Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 10:50 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Isn't that the entire reason the GOP and their lemming voting base exist? To make the rich richer? Why do y'all hate Obama then?

Oh yeah, he's black.
It always seems that the most racist poster is the one constantly using race is the least informed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
The man who followed the worst president in U.S. history.
You mean whoever is elected next?

Old 02-07-2015, 10:58 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistermobile View Post
What were we thinking!?
Most weren't thinking. They were "Grubered." The Dem elites don't look down on and make fun of their voter base for no reason, after all.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:00 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I was wondering how long that would take. Blame it on Bush, blame it on Rupert Murdoch, blame it on any made up bogeyman, but don't address the issue. At the time I believed Bush to be the worst president in the history of the USA. He is now #2 in my book.

If this is your standard for what makes a good President then you have a mighty low standard, and you have only proven my point. i.e. You are completely lost in the false paradigms of left vs right, red vs blue, liberal vs conservative ad nauseam, and it has completely blinded you to addressing Obama objectively.

You didn't BTW answer my question at all. But then again, I didn't really expect it.
You sidestepped every single refutation I made of your post. Every single one.

I can objectively judge President Obama, and he is by no means perfect. He inherited three things when he was inaugurated:

1) An economic recession, the likes of which had not been seen in over half a century.

2) A Republican base that has worked night and day against America, in order to make this President unsuccessful, and by extension, make the previous 8 years look less destructive.

3) The smoking remnants of one of the worst foreign policy decisions in United States history.

All judgements of Pres. Obama, to be truly objective and accurate, have to take this into account. Anyone who judges President's Obama and Bush Jr. as the two worst President's in U.S. history has a woeful understanding of American history.

Bush Jr. has a legitimate claim on infamy from a historical context. Pres. Obama clearly does not.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
This is exactly right. Bush tried warning of the fallout and Democrats called republicans crazy... Anyone with common sense understand that it takes time for the fallout to happen.

It's like a merry-go-round.... Democrats put forth policies that hurt Americans - Republicans try to stop it - Democrats say but what about the poor - when the piper is paid repubs get the blame.

Obama? The first black president .. now what needs to be seen is because of his policies will Obama become known as the only black president.
I doubt that Obama will be the only black president, although he has made immeasurably harder for any black to win the office with all of his racist action and disregard for the law.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parfleche View Post
He will be rememberd as the President who brought our troops home from the Crusades.
Yet he is in the process of sending them back. Sort of proves his incompetence, doesn't it?

Old 02-07-2015, 11:07 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePage View Post
History will remember President Obama as

1. The best U.S president after WW2
2. A flip flop Do-Nothing liberal
3. Someone who gave heath insurance to millions of Americans
4. A president who refused to put U.S troops at risk in unnecessary wars such as the war in Iraq
5. A communist dictator
6. The best political leader in the world from 1965 through 2017
7. A president who waged a very effective war against terrorists
8. A Right wing president hidden behind a progressive mask.
9. A smart guy who knew how to make things work
10. None of all the above. He will be seen as..................... (?)
10) a foolish court jester

Old 02-07-2015, 11:11 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
I doubt that Obama will be the only black president, although he has made immeasurably harder for any black to win the office with all of his racist action and disregard for the law.
Sadly, I suspect that you are very much correct in that assessment.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:15 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
He'll be remembered as doing a decent job despite unprecedented irrational opposition.

Now, back to the whining, spittle-spewing Obamaphobes still sore after six years.

He'll be remembered by the embarrassing mindless cult following who thinks there's a conspiracy against him and that he can do no wrong, as shown here.

Speaking of still being sore, how about those apparent spittle-spewing "Bushaphobes" still sore after his winning twice and now six years gone from office? I'm sure you've taken no part in that, however.

Old 02-07-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
That's funny, after 8 years of George. The President that did more damage to our Country than any President has ever done before. He single handed painted us as just another form of World Terrorist, preaching Honor, Law and Justice, while promoting and acting out the same forms of Terrorism against perceived enemies as an other two bit bunch of thugs. Obama has at least restored some faith across the world in our form of Government by bringing an end to torture and illegal practices in our Secret Gestapo Community. Evidently you don't know the difference between World Leader, and World Thug.

Obama will be remembered for being at the forefront of leading this Country to recovery, in spite of those who believe a Black Man should have never been President, which includes the GOP, who has spent all their time waging war against him, rather than doing their jobs. Our "Role" in the World during the 8 Bush years is nothing to brag about or be proud of, if you believe America is a Leader in World affairs.

You can't argue with facts.
Present some actual facts instead of your delusions and let's see if we can argue about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies