Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for a non Christian president
No 20 14.93%
Yes, (religion would be irrelevant) 83 61.94%
Yes (so long as he/she wasn't Muslim) 20 14.93%
Yes (so long as he/she wasn't Atheist) 2 1.49%
Other 9 6.72%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2014, 03:05 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,036,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacationmacation View Post
Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Mussolini were so "great" leaders that they proved to us we can elect an atheist
Hitler, the Crusades....

Old 12-16-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
"President"?

Yeah, got that list right here...

List of Presidents of the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We don`t yet elect openly godless communists in this country.

As for that other thing, you really are missing the point.

By electing a president that believes in God, we know that we are electing a president capable of understanding that he or she is not God.
I'm an atheist, not a communist, and since I don't believe that a god exists, then I certainly couldn't think I am one, could I?

Old 12-16-2014, 03:31 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,485,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
who ever suggested anyone vote for those you mention?
Nobody did, just illustrating the fact that I don't claim that all atheists are categorically superior to all theists.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:43 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255
I'm not an atheist, however Poppa Bush said this

Quote:
"I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. This is one nation under God."
Wow. I used to have respect for the elder President Bush, but this really knocks that down quite a bit. So you must believe in his deity or you should not even be considered a citizen? Just wow.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Wow. I used to have respect for the elder President Bush, but this really knocks that down quite a bit. So you must believe in his deity or you should not even considered a citizen? Just wow.
A lot of people believe that. It's sick.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:47 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:

By electing a president that believes in God, we know that we are electing a president capable of understanding that he or she is not God.
Not even true a little bit. European history is dominated by Kings and Queens who had no problem abusing power or claiming no one else was worthy of their position. They all believed in God; the same one you believe in actually. They even thought he decided they were meant to be kings. So, I'll ask, is a man who think he was elected by God any less dangerous than a man who believes himself to be god? Either way, they can do what they want, and who would stop them?

You also make the (idiotic) assumption that atheists believes themselves to be God or naturally superior, when this is simply not the case. Arrogance comes in many forms. Sometimes it's an atheist trolling a Christian forum, sometimes it's a Christians boasting about how much he loves Jesus.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:47 PM

2,516 posts, read 5,689,650 times
I don't vote because the whole thing is a sham to fleece the masses anyway. But if it mattered, I'd vote for an Atheist. That way the killing in the name of some mythological god would cease and desist. I'm also against big government and laws that protect us from ourselves. A novel but unpopular idea in a world full of people wanting to tell others how to live and to control their bodies, their sex lives and who they can marry.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:51 PM

Side question: what's scarier? someone who needs the fear of eternal damnation to do what's morally right or those that think people with religion can be trusted to do what's right because they believe in some imaginary being in the sky created by someone thousands of years ago.

Old 12-16-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
"President"?

Yeah, got that list right here...

List of Presidents of the People's Republic of China - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We don`t yet elect openly godless communists in this country.

As for that other thing, you really are missing the point.

Typical christian idiocy.

Christian Emperor Theodosius (408-450) had children executed, because they had been playing with remains of pagan statues.

Emperor Karl (Charlemagne) in 782 had 4500 Saxons, unwilling to convert to Christianity, beheaded.

The Crusades:
Jerusalem conquered 7/15/1099 more than 60,000 victims (jewish, muslim, men, women, children).
Battle of Askalon, 8/12/1099. 200,000 heathens slaughtered "in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ".
15th century: Crusades against Hussites, thousands slain.

1572 In France about 20,000 Huguenots were killed on command of pope Pius V. Until 17th century 200,000 flee.
17th century: Catholics sack the city of Magdeburg/Germany: roughly 30,000 Protestants were slain. "In a single church fifty women were found beheaded," reported poet Friedrich Schiller, "and infants still sucking the breasts of their lifeless mothers." [SH191]
17th century 30 years' war (Catholic vs. Protestant): at least 40% of population decimated, mostly in Germany

Catholic extermination camps
Surpisingly few know that Nazi extermination camps in World War II were by no means the only ones in Europe at the time. In the years 1942-1943 also in Croatia existed numerous extermination camps, run by Catholic Ustasha under their dictator Ante Paveli, a practising Catholic and regular visitor to the then pope. There were even concentration camps exclusively for children.

Hitler - the jews.

And this is just a few. Would take up too much space to list all the christian atrocities committed in the name of "god".

Old 12-16-2014, 04:01 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
Side question: what's scarier? someone who needs the fear of eternal damnation to do what's morally right or those that think people with religion can be trusted to do what's right because they believe in some imaginary being in the sky created by someone thousands of years ago.
if you are a politician, you may enter into an office thinking Godly but you may NOT do godly things when it comes to running the country- there's where you gotta separate. we are first a nation of FREEDOM- that is what you sign up for, the rest has to stay personal/

on another note for the Christians,,, first order is to pray for our leaders and follow them -- how many do that-? I may not like a pres, but have to take the bullet to protect him or her, for my country. Now-days they done even show common respect,,, it will come back to bite us, because the God I know -don't like ugly. We are supposed to have principles, and if you add up the Christian against other religions principles (all except a few crazy ones)- they are all based in kindness and respect.
We are losing that game to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies