Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 08:08 AM

73,189 posts, read 62,899,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A Democrat city run by Blacks, with a Black Mayor, a Black Chief of Police and a predominately Black Police Department at that.

The rot in Police force must be the few whites left in the city.
Atlanta fits all of the above. Atlanta isn't nearly in as bad of shape as Baltimore.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:14 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,019,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I understand what you're saying! Believe me... I do. But, how is slapping that person with a potential felony for a non-violent offense solving the problem? Especially if they haven't committed a violent crime? So now, you have this person with a record, and then limit their opportunities, which causes them to become more desperate, and then potentially resort to violent crimes.
Any person on hard drugs will commit a felony crime just to keep up the drug habit anyway and will be desperate. So only violent crimes should be felonies? Everyone make choices so if you chose to do a hard drug then you can live with the consequences. Making hard drugs legal doesn't solve anything

Old 04-29-2015, 08:14 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,887,979 times
Quote:
I understand what you're saying! Believe me... I do. But, how is slapping that person with a potential felony for a non-violent offense solving the problem? Especially if they haven't committed a violent crime? So now, you have this person with a record, and then limit their opportunities, which causes them to become more desperate, and then potentially resort to violent crimes.
How's you drill it into a kid's head that their choices have lifelong consequences? This certainly is not limited to black ghetto kids.

The only countries that have made a serious dent in drug trafficking are those states that impose the harshest penalties.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:16 AM

28,985 posts, read 30,391,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I felt so bad for the older black lady they showed who worked at CVS and she was crying and pleading with these animals to stop their destruction. She was saying this is their home and their workplaces that they are burning down. It seemed to fall on deaf ears, as these people only care about themselves, not even other blacks who might be affected by their violence.

The mayor and other city leaders are doing a horrible job by letting these low life people get away with destroying everything in their path. They don't give a damn about justice for Grey, they simply want to score some free booze and anything else they can steal.

Don
those people, no animals, care not for anyone, they respect no one, not even themselves....let me tell you, what they accomplished, they hurt a lot of people, destroyed what so many people worked so hard to build up....and do not possess any level of intelligence....they are the kind of people, or trash, that police deal with, day in and day out....and they were not rioting for the sake of a dead boy, who had a rap sheet a mile long, but they did it, just to do something...the parents of that boy asked them to stop, several preachers, asked them to stop, they had an agenda, which was nothing more then stealing, and burning cars...

They did nothing positive for the Black Race....as a matter of fact, they shamed not only the black race, but Americans

I'm not happy this happened, but it gives those who claim to be cop haters, a whole different perspective, and parents, no matter what they say, its time we all take control of our kids....if they are not under control by the time they are 5, they never will be. It is your responsability to see to it, your children are home at night and your raising them with morals, and respect....otherwise, don't be a parent, don't have children....

Keep them off the streets....let them get jobs to help support the family....we need to have our children be in a better place

Old 04-29-2015, 08:23 AM

25,894 posts, read 16,610,681 times
This is why liberalism has to be eradicated from America. This culture of anti-Americanism will bring us all down if we don't stop it.

Whole Foods forced to remove pictures of them feeding the National Guard in Baltimore due to liberal backlash.

Whole Foods Under Fire for... Making Sandwiches for National Guard?!

Old 04-29-2015, 08:25 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,683,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
How's you drill it into a kid's head that their choices have lifelong consequences? This certainly is not limited to black ghetto kids.

The only countries that have made a serious dent in drug trafficking are those states that impose the harshest penalties.
We have a catch and release justice system.

People like Freddie are a dime a dozen. These kids see that. Get busted and you're back on the streets within a week. What do they have to fear regarding the law except getting caught ?

Old 04-29-2015, 08:26 AM

73,189 posts, read 62,899,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Unlikely in the case of Atlanta.

Memphis perhaps.
If Atlanta was going to collapse, it would have been in the 1980s or early 1990s when its murder rate was much higher. Atlanta has improved alot since those days.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:28 AM

109 posts, read 74,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
This is why liberalism has to be eradicated from America. This culture of anti-Americanism will bring us all down if we don't stop it.

Whole Foods forced to remove pictures of them feeding the National Guard in Baltimore due to liberal backlash.

Whole Foods Under Fire for... Making Sandwiches for National Guard?!
Lol we need to reopen mental asylums and throw these liberals in there.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:30 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,468,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Memphis.

Atlanta if you just want "Major" cities.
Yeah I think Memphis is a good bet, demographics aren't favorable. The demos in Atlanta are slowly turning in a better direction. Should be ok in the interim.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:31 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,468,298 times
Quote:
A couple of things....

Someone posted Freddie Gray's rap sheet on this thread. Maybe I'm wrong, but with the exception of a burglary and trespassing charge most of those offenses appeared to be drug offenses, in which I consider non-violent offenses. In the case of drug offenses I have a hard time continuing our stupid drug war, and continuing to prosecute people. One of them was a marijuana charge? Come on! Really? When are we going to wise up and end this war on a plant? The burglary charge? Yes...I have a problem with that, and consider that a major offense! Everything else that I saw on the rap sheet is non-violent, and we really need to rethink our stance on the war on drugs. OK I'm off of my soap box now. Moving on....

From what I understand this guy made eye contact with the cops and took off running. Do we know why? Did he have an outstanding warrant? If not, then why the hell did he run? Are drug charges worthy of roughing up the guy to the point where his spine was damaged to the point that it caused his death?

Now... make no mistake, this by no means excuses the actions of those who rioted, looted, burned stuff down, and destroyed the neighborhood. It is counter-productive, and it's crazy to think that it will change the cops, and soften up on procedures when detaining someone. In fact, it may do the opposite, and further grow the police state! Don't we have enough bulls*** and uneccessary laws as it is? Having said that, when you resort to destruction and the harming of innocent people, you lose credibility with me, and I'm in the camp of "you loot, we shoot!" That is the only thing that will stop those who are using this as an excuse to create mayhem!

Finally, I've said it before, and it bears repeating! If you want change, then it starts at the TOP! It starts with those who employ the cops to do their bidding, and enforce their legislated bunch of nanny state BS! Electing the same ol' same ol' and expecting different results especially in a city like Baltimore where it has been ruled by one party for years is the definition of insanity!

Just someone trying to see and make some sense of both sides of the issue!
You consider the distribution of illegal narcotics, minor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies