Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2015, 02:44 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,507,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
No i havent.... but do people not all have different tastes/values/goals in life?

for some people USA is the best place to live, for some people Norway is the best place to live.

just because you like one place better doesn't mean we all have to also like it better
Question that was ignored ^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2015, 02:55 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
So true. Thank conservatives with their obsession to "privatize" every service (for maximum profit) whilst demonizing the Federal govt.
It's not an obsession. It's pursuit of liberty and a higher standard of living for all people.

Old 04-11-2015, 03:09 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,826,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I'm using the 21st century concept, not the 19th century one. Language changes.
Its not a matter of language ....There really is no comparison. Your use of Norway as others have pointed out is laughable if not ignorant.
Again the concept of American Exceptionalism is lost on many if not most of you on the left.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:30 PM

309 posts, read 258,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Some of the people on this board don't like being reminded of the past. I get it. Nobody wants to believe their own people were monsters. Especially so recently in history. Lets face it, all of our ancestors were monsters at some point in our evolution as humans, but nobody wants to believe it was as little as 75 years ago. But reality tells us that they were. It does nobody any good to pretend it didn't happen.
Just the other way around. Those who do not remember the past (and that is a lot, unfortunately), have bought into the propaganda saying the US is or was some kind of a benevolent force, a "gentle giant" on a mission to help others, to bail them out as Americans love to boast. They also believe the US is a friend to be trusted. Those who do remember the past, know it is not so.

And trust me, I know what my people were. They were many things throughout history, sometimes mediocre, sometimes brilliant, sometimes victorious, sometimes defeated. But Hollywood monsters they were not.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:40 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Its not a matter of language ....There really is no comparison. Your use of Norway as others have pointed out is laughable if not ignorant.
Again the concept of American Exceptionalism is lost on many if not most of you on the left.
Sweetheart, what makes you think I am left of center? Never have been, never will be. BTW, Tea Party has done it's best to bastardize the word "conservative", and I hope you have not bought into their perspective.

Old 04-11-2015, 04:51 PM

700 posts, read 638,299 times
We topped Belgium, Spain, France, and Portugal? I'll take it.

Old 04-11-2015, 11:27 PM

1,199 posts, read 734,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
American exceptionalism is lost because it doesn't exist. Were only number on on military spending and imprisonment.

The first solution to solving a problem is realizing there is one. Besides, lets us compare and contrast countries that lean left vs those that lean right. Leftist countries like Australia and Canada and many Nordic countries vs countries that lean right like Somalia, and many limited govt countries in Africa. Man such a hard choice....LMFAO!!!

Old 04-12-2015, 05:56 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzel View Post
American exceptionalism is lost because it doesn't exist. Were only number on on military spending and imprisonment.

The first solution to solving a problem is realizing there is one. Besides, lets us compare and contrast countries that lean left vs those that lean right. Leftist countries like Australia and Canada and many Nordic countries vs countries that lean right like Somalia, and many limited govt countries in Africa. Man such a hard choice....LMFAO!!!
You forgot leftist countries like Cuba and North Korea and Venezuela. Man, such a hard choice. LMFAO!!!

Old 04-12-2015, 06:09 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegendesLicht View Post
Just the other way around. Those who do not remember the past (and that is a lot, unfortunately), have bought into the propaganda saying the US is or was some kind of a benevolent force, a "gentle giant" on a mission to help others, to bail them out as Americans love to boast. They also believe the US is a friend to be trusted. Those who do remember the past, know it is not so.

And trust me, I know what my people were. They were many things throughout history, sometimes mediocre, sometimes brilliant, sometimes victorious, sometimes defeated. But Hollywood monsters they were not.
So Hollywood was unfair to Josef Mengele?

All this stuff is debatable and peripheral. Motivations are of little importance, and propaganda aside, what it all boils down to, is who was on the right side, and who was on the wrong side of this war. To me, and most of the world, the answer is clear. I am sensing it is not so clear for you. Am I wrong? Did the wrong side win here? In your opinion, would the world be better off if Germany had won?

Old 04-12-2015, 06:33 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,256,903 times
Hollywood propaganda?

Quote:
Twins were subjected to weekly examinations and measurements of their physical attributes by Mengele or one of his assistants.[49] Experiments performed by Mengele on twins included unnecessary amputation of limbs, intentionally infecting one twin with typhus or other diseases, and transfusing the blood of one twin into the other. Many of the victims died while undergoing these procedures.[50] After an experiment was over, the twins were sometimes killed and their bodies dissected.[51] Nyiszli recalled one occasion where Mengele personally killed fourteen twins in one night via a chloroform injection to the heart.[34] If one twin died of disease, Mengele killed the other so that comparative post-mortem reports could be prepared.[52]

Mengele's experiments with eyes included attempts to change eye color by injecting chemicals into the eyes of living subjects and killing people with heterochromatic eyes so that the eyes could be removed and sent to Berlin for study.[53] His experiments on dwarfs and people with physical abnormalities included taking physical measurements, drawing blood, extracting healthy teeth, and treatment with unnecessary drugs and X-rays.[3] Many of the victims were sent to the gas chambers after about two weeks, and their skeletons were sent to Berlin for further study.[54] Mengele sought out pregnant women, on whom he would perform experiments before sending them to the gas chambers.[55] Witness Vera Alexander described how he sewed two Romani twins together back to back in an attempt to create conjoined twins.[50] The children died of gangrene after several days of suffering.[56]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies