Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2014, 10:58 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
And I wonder how many parents like me had to pack the calories into their kids to keep them from getting too skinny. As a senior in high school he was 6'2" and all of 145 pounds. Not all kids fit into a nice little "fat" mold either. I don't personally care whether it was Michelle, some senator in a state we don't live or who... let the LOCAL authorities and the PARENTS decide what their children should eat!!!
What is you cure for parents that don't care or are ignorant of what is right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2014, 11:06 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
No, but if for some reason they have to eat at school they do have their meals selected for them.

Suppose you went to a restaurant and had a menu forced on you with selections that you did not want but had to have because you have no choice?

I support the students for refusing to comply with the edicts from Madame Dictator.
A cafeteria is not a restaurant. They have always had a limited selection of items, if you don't want any of those items then you pack your lunch. Same way if I don't like what the office cafeteria has on their menu , I pack a lunch.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:07 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
Quote:
Well forgive me.... we should all bow down to your morally superior, delusions of grandeur....
Sure, because you've never become frustrated with posters on a board who are being obtuse. This has been pointed out over and over and over again, but the focus of any discussion about the school lunch program devolves into an orgy of insults about the size of the First Lady's thighs. No attention whatsoever is paid to the legislation that set the Federal School Lunch Program standards, legislation that could be rescinded if detractors would pull their collective head out of their collective butt and start doing something constructive. The stupidity of this thread is awe-inspiring.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:09 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,214,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
No, she is working to eliminate choice in what students eat. Early training to convince these kids to do only what the government allows them to do, eliminate the element of choice. Just like her husband.
The choice has ALWAYS been limited in school cafeterias. When I was in school we had at most 2 options of entrees, and maybe 3 or 4 sides. Was the school limiting my choice? No, they were offering me this or that option or I could bring my lunch from home.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:09 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,144,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What is you cure for parents that don't care or are ignorant of what is right?
Well you can't "cure" parent's who don't care. You also can't cure ignorance, but apparently according to this thread you can YELL at it... Ignorance though can be overcome. This ignorant "intellectual giant" raised a kid to be quite proud of.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:20 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Spoiled, ungrateful children. Eat what is provided for you, particularly when it is to improve your health, or bring your own lunch. The effort to make lunches more healthy for children is awesome.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:24 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
studets? LOL.

The typo is hilarious.

that being said, this is a controversy?
In the Republican mind, it is. That is the scary part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Michelle Obama is the President's wife and holds no official government job. She has no legal authority to mandate guidelines for school lunches. She has recommended that schools offer so called healthy lunches. People need to direct their misplaced anger elsewhere.
It's so much easier to criticize the President's wife. It is why the Republican party is now an international laughingstock. See below for further evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
who decided moochie oboomba is going to dictate school lunch laws? Who made it boss?

OK maybe some government entity listened to him and decided to go along with it. but the problem is, if they don't, they get funds cut off.

so where did he - Michael Obama disguised as the first "lady" get the power to change policy?
Nowhere. Ok? Nowhere. Michelle Obama is NOT in charge of your kids' school lunch.

Why is it you cannot figure this out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Isn't it funny that students have been complaining about cafeteria food ever since cafeterias have been serving food?
School lunches have been crappy since the dawn of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post

New York schools drop Michelle O’s lunch program

Damn, that's one ugly woman both inside and outside.
Again, this is why the Republican party is an international joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 was introduced by Arkansas Democrat Blanche Lincoln, Chair of the Senate Agriculture Committee. It was unanimously passed by the Senate, which does not have any members named Michelle Obama. Have you registered your disapproval of the legislation with your senators? Yeah, I thought not.

BTW, I see from your profile that you are from Tampa, Florida. Here are the legislators with whom you should take this up...

U. S. Senator George LeMieux: yea
U. S. Senator Clarence Nelson: yea
U. S. Representative Kathy Castor: yea
Don't you dare introduce any reality into a free-for-all rant thread about Michelle Obama.

Old 09-03-2014, 11:47 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Well you can't "cure" parent's who don't care. You also can't cure ignorance, but apparently according to this thread you can YELL at it... Ignorance though can be overcome. This ignorant "intellectual giant" raised a kid to be quite proud of.

Ignorance though can be overcome.

Exactly. The ignorance is overcome by teaching the kids to eat a proper diet.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:02 PM

542 posts, read 692,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Students Are Fed Up With Michelle Obama's Control Freak Ways And Now They're Hitting Back Full Force

It seems that students are fed up too with the government and/or First ladies input and demands on changes for food in schools.

I agree with the students to leave it up to the free market. If the students don't like it they will not eat it. Parents should teach their kids to eat healthy and not by not having choices.

Michele can choose how she wants her kids to eat and I'm all for more healthier food but kids are kids and if you take it away they will handle it differently and by not eating the food they don't like will make them hungry and not paying attention in class so the level will only be affected.

Michele should promote healthier food if that is what she wants to promote but by taking it out of the school systems is over stepping her binderies and kids don't take it any longer.

So I read that article and saw that there was a #BringBackOurSnacks hashtag. So I just looked up that hashtag on twitter, and as I was typing it, twitter suggested #BringBackOurGirls: you know, the hundreds of girls kidnapped by religious extremist terrorists and might never be seen by their families again as they are married off to terrorists. American kids upset that there's no cookies for lunch? Well, it's a classic case of #FirstWorldProblems.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:03 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times
I'm definitely having second thoughts, Ringo. This thread is an outstanding example of what concerns me in politics today. It's so much easier to insult the First Lady than to DO something. I'll be honest here; I'm not the least bit opposed to the Healthy Hunger-Free Kids Act. Whether it stays or goes is just not that important to me. That said, I'm appalled at the willful ignorance that abounds in the electorate, ignorance that is on full and glorious display here in this thread and at City-Data every single day.

Smart, powerful people work in DC, and because the masses are distracting themselves with this kind of inanity, those smart, powerful people are free to do very bad things. But never you mind, folks. Nothing to see here. You go on fussing and fuming about the President's golf schedule, what the Obama kids have for lunch at their private school, and where the First Family vacations this year, because that matters. Sigh. How about using those mad Google skills to identify your local legislators and what they'll be voting on this week? Nah, that would be too hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies