Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2014, 04:57 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
It's not really historic. The amount of seats won is pretty much within the average even if it's a tad on the higher side with the Senate. And given that most of the seats there were in red states I think we can surmise what the reasoning was.
You think the Governor's race is not historic? Maryland? There are now only fourteen states with Democrat governors. How about the fact that the number of Republicans in the House has only been seen since WWII? The average for Senate seat pickups is around six and the expected number of pickups is nine once Alaska and Louisiana are done. You may want to deny that it was historic but it is as is the number of seats lost under Obama's watch - that would be 70 in total. For the record, all of those numbers? Historic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2014, 05:00 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
I'll be sure to come back here when the GOP loses the Presidency (again) and the Senate in 2016.
Yeah, they might.. So what? No party should hold absolute power for a long time..

Old 11-07-2014, 05:02 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,354,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I see my kids and their friends have evolved their position from, Obama the greatest thing in the world, to Obama sucks.. I remember very clearly all of them thinking I was crazy because I didnt support him a few years ago..

And watching them post pro GOP postings on facebook, at their young age of 12-15, brings me lots of hope about americans future...
My two daughters had him pegged from the beginning.

My oldest was the one who spotted him as a fraud from the get-go...and who talked her fiance (now her husband) out of voting for him. She made him see the light, which took some doing as he was a senior in college at the time.

My youngest (the artist) was still in high school at the time and had a field day drawing nasty cartoons of him. She made many signs for the Tea Party rallies we attended, and when we protested Obamacare.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:11 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
You think the Governor's race is not historic? Maryland? There are now only fourteen states with Democrat governors. How about the fact that the number of Republicans in the House has only been seen since WWII? The average for Senate seat pickups is around six and the expected number of pickups is nine once Alaska and Louisiana are done. You may want to deny that it was historic but it is as is the number of seats lost under Obama's watch - that would be 70 in total. For the record, all of those numbers? Historic.
You do realize that Maryland had a Republican Governor just 8 years ago right? It's not really historic for them to win it again. I also wouldn't count your chickens on those 2 states either as Old Mary has a habit of winning when people say she shouldn't be able to and Ted Stevens lost when all the votes came in from rural districts.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:13 AM

Quote:
I see my kids and their friends have evolved their position from, Obama the greatest thing in the world, to Obama sucks.. I remember very clearly all of them thinking I was crazy because I didnt support him a few years ago..

And watching them post pro GOP postings on facebook, at their young age of 12-15, brings me lots of hope about americans future...

Bull****, they are not . Almost 12-15 year old gives a flying fig about politics, so I have a hard time believing that your kids are lighting up Facebook with support for either party.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:40 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
Conservatives, a much older demographic, the kind that dominates these mid-terms, are actually the ones dying off.
BS. There are many young people who voted for Obama who are unhappy with the results. There is a movement away from the Left. The election results prove it, and you just won't admit it because it goes against your personal believes. Even the new media has shown marked changes in the way they cover Obama. He is extremely unpopular all over the country.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Bull****, they are not . Almost 12-15 year old gives a flying fig about politics, so I have a hard time believing that your kids are lighting up Facebook with support for either party.
I didnt limit my discussion to just my kids, and I dont give a flying fig about you living in denial.

Old 11-07-2014, 05:54 AM

Quote:
I didnt limit my discussion to just my kids, and I dont give a flying fig about you living in denial.
Even more reason to believe it's a load of crap. I run a facebook group that has quite a few teens in it and I can say that pretty much NONE of them make posts supporting either political party or social ideals. It's pretty much filled with things that you expect teens to post about.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Even more reason to believe it's a load of crap. I run a facebook group that has quite a few teens in it and I can say that pretty much NONE of them make posts supporting either political party or social ideals. It's pretty much filled with things that you expect teens to post about.
Your opinion on what I see is meaningless. I never said they dont post the other stuff teens post, but to conclude I'm lying because you dont see them isnt really a consern I have.

denial, left wingers new shield from reality.

Old 11-07-2014, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Your opinion on what I see is meaningless. I never said they dont post the other stuff teens post, but to conclude I'm lying because you dont see them isnt really a consern I have.

denial, left wingers new shield from reality.
Your assumption that I am a left winger when I don't hold allegience to either party is amusing . I'm about as middle of the road as you get in terms of politics. Obviously you don't find my opinion meaningless, because you continue to respond to it. Perhaps I struck a nerve ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies