Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2015, 03:57 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What a crock! Just because a minority hasn't won the nomination for president yet by the GOP doesn't mean they are racist against them nor does it mean that they will always nominate a white person. As another poster pointed out neither had the Dems elected a minority president prior to 2008. Whites are not 30% of the population. They are well over 50%. Someone in here needs to grab a clue and stop this damned race baiting in here.
I said white men are 30% of the population. White men are actually 31% of the US population.

White men are 31 percent of the American population. They hold 65 percent of all elected offices. - The Washington Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What's hypocritical of these kinds of posters is that the Democrats hadn't elected a black (and Obama is only partially black) till 2008. Nor have they nominated a woman ever. Hillary might be the first. Why aren't they criticizing the Democrats for that? The GOP did nominate Sarah Palin for VP. To claim that the GOP will never nominate a black or a woman for the presidency is just based on his own racism against whites, bias and apparent hatred of the GOP, nothing more.
Racism against whites? I'm white and I've seen no white racism. I am embarrassed by the GOP though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2015, 04:02 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I have literally seen numerous posts by Republicans saying "I don't care who our nominee is as long as it's not a woman or a black". The first time I saw it I was shocked. Now, I guess that's the consensus.
LOL! You are basing the eternal nomination likelihood of a party based on a handful of posts on one online forum? Would you care to share some of those posts?

Quote:
No one had even heard of Sarah Palin until her nomination. The only reason she was nominated was because she was a fairly attractive woman who wore boots and belt buckles...
False. She was well known to politically aware people. That you had never heard of her indicates that you don't pay much attention.

Quote:
The Kochs have already said they will choose the nominee. Their threat means every GOP candidate will do what they are told.
Proof? You come across as very conspiratorial. Who are these "Kochs" and what would they have to threaten anyone with? What if these "Kochs" choose Ben Carson? I think that you need to do more thinking and less dreaming.

Quote:
P.S. Your non-partisan response sounds very partisan.
To someone who holds your extreme views, that must be how it seems. It must be really hard to go through life with a partisan chip on your shoulder. I do hope that you wake up and realize that both parties are the problem and that nothing will ever be changed by voting. Democracy exists to inhibit change.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:04 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,016 times
Quote:
I am embarrassed by the GOP though.
When you can say that you don't like the Dems too, then you will be just like me.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:05 PM

22,474 posts, read 12,011,140 times
Quote:
You are leaving out the rest of what I said. It's easy to say you will only vote for the "right" black or the "right" woman. That black or woman will never come along for Republicans.
Do you have a crystal ball? And if so, do you know how to use it?

You're another one who assumes that all republicans are racist. Apparently, you forget that democrats have their share of racists, too.

You love making baseless assumptions, don't you?

Old 04-24-2015, 04:10 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,739,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
What, what, what!? Aloof? Take the high road?

Gates? That was a high road? Beer Summit FTW.
Trayvon? "If I had a son", that's the high road?
Brown? Aloof?

My Brother's Keeper is aloof?

No, its his appointee, Eric Holder and the DOJ tossing out accusations at every turn. And, being wrong...at every turn.
I stand corrected ... though I was talking only about Obama pulling the race card for himself and only himself. But You're correct, he's been a huge race baiter and it hasn't helped.

Still, it is true that he's relied on other people to pull the race card in his own defense.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:13 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:
I said white men are 30% of the population. White men are actually 31% of the US population.

White men are 31 percent of the American population. They hold 65 percent of all elected offices. - The Washington Post
Who is responsible for electing our elected officials, Seacove? Your beef is with the voters, not the candidates, if you don't like the percentages.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:13 PM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Do you have a crystal ball? And if so, do you know how to use it?

You're another one who assumes that all republicans are racist. Apparently, you forget that democrats have their share of racists, too.

You love making baseless assumptions, don't you?
It's what they do so they can pull the race or gender card. As I said, the Democrats didn't elect a half black man till 2008 either nor have they ever nominated or elected a woman for president yet. The GOP did nominate Sarah Palin though and currently there are a couple of Hispanic candidates in the running for the GOP.

I wouldn't vote for a white person either unless the were the "right" one. In other words I would have to be in agreement with them on the issues or they would be the "wrong" one for me. What a race baiting jerk!

Old 04-24-2015, 04:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Feel Free to Use It. Oh and please present a candidate that does not scare the bejesus out of most Americans so we are not forced to do the unthinkable.
The same could be asked of the left.. I mean seriously..

Old 04-24-2015, 04:16 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
LOL! You are basing the eternal nomination likelihood of a party based on a handful of posts on one online forum? Would you care to share some of those posts?

POLITICO.com

False. She was well known to politically aware people. That you had never heard of her indicates that you don't pay much attention.

John McCain had not even met Sarah Palin until very briefly a few months before he chose her. She was vetted for a total of 40 hours before the announcement.

Sorry, no, no one knew who Sarah Palin was except some inside guys like
Proof? You come across as very conspiratorial. Who are these "Kochs" and what would they have to threaten anyone with? What if these "Kochs" choose Ben Carson? I think that you need to do more thinking and less dreaming.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/04/koch-brothers-will-offer-audition-to-jeb-bush-117177.html

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...mo-117238.html

The Koch Brothers will never choose Ben Carson. Republicans will never choose Ben Carson.

To someone who holds your extreme views, that must be how it seems. It must be really hard to go through life with a partisan chip on your shoulder. I do hope that you wake up and realize that both parties are the problem and that nothing will ever be changed by voting. Democracy exists to inhibit change.

Your posts are very unconvincing.

Old 04-24-2015, 04:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Thats because 95% of the candidates are white men, (ok I pulled the figure out of my butt to make a point), and when a minority runs on a Republican ticket, Democrats go out in huge numbers to defeat them...

Bunch of racists in the Democratic Party
Quote:
Racism against whites? I'm white and I've seen no white racism. I am embarrassed by the GOP though.
Judging by your inability to understand why 65% of elected offices are white males, Id be embarassed to be Seacove
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies