Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 07:24 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Obama has clearly fanned the flames of racism. Other than that, the people I deal with on a day to day basis are no different than they ever have been.
You can't "fan the flames of racism". If someone is racist they're racist! If they choose to be open about it or not... Having Obama as president did trigger some peoples inner skinhead though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 07:36 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,554,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You can't "fan the flames of racism". If someone is racist they're racist! If they choose to be open about it or not... Having Obama as president did trigger some peoples inner skinhead though...
It looks to me like it triggered more peoples "inner looter, rioter, vandal, fool, moron, murder, " than "skinheads".

Old 01-07-2015, 07:37 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Agreed. Some of the race jokes about Obama pissed me off. I don't like that man but he def ain't any kind of hood rat.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:55 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,137,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
It looks to me like it triggered more peoples "inner looter, rioter, vandal, fool, moron, murder, " than "skinheads".
^^^This guy^^^ now on to more important stuff...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. Some of the race jokes about Obama pissed me off. I don't like that man but he def ain't any kind of hood rat.
Obama is an Ivy league educated man who is privileged. Right, wrong, or indifferent, he is not a hood rat. It seems like you can't take at least half of his opposition serious because of their twisted views...

Old 01-07-2015, 08:03 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,916,422 times
Oh look, another one of these threads...

Look, if race relations don't matter to you, that's fine. But don't get an attitude when someone calls you a racist because the reason for your opinion is basically:

"I ONLY focus on X stereotype and judge these people by that stereotype, so it gives me an excuse not to like or care for them."

Old 01-07-2015, 08:30 PM

274 posts, read 298,182 times
Yawn. Same old story with the victim-mentality. How many more decades are we going to continue this guys?

I don't see the AAs that work in the office next to mine making 90k a year complaining about any of this. It's only the people who never put any real effort in their lives and have realized that they cannot get ahead because of their lack of education who complain. White colllar and middle class AAs are doing just fine.

as someine else said, the people I see in my dad to day lives seem to be doing just fine. It's only the life-long malcontents who seem to be complaining.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
My neighbors across the street are black, and two houses down black, My black neighbors are some of the nicest in my hood, and have the prettiest, most well kept houses on my street. I would not think twice about anyone black moving next door, across the street. First, they are already there, and were there when I bought my house, Second, I am not race-obsessed like you are or a tiny fraction of paranoid/racist whites are . Third - if present trends continue, if black folks moved here, their houses would be nicer, and they would be friendlier, than my white neighbors.......but......fourth, if black (or white, or yellow, or green) folks moved in, and were trashy, rude, nasty, unsavory, drug addicts - I would hate them and would want them to move or I would - Yes, even if they were black, but not cuz they were black (or white/yellow/green). I just don't want "trash" or unsavory folks, living near me - it's that simple.
Great for you. I'm black in America. Race has been thrown in my face since I was 7 years old. I have no choice about the matter.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:19 PM

274 posts, read 298,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Great for you. I'm black in America. Race has been thrown in my face since I was 7 years old. I have no choice about the matter.
Imagine how white people feel. We have to hear it EVERY.SINGLE.DAY.

Meanwhile. Nobody I know has any clue why we continue to be accused when all of us have never bothered anyone of color a day in our lives. Never pushed anyone down to get ahead, never shouted racist imsults, nor even spend time thinking about race. Enough is enough. This is why most white folks ignore the whole thing in the media right now. It doesn't apply to us.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:40 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
show me where the proof is
this is NOT 1960
I already tried, he won't. I guess you can claim anything you want on the Internet.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:42 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
I do not believe race relations have "gone backwards". Now, certain things have changed. Many laws have changed, and for the better. This being said, with changes, some things remain constant. One constant is the presence of people with bigoted mindsets. Nowadays, the average bigot keeps his/her mouth shut, but when certain events take place, then the bigots come out of the woodwork and bring on the histrionics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies