Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 03:34 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
1. You nominated Sarah Palin as VP.
To begin with, I didn't nominate Sarah Palin for anything. The GOP did. I despise both major parties. That said, Sarah Palin was nominated for VP to appeal to the anti-establishment segment of the GOP. It worked and McCain got many more votes than he would have otherwise. Her being female had nothing to do with the nomination.

Quote:
2.Hillary Clinton would be younger than Ronald Reagan or John McCain. Why does Hillary's age matter if Reagan and McCain were acceptable for Republicans? And what's that about physical characteristics?
Once again, I don't care who the Republicans nominated in the past. I am talking about today, and I have noted from my non-partisan viewpoint that the GOP has two young Hispanics running and soon Carly Fiorina will join the race, and she is much younger than Hillary.

Quote:
3. You say Republicans nominate the person they think is best for the job, then say they aren't good at it. If that's the case, why use that as a justification?
I said that the GOP did not make the best choices in the case of Bush, McCain, and Romney. I am sure that the GOP thought those were the best choices, so my argument stands. Do you disagree that those three were inferior choices?

Quote:
4. Ben Carson will never be more than a token candidate. The odds of Rubio being nominated beyond VP are nil. Rafael Cruz is nothing more than a flame thrower and he won't be nominated either.
While I don't think that Carson will win the nomination, I have to take issue with your use of the word "token". Better yet, I think that I will let you explain what you mean so that we are on the same page. As for Rubio and Cruz, you may say that they won't be nominated but you haven't explained why you feel that way.

Quote:
5. The GOP nomination will go to either the white guy Jeb Bush or the white guy with no degree, Scott Walker. Yes, Republicans will justify a presidential nominee with no college degree as long as he is a white guy. Even though virtually every government job, from a secretary to a military officer, requires a college degree.

Republicans will ultimately always nominate a white man for president even though they are only 30% of the US population.
Now you have just gone completely off the deep end. I maintain that the GOP nominates who they consider to be the best candidate. There is absolutely no evidence that the GOP select its nominees based upon skin color. For you to make such an outrageous claim requires some real substantial evidence. Don't use the "they have never nominated any one other than a white man". Neither had the Dems prior to 2008. Recall that I have no dog in this race. I am an outside observer who couldn't give a whit who is nominated because I despise both parties equally and understand that nothing will change regardless of who wins. Partisan jabs have no effect upon me, so lets have a clear explanation for why you made the above comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 03:36 PM

12,390 posts, read 8,159,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most opposition to Obama is based on his politics not his skin color. He is half white racially anyway. So the GOP didn't oppose Bill Clinton and other fully white Democrat presidents in the past? This is where the claims of racism on the part of Republicans fails. By the way it isn't the Republicans that are the party of the rich but the Democrats.

Yahoo!

If were all about racism why do we call it Obamacare and not Hillarycare? Oh wait we did.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:37 PM

3,493 posts, read 3,205,739 times
Ever hear of "government cheese?" [ever see a brick of it? I have. Looks just like Velveeta]

It started with ADC, mid-sixties, Johnson era. Mo' baby, mo' money. Absolutely ruined forever, the up to then, upwardly mobile black American. BO has almost nothing to do with it, except, maybe, onto Chapter 2, "Hispanics." Permanent democrats, democrats for life, addicted to handouts, and fertile to boot.

Offer government cheese under the right circumstance you can probably ruin any group. Even Polocks and Italians I bet (only there it would be government kielbasa and government pizza)

Old 04-24-2015, 03:39 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
What a crock! Just because a minority hasn't won the nomination for president yet by the GOP doesn't mean they are racist against them nor does it mean that they will always nominate a white person. As another poster pointed out neither had the Dems elected a minority president prior to 2008. Whites are not 30% of the population. They are well over 50%. Someone in here needs to grab a clue and stop this damned race baiting in here.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:39 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
An accusation used by a party enraged that a black man is president. Under Bush we got huge deficits, completely unfunded Medicare Part D, the $2 trillion dollar Iraq War where they literally lost $40 billion dollars on pallets NY Fed's $40 Billion Iraqi Money Trail, the Great Recession, TARP and a disastrous Katrina response and that's just the surface. Seven years and Bush never did get Bin Laden.

Obama took office in the face of the Great Recession and got Bin Laden in his first term. Like I said, I think history will be extremely favorable to Obama, far more than Republicans will ever admit. We'll wait a couple of decades, then do a movie. I hope some of these Republicans are still be alive to see the reenactment.
Yep. All of the above in your first paragraph is the absolute truth. But, yeah, it's Obama, the guy who pulled us back from the disasters created by previous occupant, who is the one who wasn't qualified for the job. Uh, huh.

You are absolutely right--history will not be kind to Conservatives.

Last edited by HeyJude514; 04-24-2015 at 03:48 PM..

Old 04-24-2015, 03:42 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,007,727 times
Quote:

It is easy to say you are not racist. Anyone can say it. But time and again, you hear people say "yes, I would support a black, as long as it was the "right" black". The same has been said of women even though they are more than 50% of the population. The convenient thing about saying that is there will never be a "right" black (or woman) for them.

What is wrong with wanting to vote for the right person? I guess, according to you, people should vote for the black candidate just because s/he is black or the woman candidate just because she is a woman. Never mind that the candidate is totally incompetent.

So, you think that if a black person or a woman is on the ballot, people should never question his/her qualifications because doing so makes that person---gasp!---a racist or a sexist.

If you want to see a racist or a sexist, look in the mirror.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:49 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Now you have just gone completely off the deep end. I maintain that the GOP nominates who they consider to be the best candidate. There is absolutely no evidence that the GOP select its nominees based upon skin color. For you to make such an outrageous claim requires some real substantial evidence. Don't use the "they have never nominated any one other than a white man". Neither had the Dems prior to 2008. Recall that I have no dog in this race. I am an outside observer who couldn't give a whit who is nominated because I despise both parties equally and understand that nothing will change regardless of who wins. Partisan jabs have no effect upon me, so lets have a clear explanation for why you made the above comments.
You basically copied what I wrote and disagreed. Not sure that warrants a response. I have literally seen numerous posts by Republicans saying "I don't care who our nominee is as long as it's not a woman or a black". The first time I saw it I was shocked. Now, I guess that's the consensus.

No one had even heard of Sarah Palin until her nomination. The only reason she was nominated was because she was a fairly attractive woman who wore boots and belt buckles with big American flags on them. Then...she spoke.

Have you seen the responses from Republicans to Rubio on immigration? He will never be the nominee. And who exactly is supporting Rafael? The evangelicals. We won't know for another year but yes, my GOP prediction is Bush or Walker. Maybe Bush/Walker (Walker=Quayle). The Kochs have already said they will choose the nominee. Their threat means every GOP candidate will do what they are told.

P.S. Your non-partisan response sounds very partisan.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:51 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What is wrong with wanting to vote for the right person? I guess, according to you, people should vote for the black candidate just because s/he is black or the woman candidate just because she is a woman. Never mind that the candidate is totally incompetent.

So, you think that if a black person or a woman is on the ballot, people should never question his/her qualifications because doing so makes that person---gasp!---a racist or a sexist.

You are leaving out the rest of what I said. It's easy to say you will only vote for the "right" black or the "right" woman. That black or woman will never come along for Republicans.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:52 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
What a perfect slogan to use against Hillary.
Feel Free to Use It. Oh and please present a candidate that does not scare the bejesus out of most Americans so we are not forced to do the unthinkable.

Old 04-24-2015, 03:55 PM

62,971 posts, read 29,162,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

What's hypocritical of these kinds of posters is that the Democrats hadn't elected a black (and Obama is only partially black) till 2008. Nor have they nominated a woman ever. Hillary might be the first. Why aren't they criticizing the Democrats for that? The GOP did nominate Sarah Palin for VP. To claim that the GOP will never nominate a black or a woman for the presidency is just based on his own racism against whites, bias and apparent hatred of the GOP, nothing more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies