Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 02:53 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,945,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
LOL, I made no assumptions at all.

I provided you the definition of 4th degree burglary. Too bad that if you are unable to comprehend said definition and see that all 3 categories do not have to do with stealing. I will break it down for you

Category 1 - You are accused of breaking into a residence or business
Category 2 - You are accused of being in a building or the yard/garden of a building and the police accuse you of having the "intent" to steal
Category 3 - You have "burglar's tools' (this is where I got the burglar's tools from) and the police accuse you of having "intent" to use said tools to steal

None of the categories above for 4th degree murder say that you broke in and stole something.

Also, charges are not convictions. People are charged with things all the time that they didn't do.

Maybe you are mad because you think I am speaking specifically about black men but I'm not. Prior to the merging of the threads, I was posting about how I don't feel that this riot and protests are racially motivated. IMO I feel the motivation is behind the fact that police officers (either white, black, hispanic or Asian) are not treated in a similarly criminal manner when they commit criminal offenses against regular citizens.

I gave an example of "Ray-Ray getting mad at Tyrone and killing Tyrone. Ray-Ray goes to jail for life. Officer Bob gets mad at Tyrone and kills Tyrone and Officer Bob gets paid administrative leave and a fat pension." It is a double standard thing and it causes a lot of anger, which is why what happened in Baltimore happened.

I also mentioned that Baltimore PD has a long history of corruption and abuse. Last year the city paid out over $6 million dollars in damages to victims of police brutality.

I will also note that I know for a fact that whites, Asians, and Hispanics are victims of police brutality as well and I feel that all Americans benefit from black people putting the focus on this issue and seeking to find ways to decrease injustice in policing. IMO most Americans are in agreement with me, which is why most do support the cause, they just don't support rioting and violence.
Yes, this. If people have issues (and they should) with civilans who break the law, and expect them to be held accountable, then people should also have the same issues with law enforcement. More, even, because law enforcement have a power than can be devastating in the wrong hands.

Old 04-29-2015, 02:58 PM

13,414 posts, read 9,945,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
You did make assumptions it was burglary tools. You skipped over the fact that it said simple breaking and entering or intent to steal inside a building or burglar tools..Yet you went to burglar tools and claimed an ignorant cop probably did it.

"Fourth degree burglary in Maryland can be any of four different crimes, all of which are misdemeanors punishable by up to three years imprisonment. Breaking and entering the dwelling of another person is fourth degree burglary, even without the intent to commit another crime. Breaking and entering the storehouse of another person is a fourth degree burglary, even without the intent to commit another crime. Being in or on the surrounding land belonging to a dwelling or storehouse of another person with intent to commit theft is a fourth degree burglary. Possession of burglar’s tools is also a fourth degree burglary."

So? So you're trying to argue that he was falsely charged and suddenly all innocent?

Why would I be mad? Did I mention a race?

Any organization can have corruption. Baltimore is no different.
"Any" organization does not have the power to ruin or even end your life as you know it, just because they can. This goes for the entire Criminal Justice System. This kind of corruption and abuse of power is the antithesis of freedom. The very enemy of it, amend no one wins by focusing on the aftermath more than the instigators. The instigators in this are those who commit police brutality, which is a known issue, quite widespread, and not simply a figment of people's imaginations.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:00 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,817,146 times
Quote:
You did make assumptions it was burglary tools. You skipped over the fact that it said simple breaking and entering or intent to steal inside a building or burglar tools..Yet you went to burglar tools and claimed an ignorant cop probably did it.

"Fourth degree burglary in Maryland can be any of four different crimes, all of which are misdemeanors punishable by up to three years imprisonment. Breaking and entering the dwelling of another person is fourth degree burglary, even without the intent to commit another crime. Breaking and entering the storehouse of another person is a fourth degree burglary, even without the intent to commit another crime. Being in or on the surrounding land belonging to a dwelling or storehouse of another person with intent to commit theft is a fourth degree burglary. Possession of burglar’s tools is also a fourth degree burglary."

So? So you're trying to argue that he was falsely charged and suddenly all innocent?

Why would I be mad? Did I mention a race?

Any organization can have corruption. Baltimore is no different.
Glad you decided to read what I put earlier.

I'm not arguing that he was falsely charged or that he is innocent as I don't know if he was convicted, which is why I said a charge doesn't necessarily mean someone actually committed a crime. I was charged with 2 serious charges that I did not commit per previous post. I was not convicted. Do you know if Freddie was found guilty and the details of the case?? If not, then you don't know either. But regardless, 4th degree burglary per the definitions you quoted above, which I provided to you is a misdemeanor, does not indicate that anything was stolen, and is not a serious offense. Other than that, all he had was drug charges on his record.

Previously a poster said he was a career criminal, having a list of charges where one doesn't know the outcome of said charges doesn't mean that the person is a career criminal.

I think you are mad because you are going back and forth unnecessarily in a rather werido way (like this saying "So?? So you are assuming blahblahblah!!!" when I'm not, but if you are not mad or angry, I extend my apologies and hope you turn that frown upside down )

Old 04-29-2015, 03:03 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,013,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
"Any" organization does not have the power to ruin or even end your life as you know it, just because they can. This goes for the entire Criminal Justice System. This kind of corruption and abuse of power is the antithesis of freedom. The very enemy of it, amend no one wins by focusing on the aftermath more than the instigators. The instigators in this are those who commit police brutality, which is a known issue, quite widespread, and not simply a figment of people's imaginations.
Who said there wasn't an issue? The police is not the only organization that has the power to ruin your life. So what exactly are you trying to argue here?

Old 04-29-2015, 03:06 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,817,146 times
Quote:
Who said there wasn't an issue? The police is not the only organization that has the power to ruin your life. So what exactly are you trying to argue here?
The police is a MAJOR organization that can ruin your life.

Police are also heavily armed and can kill at will and fabricate a lie to cover their a$$es and under our current system, the courts will believe their BS and they will be back out on the street to do it again to someone else.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:09 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Mass protests scheduled tonight in multiple cities to support Baltimore
Since this is a political forum I'm hoping they'd be discussing
this:

"In the late 1990s, Bill Clinton played in instrumental role in creating the world’s largest prison system — one that has devastated our inner cities, made a mockery of American idealism abroad, and continues to inflict needless suffering on millions of people. And he did it with his wife’s support."

The Clinton dynasty’s horrific legacy: How “tough-on-crime” politics built the world’s largest prison system - Salon.com

instead of just burning the house down. Hope they are peaceful & productive.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Do you know if Freddie was found guilty and the details of the case?? If not, then you don't know either. But regardless, 4th degree burglary per the definitions you quoted above, which I provided to you is a misdemeanor, does not indicate that anything was stolen, and is not a serious offense. Other than that, all he had was drug charges on his record.
IT doesn't matter if he was found guilty or not as he is dead. I never said I knew the details of the case at all. It was you that kept talking about burglar tools when it can be 3 other things. I also never said he stole anything, I clearly said you didn't know.

Quote:
Previously a poster said he was a career criminal, having a list of charges where one doesn't know the outcome of said charges doesn't mean that the person is a career criminal.
Having so many charges does bring "career" to mind.

Quote:
I think you are mad because you are going back and forth unnecessarily in a rather werido way (like this saying "So?? So you are assuming blahblahblah!!!" when I'm not, but if you are not mad or angry, I extend my apologies and hope you turn that frown upside down )
If you think I am mad then you can't read people well. "So" meaning it doesn't matter. You did assume because you said "burglar tools". You don't have to admit you made the assumption. Sorry no one can make me mad over the internet especially over a forum,

Old 04-29-2015, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Since this is a political forum I'm hoping they'd be discussing
this:

"In the late 1990s, Bill Clinton played in instrumental role in creating the world’s largest prison system — one that has devastated our inner cities, made a mockery of American idealism abroad, and continues to inflict needless suffering on millions of people. And he did it with his wife’s support."

The Clinton dynasty’s horrific legacy: How “tough-on-crime” politics built the world’s largest prison system - Salon.com

instead of just burning the house down. Hope they are peaceful & productive.
You know I would hope that too. One can only hope.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
The police is a MAJOR organization that can ruin your life.

Police are also heavily armed and can kill at will and fabricate a lie to cover their a$$es and under our current system, the courts will believe their BS and they will be back out on the street to do it again to someone else.
This has happened quite a bit but it is not always the case.

Old 04-29-2015, 03:24 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,263,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Kudos to the Baltimore leaders and citizens, along with help of the national guard and police, for keeping the peace last night. The turn around was very impressive.
Agree - it was impressive. It also pointed out dramatically that 17 building didn't have to Burn, that nearly 150 vehicles didn't have to Burn, that a Mall and many local businesses didn't have to be looted.

What we saw last night could have been in place on Monday if Madam Mayor had taken any of the Governor's phone calls and agreed to the help he wanted to send to Baltimore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies