Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 08:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Actually, as I understand BO's ancestory, he is about 70% Muslim on his father's side...only white from his mother's side.

Obama's father was an atheist.

My father was almost entirely absent from my childhood, having been divorced from my mother when I was 2 years old; in any event, although my father had been raised a Muslim, by the time he met my mother he was a confirmed atheist, thinking religion to be so much superstition.

Then there's this, also:

"Obama was raised in a Muslim family.[20] When he was about six years old and attending a Christian missionary school, the boy converted to Anglicanism when strongly encouraged by the staff. He changed his name from "Baraka" to "Barack".

Barack Obama, Sr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

So, born into a Muslim family, converting to Christianity at a very young age, and then abandoning religion altogether.

Hope this has cleared up your misconception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 08:43 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTexas View Post
You continue to call your replies, 'facts'.

Sorry to inform you, but what you have written, is your 'opinion', not the 'facts'.

Fact is, Obummer will be viewed poorly. He is already the worst POTUS in history, he has taken 1st place in that, placing Carter as number 2. AND THAT IS A FACT.

He is a Wimp who has the entire planet now thinking that America is Weak.
So, what planet are you visiting from?
Ha Ha Ha Ha……

(Did I say my opinion was 'fact' anywhere in what you quoted? Clearly you think yours is, and used caps for emphasis)

His critics, of which you clearly are one, I have already described in my previous post. I'll leave it to you to decide which one applies.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:57 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post

Pres. Obama will be viewed very favorably, already is by thinking Americans and almost the entire planet.
How much foreign news do you watch and press do you read each day?

The world considers Obama to be a joke. A dangerous joke because he has so much power behind him and absolutely no idea how to use it. He is disregarded as irrelevant in China, clueless by our Western "partners", hated by practically every country in the middle East due to the 7 Arab countries that he has bombed since taking office with no plan to pick up the pieces, his policies are directly responsible for the rise of ISIL, India pays him no mind and Russia most of all, laughs at Obama.

So take that away and I'm not sure what part of the world you might be talking about.

Thinking America, BTW are Obama's biggest critics. It's those who accept his nonsense blindly, lost behind those partisan glasses, that believe they are thinkers, but are no better than those they criticize.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:17 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How much foreign news do you watch and press do you read each day?

The world considers Obama to be a joke. A dangerous joke because he has so much power behind him and absolutely no idea how to use it. He is disregarded as irrelevant in China, clueless by our Western "partners", hated by practically every country in the middle East due to the 7 Arab countries that he has bombed since taking office with no plan to pick up the pieces, his policies are directly responsible for the rise of ISIL, India pays him no mind and Russia most of all, laughs at Obama.

So take that away and I'm not sure what part of the world you might be talking about.

Thinking America, BTW are Obama's biggest critics. It's those who accept his nonsense blindly, lost behind those partisan glasses, that believe they are thinkers, but are no better than those they criticize.
No, actually, you are incorrect. To call this man a "dangerous joke" who is considered "clueless" by our Western "partners" (not sure why you used parentheses there, unless you imply we don't have any "partners" in the world, like when Pres. Bush was in office) really either means you were in a coma from 2001-2009 or read no foreign press other than something owned by Rupert Murdoch.

To continue your streak of incorrect observations, it was the policies of his predecessor that is directly responsible for the rise of ISIL, specifically an Iraqi prison outside of Baghdad where high level detainees were allowed time to plot and plan amongst themselves while incarcerated there.

India pays him no mind? Did you see any press (excluding Rupert Murdoch's media) of his recent visit only weeks ago to India, and the treatment he received there? And why would Putin be "laughing" when his economy is imploding from Western sanctions and the oil glut, spurned in part by our allies in the Middle East?

I have to say, your viewpoint is fairly representative of conservatives, and further illustrates why you and yours view him so unfavorably.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:02 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
...Pres. Bush....policies of his predecessor.....
I was wondering how long that would take. Blame it on Bush, blame it on Rupert Murdoch, blame it on any made up bogeyman, but don't address the issue. At the time I believed Bush to be the worst president in the history of the USA. He is now #2 in my book.

If this is your standard for what makes a good President then you have a mighty low standard, and you have only proven my point. i.e. You are completely lost in the false paradigms of left vs right, red vs blue, liberal vs conservative ad nauseam, and it has completely blinded you to addressing Obama objectively.

You didn't BTW answer my question at all. But then again, I didn't really expect it.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:19 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
That will be easy after all of the Bush Years policies the GOP still fights for, are eliminated.
Wrong president. Here's the Business Roundtable's comprehensive complaint about how the Obama Admin's policies hurt businesses, the economy, and workers:

http://businessroundtable.org/sites/...ttachments.pdf

Now we know why there's been no improvement in low-income and middle class wages, etc., during the Obama years.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:29 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
History will remember President Obama as

1. The best U.S president after WW2
2. A flip flop Do-Nothing liberal
3. Someone who gave heath insurance to millions of Americans
4. A president who refused to put U.S troops at risk in unnecessary wars such as the war in Iraq
5. A communist dictator
6. The best political leader in the world from 1965 through 2017
7. A president who waged a very effective war against terrorists
8. A Right wing president hidden behind a progressive mask.
9. A smart guy who knew how to make things work
10. None of all the above. He will be seen as..................... (?)
No bias in your questions, is there?

He will be remembered as a colossal failure who tried to rule the world with his own personal prejudice and tried to destroy any who disagreed with him and his hateful agenda.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
After saving many American lives for withdrawing our troops from this elusive victory in Iraq where many soldiers were being killed on daily basis? You want another Bush to start another war ,spend billions for NO "VICTORY ACCOMPLISHED" ? Just asking !
Yes, he withdrew troops from Iraq, blaming Bush for them being there. Now he has already started sending them back to the region after seeing the failure of his plan to bring peace.

Who is he going to blame this time? Probably those who do not bow (his favorite thing to do) and kiss the ground at his feet. He is a failure.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Until it's time to blame someone for whatever mess the next GOP President creates, then you people will be talking about him non-stop.
That would just be following the precedent that Obama established the first day he was in office. Nothing is ever his fault, it was the fault of the previous office holder.

Old 02-07-2015, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
He'll be remembered as doing a decent job despite unprecedented irrational opposition.

Winning two elections by wide margins.

Now, back to the whining, spittle-spewing Obamaphobes still sore after six years.

Remembered by some like this yes. By rational people who read history, not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies