Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 08:35 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times

Advertisements

I wonder which mosque the co-pilot attended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 08:36 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,275,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I am leaning right now towards the 'depressed' co-pilot theory (at least, it is my theory). Who knows, he may have had an ex-wife or girlfriend on the plane.

Seems like if it was 'terrorism' (i.e., the co-pilot was a member of a terrorist group) then those responsible would issue some statement or video claiming 'he was ours, beware!'.

One thought I had: what if this is a new type of 'quiet' terrorism wherein the group(s) responsible wanted to create havoc and massive loss of life before claiming responsibility by causing, through 'sleeper cell' members piloting planes, multiple such crashes in a short time period.

Of course, this theory has huge holes in it, such as them having the foresight to have members attend pilot school, getting hired, etc.
Totally agree with you on this!

Old 03-26-2015, 08:39 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Very good article in the Daily Mail:

Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz DELIBERATELY crashed plane into French Alps | Daily Mail Online

I wonder if something 'odd' happened, by happenstance, when the pilot left the cockpit? Seems odd that the co-pilot said absolutely nothing during those last 10 minutes, and breathed normally.
I wonder when he converted to Islam.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:43 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,016,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
What, simply being a German is not a good enough reason for you?

Old 03-26-2015, 08:49 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake
Good lord, give it a rest. No one knows anything yet, but here you are, smearing the president and all of Islam because...well, because it seems like that's the Conservative response to everything. I would ask if you have no shame, but the answer to that is apparent.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:52 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
They're called islamic community centers now. When the plane goes down, you all die as a community

Old 03-26-2015, 08:56 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Good lord, give it a rest. No one knows anything yet, but here you are, smearing the president and all of Islam because...well, because it seems like that's the Conservative response to everything. I would ask if you have no shame, but the answer to that is apparent.
Then why are you smearing all conservatives? Can you say hypocrisy?

Old 03-26-2015, 08:56 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
I didn't say **** about the President, I simply made a comment about a mosque which given the events of the last few years is a completely reasonable assumption to make.

I guess we'll find out soon enough won't we?

Old 03-26-2015, 09:08 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Oh my god, just stop. Seriously, these posts are absurd. I'm embarrassed for you. Enough.

I can't believe the people on here. What does Obama have to do with a plane crash in the least? Do you have no sense of shame? A plane crashed folks. Everyone on board died. It's a freakin' tragedy & all you can focus on is that the president said there is no indication at the time of terrorist activity? Get over yourselves already.
Being merely "absurd" is not the worst part but you must remember; these morons might actually VOTE also.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:39 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Post a link to Merkel saying that please. When I just searched, all the links say only that the White House said that. I couldn't find a link of Merkel saying that.

Searching Googling for Germanwings "no indication of terrorism" brings up link after link of "US says no terrorism" "White House says no terrorism" etc
The French prosecutor said it:
Co-Pilot Showed 'Willingness To Destroy Aircraft,' Prosecutor Says : The Two-Way : NPR
"But, he said: "There's nothing showing that this is a terrorist act." "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies