Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2015, 10:20 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,973 times

Advertisements

when do go for coffee and linger like that, Ill go to Panera bread. Better coffee and atmosphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
Eh, I go sometimes. You're not just buying a coffee, you're buying a more pleasant environment; which matters if you're going to linger for half an hour or with business colleagues or with friends who care about that sort of thing. I really don't understand the people who walk in alone, buy a drink, and then immediately leave, but there are legit reasons to choose them over cheaper places sometimes.

That said, I'd actually respond to this much more negatively (in terms of being less likely to go back to that location if it happened) at Starbucks than at a cheaper place, because part of what I'm paying for is not having to put up with anyone - customer or staff - bothering me unasked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 10:25 AM

13,967 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You actually like their coffee?
When it's convenient, sure. I don't buy it for the home, I don't buy it for my work's coffee club, but now and again, I am in the mood for a cup and they are the closest coffee shop to me when I get the urge. happens like 3-4 times a year maybe. But even that seldom patronage is over with, now that they have corporate instruction to try to engage me in racial sermonizing.

Old 03-18-2015, 10:25 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,462,850 times
Interesting why some people feel there isn't enough talk about race relations. At least on this board and probably on million others, there is nothing else.
To cool off the athmosphere, we should avoid this topic for some time.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:39 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The Starbucks Director of Communications has deleted his twitter account. LOL

Apparently he really isn't ready to talk about it.

Starbucks exec deletes Twitter account after RaceTogether backlash
lolol... on second thought, maybe it *is* a bad idea to encourage service workers to engage your customers in controversial topics. Who knew?

Old 03-18-2015, 12:43 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,842,681 times
DD gives you a free donut when you purchase a medium or large coffee. Starbucks gives you an "are you aware of your white privilege?" lecture.

Old 03-18-2015, 12:57 PM

5,209 posts, read 4,673,749 times
All derision aside, any idea how this will be implemented?

Old 03-18-2015, 01:12 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,231,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix C View Post
DD gives you a free donut when you purchase a medium or large coffee. Starbucks gives you an "are you aware of your white privilege?" lecture.
I'm going to check this out. A latte from SB probably has as many calories as a donut anyway.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:18 PM

2,745 posts, read 3,960,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
All derision aside, any idea how this will be implemented?
Well, if I were charged with instituting this policy change, I would start be walking out into the parking lot, getting in the car, and driving home. Then I would update my resume, and begin outreach to contacts. It might be tough at first having left my job with no notice, but I believe that after a while something would come along.

Really though, I do like the taste of Starbucks coffee, but this is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in quite a while. The coffee isn't good enough to bring me there for this crap.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:24 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,834,803 times
From what I read, there were a number of topics they were going to scribble about. Nutrition, however wasn't one of them.

Old 03-18-2015, 01:31 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,411,323 times
If I get any of this the next time I go to FourBucks for coffee, I'm going to start telling Etruscan jokes.

But really, it sounds like a Chinese fire drill that is more likely to result in a Mexican standoff than any real social progress, just jewing us out of time we could spend more profitably.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies