Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 07:25 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
There is nothing wrong with wanting to preserve a moral standard that has been in place since the inception of this country.
YOU can preserve any moral standard you want, but you can not force your morals on others.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:27 AM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Modern age progressiveness......degradation, immorality, killing the unborn, not enforcing our immigration laws all nice and legal now and under the guise of civil rights. No thanks, I'll remain in the so-called dark ages then and I'm not from the south.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:28 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
No, put simply you're wrong and making things up in your constant quest to demonize your despised enemy "right wingers."
A thoughtful reply would have included why you claim I'm "wrong" - the lack thereof indicating clearly that you realize you couldn't defend your perspective against moral repudiation on the merits. Just posting vacuous denials doesn't support your perspective - quite the opposite. But I suppose I have to give you credit for knowing enough not to try to defend the indefensible.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:32 AM

1,988 posts, read 2,225,622 times
Alabama, on the wrong side of history for 150 years and running.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:35 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Maybe some states are just not so eager to march quickly towards being a godless anti-Christian nation.
The 1st amendment pretty much allows that, since all religions are allowed. YOUR particular god belief does not rule all of us.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:35 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
A thoughtful reply would have included why you claim I'm "wrong" - the lack thereof indicating clearly that you realize you couldn't defend your perspective against moral repudiation on the merits. Just posting vacuous denials doesn't support your perspective - quite the opposite. But I suppose I have to give you credit for knowing enough not to try to defend the indefensible.
You're wrong because I know enough black people, so-called "right wingers" and people in the south to know you are exaggerating and over generalizing. And your constant rants about "right wingers" based on ignorance already means you can't be taken very seriously.

As to corruption, it's everywhere... including our own Fed and IRS, but this is probably ignored by you if it doesn't involve "right wingers."

Old 02-10-2015, 07:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
Does the South always have to be the last area of the country to achieve social progress and be forced by the federal government to adapt these changes despite the opposition from its conservative politicians. From integration to education to gay rights it always seems like the South lags far behind the rest of the country. Will it always be this way or will the federal government always have to drag it kicking and screaming into the modern era?

And for those who say I don't understand the South I lived in North Carolina from age 6 to age 26.
But apparently you didn't learn anything.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:40 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
Quote:
You're wrong because I know enough black people, so-called "right wingers" and people in the south to know you are exaggerating and over generalizing.
I haven't stated anything I've stated in terms of "all" or "every" so your comment is off-the-mark on that account. I said these things happen. They do. Your equivocations confirm that you know that. So trying to dodge the ramifications of it by arguing against the absolute nature of statements that were not at all absolute is ridiculous.

Quote:
And your constant rants about "right wingers" based on ignorance already means you can't be taken very seriously.
It sounds to me more like you cannot bring yourself to take seriously moral repudiation of the offensiveness you prefer. Regardless, you belie your claim that you're not taking my comments seriously by replying to them, and replying to them with such vacuous replies, as if you think just saying anything is better than leaving "unserious" comments be. If my comments were as readily dismissable as you claim, a reasonable person would simply ignore them.

Quote:
As to corruption, it's everywhere...
That doesn't mean your championing of the corruption you prefer is any less indefensible.

Old 02-10-2015, 07:41 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I was born in mississippi. My grandparents were cajun. I have an enormous family that lives in the south. I'm sorry but the south is still racist.
And black people are moving there in droves. Must not be so terribly racist afterall!

Old 02-10-2015, 07:43 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
But apparently you didn't learn anything.
Somewhere he learned "My perspective is right and everyone else who doesn't agree is wrong."

I'm not sure where and when he learned this, but it happened at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies