Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 07:41 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmann View Post
Ever consider that in that scenario it would result in higher costs to the consumer?

Why is it that you hate the poor and working people of this nation?
You think it's ok to steal money from other people and then expect those people to think highly of you? Really? If you weren't smart enough to set a good financial foundation why should other people have to pay for your lack of planning and stupidity.

I demand that you give me your money! Lets see how much you like me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 07:50 PM

The democratic party would be defunct. the truth is that the politicians need the poor more than the poor need them, in a symbiotic relationship. As much as 75% of the money allocated to the poor is consumed by the vast bureaucracies. Advocates for the poor do not ordinarily live by what they preach.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:59 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,973,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Prove me wrong.
Easy.

Explain how a government that defends the freedom and sovereignty of the individual can be "government by the wealthy"? Any more or less than what we have now?

Every Democrat in elected to office is rich. Every one. They get rich by spending and directing more than 1/4 of the entire economy's output via government policy and action. Thus, they are the targets of influence buying.

When government can do nothing which is worth buying... Noone will seek to buy those in it to influence things in their favor.

I will not spend millions to influence you, because you can do nothing for me.

If government can do nothing for for anyone, then nobody has any interest in buying them.

Such elementary truth, and you comprehend nothing of it.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:23 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,122,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Yes, I know about it.

It's the boogeyman trotted out to argue for political control of resources. As if political control were better.

It's the worst means possible. Period. The premise is for the stupid, who actually have blind faith in political control over freedom, even though it has been proven the worst possible thing in the world.
And somehow having the "private sector" in control is somehow better? Is there no corruption in the private sector, no unscrupulous behavior? Considering how much human civilization has advanced under governments, I'd say you are just grasping at straws trying to defend your baseless beliefs.

Quote:
You've already demonstrated you have no idea what you're arguing.
And you've demonstrated you can't prove anything you say. All you got "Is you're wrong, 100%, because I said so and it's obvious". It's like trying to argue with a toddler....

Quote:
To "hint" at "tragedy of the commons" as if it's some wonderful intellectual concept beyond me, is to fail to grasp that you're the one falling for myths. Please stop making assumptions that you're smarter, better, wiser, more well-read, or more 'enlightened' than I, and thus, have no obligation to defend what you believe.

Only those who lie to themselves believe their arguments need no defense.
Tragedy of commons isn't a myth.... Do you know what a myth is? I am smarter, better, wiser, more learned, and enlightened than you. I don't have to resort to "you're wrong I'm right", like you. That's the big key there. Oh and I know what a myth is....

Last edited by dv1033; 01-22-2015 at 09:35 PM..

Old 01-22-2015, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Easy.

Explain how a government that defends the freedom and sovereignty of the individual can be "government by the wealthy"? Any more or less than what we have now?

Every Democrat in elected to office is rich. Every one. They get rich by spending and directing more than 1/4 of the entire economy's output via government policy and action. Thus, they are the targets of influence buying.

When government can do nothing which is worth buying... Noone will seek to buy those in it to influence things in their favor.

I will not spend millions to influence you, because you can do nothing for me.

If government can do nothing for for anyone, then nobody has any interest in buying them.

Such elementary truth, and you comprehend nothing of it.
That makes no sense.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You think it's ok to steal money from other people and then expect those people to think highly of you? Really? If you weren't smart enough to set a good financial foundation why should other people have to pay for your lack of planning and stupidity.

I demand that you give me your money! Lets see how much you like me.
I notice this right wing "ism" of theft when it comes to taxes. You agree to abide by the rules of the land, so there is no theft or stealing. You're more than welcome to voice your displeasure at taxes but calling it theft just makes you look uninformed to the informed.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The democratic party would be defunct. the truth is that the politicians need the poor more than the poor need them, in a symbiotic relationship. As much as 75% of the money allocated to the poor is consumed by the vast bureaucracies. Advocates for the poor do not ordinarily live by what they preach.
Nor do advocates for small government and the "free market". Like pandering to a specific group is a democratic party thing, last time I checked the Republicans sold their soul to the Christian right. Politicians in this country need people to vote them.

Become enlightened and become pragmatic and rid yourself of political parties and ideology that only serve to control the sheep.

Edit: To add on, perhaps you should ask yourself why the poor have increased for the past decades. Why wages have been declining for decades? Why benefits have been declining for decades? Why is productivity increasing for decades? Why are private sector profits increasing for decades?

Old 01-22-2015, 09:52 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
And somehow having the "private sector" in control is somehow better? Is there no corruption in the private sector, no unscrupulous behavior? Considering how much human civilization has advanced under governments, I'd say you are just grasping at straws trying to defend your baseless beliefs.

And you've demonstrated you can't prove anything you say. All you got "Is you're wrong, 100%, because I said so and it's obvious". It's like trying to argue with a toddler....

Tragedy of commons isn't a myth.... Do you know what a myth is? I am smarter, better, wiser, more learned, and enlightened than you. I don't have to resort to "you're wrong I'm right", like you. That's the big key there. Oh and I know what a myth is....
The greatest leaps forward for America were when monopolies like standard oil were in complete control over huge sectors of the economy. It wasn't government that ran the railroads, pulled the oil out of the ground, refined the oil, built the steel plants, etc. Of course that doesn't really fit into your neat little government provided box.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:20 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
The free market was always a myth. Especially in the US.

Old 01-22-2015, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I notice this right wing "ism" of theft when it comes to taxes. You agree to abide by the rules of the land, so there is no theft or stealing. You're more than welcome to voice your displeasure at taxes but calling it theft just makes you look uninformed to the informed.
Agree? No, forced. Using government to force some people to pay a higher percentage because you can't make it on your own is stealing no matter how you try to justify it.

When our country was bleeding, he bled us with leeches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies