Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2015, 12:18 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
Mexican master- and journeyman-level labor in the NYC area is prized over any other. They're putting together the structural and finish in most of the residential housing in the city; have been for years. They're regarded as artisans, they also lay masonry like angels.

The inner-city unemployed citizens seem contented to hang out in clumps on door stoops and on sidewalks and next to corner convenience stores nearby and do their patter.
It's racist to claim that any group is superior to another in any way. I am guessing that these laborers in NYC are illegal aliens. They are loved by their employers because they work cheap without benefits and won't complain out of fear of deportation and that's the bottom line not that they are superior to American workers.

Did it ever occur to you that these unemployed Americans lost their jobs to these illegal aliens and there is little job opportunity for an American blue-collared worker these days? No of course not. You'd rather claim that Mexicans are superior workers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2015, 02:47 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's racist to claim that any group is superior to another in any way. I am guessing that these laborers in NYC are illegal aliens. They are loved by their employers because they work cheap without benefits and won't complain out of fear of deportation and that's the bottom line not that they are superior to American workers.

Did it ever occur to you that these unemployed Americans lost their jobs to these illegal aliens and there is little job opportunity for an American blue-collared worker these days? No of course not. You'd rather claim that Mexicans are superior workers.
When the progressive left promotes amnesty for them--so that the urban unemployed U.S. citizens in the same neighborhoods can lay about around convenience stores and buy energy drinks with pocket lint and pass their days doing other boring unemployed urban stuff--who am I to complain?

Old 06-03-2015, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
When the progressive left promotes amnesty for them--so that the urban unemployed U.S. citizens in the same neighborhoods can lay about around convenience stores and buy energy drinks with pocket lint and pass their days doing other boring unemployed urban stuff--who am I to complain?
Why would you want our American workers to lay around and do nothing instead of working? You make no sense here. You should be complaining not only for that reason but because hiring illegal aliens is against the law. Or doesn't that matter to you?

Old 06-03-2015, 03:43 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,978,232 times
Quote:
Why would you want our American workers to lay around and do nothing instead of working? You make no sense here. You should be complaining not only for that reason but because hiring illegal aliens is against the law. Or doesn't that matter to you?
I figure that progressive New York City and Obama's Loretta (illegal's "right" to work here) Lynch U.S. Justice Dept. and a Ministry of Homeland Security that refuses to deport them, all must know what they're doing.

Old 06-03-2015, 04:40 PM

1,274 posts, read 979,018 times
Quote:
How come you do not get sarcasm even when it's in favour of what you're advocating?!? It's not the first time I see you totally missing the point...

Old 06-03-2015, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasolin View Post
How come you do not get sarcasm even when it's in favour of what you're advocating?!? It's not the first time I see you totally missing the point...
I didn't realize it was done in sarcasm. It would be nice if one used the sarcastic icon after their posts then to remove any doubt.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:48 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
The "sarcasm" came right after the same poster talked about Mexican workers being better than American workers. So it is still in question what the poster really thinks.

As for Loretta Lynch, Obama and progressive New Yorkers knowing what they're doing, I agree if their intention is to destroy America.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:20 AM

1,274 posts, read 979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
The "sarcasm" came right after the same poster talked about Mexican workers being better than American workers. So it is still in question what the poster really thinks.

As for Loretta Lynch, Obama and progressive New Yorkers knowing what they're doing, I agree if their intention is to destroy America.
I don't want to be overly critical, but it is not the first time Oldglory misses the points with English sentences despite being a fervent advocate against "illegal" immigration and in favour of conservative measures. His definition of "liberals", a term he widely used at some point, has also been confusing, and some conservative members of the forum already told him that.

This is ironical at best. I would expect better understanding skills for someone who defend conservative positions on immigration and the linguistic abilities of immigrants as it should go in hand with a thorough command of English.

There was a life before internet, and people did not require emoticons to express themselves.

For mm4, he ended his initial post about Mexican workers being better than American workers with:

"The inner-city unemployed citizens seem contented to hang out in clumps on door stoops and on sidewalks and next to corner convenience stores nearby and do their patter."

This sentence should be sufficient to trigger some questions on the previous point, unless you really believe unemployed people would be satisfied of this situation. I know conservative have a very low esteem of people out of jobs, as it's probably because they "deserved" it and are "lazy", but still, that seems a bit stretched, don't you think?

Old 06-04-2015, 12:27 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
I don't want to be overly critical, but it is not the first time Oldglory misses the points with English sentences despite being a fervent advocate against "illegal" immigration and in favour of conservative measures. His definition of "liberals", a term he widely used at some point, has also been confusing, and some conservative members of the forum already told him that.

This is ironical at best. I would expect better understanding skills for someone who defend conservative positions on immigration and the linguistic abilities of immigrants as it should go in hand with a thorough command of English.

There was a life before internet, and people did not require emoticons to express themselves.

For mm4, he ended his initial post about Mexican workers being better than American workers with:

"The inner-city unemployed citizens seem contented to hang out in clumps on door stoops and on sidewalks and next to corner convenience stores nearby and do their patter."

This sentence should be sufficient to trigger some questions on the previous point, unless you really believe unemployed people would be satisfied of this situation. I know conservative have a very low esteem of people out of jobs, as it's probably because they "deserved" it and are "lazy", but still, that seems a bit stretched, don't you think?
I think you're being unfair to Oldglory. I missed the sarcasm as well.

Not that it's a big deal. These things happen.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:

Oh for God's sake. Why are you making a mountain out of a molehill by several paragraphs? I truly didn't get the sarcasm in that poster's remarks. When I am being sarcastic (which I hardly ever am) I would use the icon for that rather than relying on members to decide for themselves what position I am actually taking. As the poster who defended me said "the "sarcasm" came right after the same poster talked about Mexican workers being better than American workers." "So it is still in question what the poster really thinks". What does my conservative position on any of the issues have to do with that?

It's nonsense that conservatives believe that most of the employed are due to laziness or being deserved of it. Where are you getting that nonsense? Since we want illegals out of this country and one of the reasons is so unemployed Americans will have job opportunities again quite the opposite is true of what you are claiming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies