Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2015, 05:02 PM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Seems to me the folk who attended the game and peaceful protesters were protected.
Folks that attended the game were only safe because they made them stay inside the stadium while violence and destruction was occurring. The the folks outside the stadium were being attacked and businesses were having their windows smashed. This happened on the Saturday.

Quote:
In hindsight, Martial Law could have been declared and the reigns turned over to the military, the day Freddie died. Not sure there is any precedent for calling in the National Guard in anticipation of mayhem.
Don't you mean State of Emergency? What they did last night could have been done on the weekend.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
No, many at the game were attacked. Rioters started stealing bottles from vendors and started hurling them at fans along with trash cans.

This guy doesn't seem to be protected by anyone.

Or these girls.
Lets add a video to it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ztgz6-yUHo

Old 04-29-2015, 05:12 PM

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
Lets add a video to it
Haven't seen this one before. I heard they tried to pull a white family out of their station wagon.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Haven't seen this one before. I heard they tried to pull a white family out of their station wagon.
I think I heard that as well. I did see another video where they were walking up to random fans and hitting them for no reason.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:17 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tal Dew View Post
Mass protests scheduled tonight in multiple cities to support Baltimore
YEP - DeRay McKesson, the major Activist from Ferguson fame (and hired gun in Baltimore) has been promoting these Multi-City "protests" the last couple of days. That's the same DeRay that testified to the Obama Task Force on 21st Century Police. I guess he is one of Madam Mayor's advisors also.
Watta Gang. Big Rally by Shabazz on Saturday - Fun Times. FUN,FUN,FUN

Baltimore Protests and Solidarity Events Planned in 7 Cities Today |Revolution News

Old 04-29-2015, 05:17 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,955,245 times
LOL - come to AZ and pull someone out of their car, you'll get a .44 in your face.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
YEP - DeRay McKesson, the major Activist from Ferguson fame (and hired gun in Baltimore) has been promoting these Multi-City "protests" the last couple of days. That's the same DeRay that testified to the Obama Task Force on 21st Century Police. I guess he is one of Madam Mayor's advisors also.
Watta Gang. Big Rally by Shabazz on Saturday - Fun Times. FUN,FUN,FUN

Baltimore Protests and Solidarity Events Planned in 7 Cities Today |Revolution News
Yea I remember him all too well when I was in Ferguson. They had a 300 person protest last night in Ferguson and 3 people got shot. Two in the neck and one in leg. A gas station got looted as well.

Mass protest in New York right now.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:25 PM

690 posts, read 1,008,032 times
Dr. Phil Corrects Fox News On Baltimore's Equality Of Opportunity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xf7myMyOcM

Old 04-29-2015, 05:43 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby
Agree - it was impressive. It also pointed out dramatically that 17 building didn't have to Burn, that nearly 150 vehicles didn't have to Burn, that a Mall and many local businesses didn't have to be looted.

What we saw last night could have been in place on Monday if Madam Mayor had taken any of the Governor's phone calls and agreed to the help he wanted to send to Baltimore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Which would only allow the problem to continue to be swept under the rug.
The "problem" in question is Burning down buildings, Looting business, Wilding thru the Streets of Baltimore destroying anything in their path.

Choice by Authorities
1. Stop the Burning/Looting/Destruction/Attacks on Police and Civilians
2. Let 'em do their worst and stand back and watch/wring hands in despair -
Madam Mayor calls it "appropriate action & a delicate balance". Another word for it is total Anarchy in the Streets of Baltimore with "Stand Down Orders" to her own Police Department.

The "rug" in question is almost 40 years of Democratic Party control and Policy over the City of Baltimore and Millions and Millions of US Taxpayer dollars to these Black Communities that have proven to have been Money down the drain. A Black City Council, Mayor of 5 year Tenure/20 years City Government, a Black Police Commissioner, Black Majority Police Department, Elijah Cummings. These are the people in Control in Baltimore - they ARE the "RUG" and I suspect it's both worn out and dirty.

Old 04-29-2015, 05:44 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The "problem" in question is Burning down buildings, Looting business, Wilding thru the Streets of Baltimore destroying anything in their path.
No, those are only symptoms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies