Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 07:02 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Would you feel better if they were bare footed?
I would feel better if the welfare programs that I pay for, that allow them to buy more expensive clothes and accessories than I have stopped.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:03 AM

24,473 posts, read 17,211,031 times
It seems so common place now that a peaceful protest that good folks have the rights to voice their concerns at is looked at by some as a chance to loot and get stupid.

The mayor has to be a democrat to say what she said on TV then try to twist it up under the spin control. It sure sounded to me like she gave the OK for the rioters to destroy.

What is really troubling is who gave the order for the Police to stand down? I would be pretty upset if my store was looted and burned and the Police just watched.

When the animals get out of hand it is time to put them on a leash not let them run wild.

In cases like this the Governor needs to call in the National Guard, issue a curfew and a proclamation that looters will be shot. We are talking about the safety of the good public and keeping the peace. Why does it seem that the animals have more rights than the innocent public?

Old 04-28-2015, 07:04 AM

15,630 posts, read 10,383,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Do you think those teenagers are democrats?

They don't even look old enough to vote.

Maybe you should ask a few of them to which political party they belong....before they are murdered for being Black.
Don't you mean before they are murdered by other Blacks? There is significantly more danger of teenage blacks being murdered by black teenagers than by police.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 04-28-2015 at 07:15 AM..

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Baltimore Mayor said, "We also gave those who wished to destroy, space to do that as well." She added, "And we worked very hard to keep that balance..."

Now she denies having said that, but her words are on the video, as Megyn Kelly at Fox News has it, and has played it.

She has been caught in a blatant lie, and she says, "It is very unfortunate that members of your industry decided to miss-characterize my words, and try to use it as a way to say that we are inciting violence.

This woman should resign from office immediately. To allow people to destroy property, and then lie about what she said, is unforgivable.

Further, this kind of protest is a clear violation of law. Freedom to assemble does not allow for stopping vehicles etc. This was unlawful assembly.

This raged out of control largely because of her mishandling of this entire incident.

The media reported the facts, which included her exact words. The media has not misquoted her.
Obama talked to Madam Mayor & the Maryland Governor - he urged them to "use restraint" with the Police Department. I wish I could say "unbelievable" - sadly, it's very believable. Not to worry says President Stompy Foot - I'll make sure you get the money to re-build.

Obama receives updates on Baltimore riots |USA Today

It's clearly evident by now that the Leftist News Media will attempt to hang all this Anarchy around the neck of the only Republican in sight - the Governor of Maryland, who attempted to get Madam Mayor to ask for the National Guard. Will he step up and give orders to start making arrests and stop the Riots?
Time will tell, but it's hard to go against both the Leftist Media, the Race Hustlers/Apologists AND TeamObama. Social Media told them this was going to happen, somebody at the TOP issued the Stand Down orders and the Police mostly stood by and watched, while attempting to duck the Rocks & Bricks thrown at them. Disgusting display.

12,270 posts, read 11,326,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Do you think those teenagers are democrats?

They don't even look old enough to vote.

Maybe you should ask a few of them to which political party they belong....before they are murdered for being Black.
I'll betcha this makes everything better, right?

Senior Center Burns in Baltimore - The Daily Beast

Old 04-28-2015, 07:05 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,977,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
What is really troubling is who gave the order for the Police to stand down? I would be pretty upset if my store was looted and burned and the Police just watched.
NYPD didn't need to be told to stand down in Crown Heights.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:05 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Sounds like a poor choice of words, but I am sure right wing media has eaten it up and spun it to match what they want their followers to hear.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:06 AM

39,865 posts, read 26,492,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
I would feel better if the welfare programs that I pay for, that allow them to buy more expensive clothes and accessories than I have stopped.
"Poverty" has nothing to do with this. It's all an excuse for some animals to run wild, burn, destroy and kill. Many probably come from homes that have a reasonable income...but no responsible parents. It's not "poverty" that does this. Some of the poorest parts of the country are white (and black) and don't act like this.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:06 AM

1,701 posts, read 1,107,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Baltimore Mayor said, "We also gave those who wished to destroy, space to do that as well." She added, "And we worked very hard to keep that balance..."

Now she denies having said that, but her words are on the video, as Megyn Kelly at Fox News has it, and has played it.

She has been caught in a blatant lie, and she says, "It is very unfortunate that members of your industry decided to miss-characterize my words, and try to use it as a way to say that we are inciting violence.

This woman should resign from office immediately. To allow people to destroy property, and then lie about what she said, is unforgivable.

Further, this kind of protest is a clear violation of law. Freedom to assemble does not allow for stopping vehicles etc. This was unlawful assembly.

This raged out of control largely because of her mishandling of this entire incident.

The media reported the facts, which included her exact words. The media has not misquoted her.
Sadly she gave them space to destroy another neighborhood, not their own.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:08 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,515,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I'll betcha this makes everything better, right?

Senior Center Burns in Baltimore - The Daily Beast
These people are not victims, they are criminals and anti-social thugs.

What's more, the Democrats and the left have by their policies nurtured and enabled these attitudes, especially the race-victim attitude, which whether they realize it or not is holding them back and destroying their families and their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies