Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2015, 07:40 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Mind reading is not required to catch her intended meaning, just an IQ in the normal range.
The people she is giving the space to, to destroy? They don't exactly have IQs in the normal range. They seem to have taken her quite literally.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:43 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Are these local people rioting or " Professional Protestors " from out of town like we had here in Ferguson ?
does it matter who they are? Local or not, this isn't protesting, this is in fact criminal behavior....
Protesting is not this...and the people doing this, were simply looking for a reason to steal and riot...ok, so in my book, if that is the way they want to be, the national guard goes in there and shoot anyone on site luting...

PERIOD!

This doesn't have anything to do with any Protest or any wrongful doing, this is another issue all together.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:43 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqpDFfSLMs8

A nononsense guy shouldn't go along with this kind of partisan nonsense. There is no blatant lie here. And it is fair to say that people are mischaracterizing the mayor's words.

It's clear what she meant. She wanted to give the legitimate protestors space to protest without the police being in their faces. But as an unfortunate byproduct of that the rioters also got space to riot. She was not saying that she wanted people to riot or that she indended to keep police away so they could riot.
i cringe at defending Stephanie, but i agree with you here.

the (bolded) word you just used would have eliminated all confusion.

“It’s a very delicate balancing act because while we try to make sure that they protestors were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also unfortunately gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well,”

Old 04-28-2015, 07:45 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
no...

her EXACT words "We also gave those who wished to destroy, space to do that as well."

yes she wanted them to riot and destroy
Yes, those were her EXACT words; however, I truly do not believe it was what she meant to say.

I think she was fishing for words to try to come up with a good sound bite and jumbled it up.

All she had to do was come back later and say, "Due to the stress of the situation, my words did not reflect my thoughts. I misspoke, and I apologize for that. We do not condone destruction of property or mayhem. We want peaceful protestors to have the opportunity to express themselves, but we do not want rioting and looting."

It's really that simple; however, she is part of the "it's not my fault, someone else is to blame" demographic.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:45 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The people she is giving the space to, to destroy? They don't exactly have IQs in the normal range. They seem to have taken her quite literally.
There is plenty to criticize in her handling of this. But come on, this thread is nonsense.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:47 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i cringe at defending Stephanie, but i agree with you here.

the (bolded) word you just used would have eliminated all confusion.

“It’s a very delicate balancing act because while we try to make sure that they protestors were protected from the cars and the other things that were going on, we also unfortunately gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well,”
Exactly.

10 posts, read 6,966 times
I had to laugh my ass off, I saw a clip of Rachel Madcow on PMSNBC had a piece on Baltimore where she actually said that the riots were a cry for help by the citys youth. LMAO Rally? Is there not end to the stupidity of liberals?

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Don't hold your breath. Democrats give them everything they want. Excuses to act like animals and destroy their neighborhoods, no accountability and tells them what poor, deprived children they are. And then reward them with more trinkets after they destroy their own neighborhoods. Just so long as it buys a few votes the system is working as intended.
Oh I'm aware which is why I call BS on those people who want to blame this on systemic problems and in the next breath continue to support failed Democrat policies. It shows me they're not even remotely concerned about actually solving any problems. If I hear one more time that these 'kids' rioted because they feel as though the police are too hard on them, I'm going to vomit. They rioted because they knew the police wouldn't respond and those orders seem to have come right from the mayor. More Democrat policies causing more destruction and mayhem. Rinse and repeat.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:48 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sounds like a poor choice of words, but I am sure right wing media has eaten it up and spun it to match what they want their followers to hear.
LOL. Well they learned it from the crazy loons on the left.

Old 04-28-2015, 07:49 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
You know how to tell when a politician is lying? They open their mouths.

That said, she is kinda hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies