Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 07:24 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,863,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
As Dixie goes, so NOT does the nation. Expected Republican wins in Red states to control a lame duck Congress does NOT mean that the Republicans are not in a free fall. Pretending to be moderate doesn't change the stench of the ideology that gave us Bush. Over the next two years, we'll see what Republicans really are, and the failure to be like Dems, will spell suicide for the Pubs. The country is headed Left.

Republicans win the Senate by sounding like Democrats: America is moving toward the left.

Thanks for the lulz. You actually posted a link from Slate to cheer up Dems.

Slate!

Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

I don't think Republicans were sounding like Democrats. They were, however, pointing out that Democrats didn't want anything to do with the head of the Democratic Party while on the campaign trail.

And we all know the fish rots from the head down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 07:30 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,997,202 times
Quote:
Cheer up Dems: Country headed towards the Left
People have been saying that since the radical Baby Boomers started changing politics in the 60s. Guess what? The country still remains center-right. Liberal propagandists keep forgetting one truth- young dumb liberals eventually grow up to be older and wiser conservatives.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:31 PM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
People have been saying that since the radical Baby Boomers started changing politics in the 60s. Guess what? The country still remains center-right. Liberal propagandists keep forgetting one truth- young liberals eventually grow up to be older conservatives.
Data?

Old 11-06-2014, 07:43 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
As Dixie goes, so NOT does the nation. Expected Republican wins in Red states to control a lame duck Congress does NOT mean that the Republicans are not in a free fall. Pretending to be moderate doesn't change the stench of the ideology that gave us Bush. Over the next two years, we'll see what Republicans really are, and the failure to be like Dems, will spell suicide for the Pubs. The country is headed Left.

Republicans win the Senate by sounding like Democrats: America is moving toward the left.
Yes, I'm sure you're right.

Here's What a Republican Takeover Looks Like - NationalJournal.com

http://cdn-media.nationaljournal.com...n=get&id=42726

Take a peek if you dare.

Republicans now have historic majorities in state legislatures. That's a really big deal. - Vox

They now hold the BIGGEST majority in the last 80+ years.

Yes, turning "blue" all over the place, I see.

Control of State legislatures, lock, stock and barrel;

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/06/us...nges.html?_r=0

Quote:
With final tallies still being compiled, the Republicans now control both houses of the legislatures of 29 states, the highest number since 1920. By contrast, Democrats now control both chambers in just 11 states. The Republicans netted at least two governor’s seats — while holding off strong challenges from Democrats in places like Wisconsin and Florida — leaving the party with at least 31 governorships, the highest since 1998.
That's 29 states we control. Right to Work, Voter ID laws, PSE union busting time (ala Walker), etc, etc, etc.

Maybe OP wants to revise?

Last edited by sanrene; 11-06-2014 at 07:54 PM..

Old 11-06-2014, 07:51 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
As one of those Oregon voters, I can tell you-being very left doesnt mean we believe illegal immigration is OK. Im not sure why democrat representative think this to be honest, I suspect the majority of their base is against it, the only thing I can think of is that business interests are involved.
I'm sorry, you know that's not true. The left wing is DESPERATE for illegal voters - they believe in corruption and lawbreaking to win power - after all, to the left, power is virtue.
\

Old 11-06-2014, 07:52 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigantown View Post
Data?
That IS the data.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:39 PM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Conservatives, a much older demographic, the kind that dominates these mid-terms, are actually the ones dying off.

There has been a significant shift in youth, Hispanic, Asian and female political orientation that has accelerated overall the past couple years.

It's all over the net.

Last edited by momonkey; 11-06-2014 at 09:53 PM..

Old 11-07-2014, 04:47 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I'll give you this, you never give up even in the face of a historic defeat.
It's not really historic. The amount of seats won is pretty much within the average even if it's a tad on the higher side with the Senate. And given that most of the seats there were in red states I think we can surmise what the reasoning was. Let's not bring in the states either since local politics have little bearing on how the President is doing. The reason here is the same reason Republicans got drubbed for 50 years. The Democrats simply offer no good arguments on why they should be allowed to remain in power or take it. In cases like Michigan and Wisconsin you had Republican governors who have gotten things done and actually put some benefits to the business climate. I do think that they will regret the choice in Kansas though. I think Brownback will now double down on his economic policies which won't work any better than they have in the last 2 years.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:52 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
People have been saying that since the radical Baby Boomers started changing politics in the 60s. Guess what? The country still remains center-right. Liberal propagandists keep forgetting one truth- young dumb liberals eventually grow up to be older and wiser conservatives.
People are becoming more socially liberal but remain more conservative economically. This is why the republicans still can do well in elections. They were also smart to drop a lot of the divisive social morality positions that sunk candidates in 2012.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:55 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What you didn't notice was the youthfulness that was voted into the Republican Party. Republicans see the change needed, while Dems are relying on the same ole' lines....."abortion and war on women"....... the left won't get far with just these issues.
I see my kids and their friends have evolved their position from, Obama the greatest thing in the world, to Obama sucks.. I remember very clearly all of them thinking I was crazy because I didnt support him a few years ago..

And watching them post pro GOP postings on facebook, at their young age of 12-15, brings me lots of hope about americans future...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies