the course" due to racism/privilege, or whatever.
Please show me 4 black mass murderers who lived to tell about it.

The police use excessive force against Blacks at a much higher rate than they do for white criminals.

If you can dispute this please show the evidence.

If not, get off the soap box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies