Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2014, 08:01 AM

1,013 posts, read 910,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
"While I have never denied my sexuality, I haven't publicly acknowledged it either, until now," writes Cook. "So let me be clear: I'm proud to be gay, and I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me."
Cook says he's been open with others about being gay, but felt compelled to publicly come out to help others. "I don't consider myself an activist, but I realize how much I've benefited from the sacrifice of others," writes Cook. "So if hearing that the CEO of Apple is gay can help someone struggling to come to terms with who he or she is, or bring comfort to anyone who feels alone, or inspire people to insist on their equality, then it's worth the trade-off with my own privacy."

Apple CEO Tim Cook: 'I'm proud to be gay'

The tide of public opinion and laws in this country has already turned in favor of gay marriage. Maybe Cook's coming-out can help turn the tide more decisively against workplace discrimination, too. As Cook noted, it's bad for business.

Your thoughts?
I still don't understand
gays and lesbians

why don't
gay guys date manly women then
and
lesbian girls date womanly men

or how about this
if they still complain

What would happen if
say transgender guys turn into women
and date lesbians
or
transgender women turn into men
and date gays

would that satisfy them?

almost of them cannot have babies unless injected into the women side
so it is a moot point

so would gays be offended by transgender?
it is of no consequence to them so why not date a transgender it is all the same then.
they cant possibly be prejudice can they?
are they trans-phobe now?

the purpose of sex in it's purest form is to conceive children with your own genes.
lust is the enjoyment of sex that's all.

you do not need love to have sex.
but many would want to have at least lust to have sex.

and you do need love to stay together happily.

why can gays not be happy with a manly woman anyway?
especially in old age when they have MUCH LESS sex is it the traits/attitudes/style or is it the gender for them?

or
lesbians why can you not be happy with a womanly man anyway?
what does a women have that a man does not?
especially when you have menopause why can you not date a womanly man if you still want to date?
same question as above? why?

and thus begs the question
why are gays and lesbians
prejudice against Bi-Sexuals

if anything that makes the most sense if you support gays/lesbians.

because it means bi-sexuals don't care
and they only care about the person him/herself regardless of gender.

as a result I respect bi-sexuals more than gays/lesbians
while I do not think I can ever stomach a man with man
as I have personal preference for women.

I'll leave gays and lesbians to their own devices.

Last edited by gen811; 10-31-2014 at 08:09 AM..

Old 10-31-2014, 08:01 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aadad View Post
no one cares. Same as it ought'a be for the arrow at apple imho.
exactly!

Old 10-31-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The Bible is supernatural and God uses it to speak to us in various ways. You know, there are some of us who still believe in the Bible so there is nothing factual about your statement.
And the factual proof of that statement would be?

Old 10-31-2014, 08:15 AM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I don't see what the point is. Why do LGBT people keep insisting on shoving their sexuality in our faces? If anything this "in your face" mentality is going to lead to blowback against the LGBT community. It's annoying people who would otherwise have no objection to LGBT people. I don't feel the need to tell everyone that I am straight. I don't post about it on Facebook, Twittter, or post announcements at work.

I don't care about one's sexuality, I care about people as people. But let me tell you ... the "we're here, we're *****" routine of shoving their sexuality people's faces is getting really stale.

This is pretty much my opinion too. I'm straight, but I don't know that I've ever actually told anyone that, and I've never marched in a parade to declare my sexuality either. It's just who I am as in individual.

People are people, straight, gay or bisexual or whatever. Not sure why any part of that is especially noteworthy. You just love who you love and live your life without any additional fanfare regarding your sexuality.

I know a number of gay people, most of who just live their life as most all others do. I also know a few "parade marchers" and I've just never understood their need to advertise their private business.....but to each their own I guess.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:22 AM

993 posts, read 1,768,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen811 View Post
I still don't understand
gays and lesbians

why don't
gay guys date manly women then
and
lesbian girls date womanly men

or how about this
if they still complain

What would happen if
say transgender guys turn into women
and date lesbians
or
transgender women turn into men
and date gays

would that satisfy them?

so would gays be offended by transgender?
it is of no consequence to them so why not date a transgender it is all the same then.
they cant possibly be prejudice can they?
are they trans-phobe now?

why can gays not be happy with a manly woman anyway?
especially in old age when they have MUCH LESS sex is it the traits/attitudes/style or is it the gender for them?

or
lesbians why can you not be happy with a womanly man anyway?
what does a women have that a man does not?
especially when you have menopause why can you not date a womanly man if you still want to date?
same question as above? why?

and thus begs the question
why are gays and lesbians
prejudice against Bi-Sexuals

if anything that makes the most sense if you support gays/lesbians.

because it means bi-sexuals don't care
and they only care about the person him/herself regardless of gender.

as a result I respect bi-sexuals more than gays/lesbians
while I do not think I can ever stomach a man with man
as I have personal preference for women.

I'll leave gays and lesbians to their own devices.
Ummmm.... I don't date manly woman, because I am attracted TO MEN That whole point is stupid. It's like me asking you why you don't just date a feminine man (assuming you're male).

Onto the trans suggestion: I'm not transphobic, but I'm usually not attracted to trans people. I fully support their right to live their life without discrimination, but that doesn't mean I can make myself feel sexually attracted to them.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post
This is pretty much my opinion too. I'm straight, but I don't know that I've ever actually told anyone that, and I've never marched in a parade to declare my sexuality either. It's just who I am as in individual.

People are people, straight, gay or bisexual or whatever. Not sure why any part of that is especially noteworthy. You just love who you love and live your life without any additional fanfare regarding your sexuality.
Would you say the same if who you are was declared 'deviant' by others? If despite loving who loved you weren't allowed to visit them in hospital if they were ill? If you weren't allowed the same shared rights with whomever you love that are granted to others? I agree with you that it shouldn't be an issue but I've never been in the position of being termed 'deviant' because of who I love either.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:26 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
A document written by men to control the masses. How many times has it been edited, modified or twisted?

Yes, organized religion is indeed a great tool to control the masses, and Christianity alone has many different versions. I believe in God, and I follow the teachings of Christ, and IMO it seems the message is much simpler than we make it out to be than all of the trivial BS in between. As to the topic at hand; so what if the guy is gay? Is it effecting anyone elses life? Certainly not mine, so live and let live for cryin' out loud!

Old 10-31-2014, 08:29 AM

993 posts, read 1,768,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper1372 View Post

I know a number of gay people, most of who just live their life as most all others do. I also know a few "parade marchers" and I've just never understood their need to advertise their private business.....but to each their own I guess.
The reason that you've never had to announce it is because everyone assumes you are straight. People don't treat you like **** because of it.

That's the reason why we have pride parades. People used to (and still do) treat us awful just because we aren't straight. You mention not having a parade for you, well I have some questions for you: Have you ever been denied the right to marry the person you love because you are straight? Do you have to worry about being fired for your job just for being straight? Have you ever been disowned for being straight? Have you ever been beaten for being straight? Have you ever heard of people just like you in countries being murdered/tortured/imprisoned/executed just for being straight? Have you ever been hated just for being straight?

No? Then be glad you don't need to have a straight pride parade.

Old 10-31-2014, 08:57 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC01 View Post
The reason that you've never had to announce it is because everyone assumes you are straight. People don't treat you like **** because of it.

That's the reason why we have pride parades. People used to (and still do) treat us awful just because we aren't straight. You mention not having a parade for you, well I have some questions for you: Have you ever been denied the right to marry the person you love because you are straight? Do you have to worry about being fired for your job just for being straight? Have you ever been disowned for being straight? Have you ever been beaten for being straight? Have you ever heard of people just like you in countries being murdered/tortured/imprisoned/executed just for being straight? Have you ever been hated just for being straight?

No? Then be glad you don't need to have a straight pride parade.
I understand what you are saying. I really do. Like I said earlier, I have a lot of gay friends. It is really a non-issues. Maybe I am living a very sheltered life, I constantly ask myself, "Do we still have people who cannot accept gays and lesbians?" and I realize we still do. For that, I am very sorry that you have to deal with this.

But can you try to put yourself in our shoes? You see a person in this very thread saying that straight folks shove straight sexuality down your throat by mentioning kids and family life. How do you suggest we talk about everyday life then?

I honestly believe most people truly don't care. There are some folks don't get the gay life style, unfortunately, there are still some folks believe homosexuality is a choice. But most people really don't care about what others do behind closed doors.

I have been approached by three lesbian maybe bisexual women when I was in college. I told them I wasn't interested. They were very nice and didn't push the issue. But one lady told me that everybody has bisexuality tendency, especially woman. So I was just lying to myself. Is it fair for me I must ask. Do you think she shoved her sexuality down my throat?

Old 10-31-2014, 09:10 AM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I understand what you are saying. I really do. Like I said earlier, I have a lot of gay friends. It is really a non-issues. Maybe I am living a very sheltered life, I constantly ask myself, "Do we still have people who cannot accept gays and lesbians?" and I realize we still do. For that, I am very sorry that you have to deal with this.

But can you try to put yourself in our shoes? You see a person in this very thread saying that straight folks shove straight sexuality down your throat by mentioning kids and family life. How do you suggest we talk about everyday life then?

I honestly believe most people truly don't care. There are some folks don't get the gay life style, unfortunately, there are still some folks believe homosexuality is a choice. But most people really don't care about what others do behind closed doors.

I have been approached by three lesbian maybe bisexual women when I was in college. I told them I wasn't interested. They were very nice and didn't push the issue. But one lady told me that everybody has bisexuality tendency, especially woman. So I was just lying to myself. Is it fair for me I must ask. Do you think she shoved her sexuality down my throat?

how do you expect gay people to talk about their lives? not say anything at all because some people are "tired" of hearing about it? they should just keep their personal everyday lives to themselves?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies