Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 09:28 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The commissioner has said a version of the other prisoner's statement for a week now. Personally I've always thought he injured himself since an initial report said there were no signs of bruising or marks. I'm not a doctor but been around the underclass in various settings including hospitals to know they are capable of anything, including self harm.

I do allow for the possibility that an officer had his knee to his neck and that may have injured him too. Guess we'll have to wait for the coroner's report. One thing I'm convinced about is that it wasn't intentional on the cops' part.
When they failed to buckle him in, they made themselves vulnerable. If for no other reason, buckle is a CYA manuver.

We don't know why Freddie was in an open air drug market after a night out.

We don't know why Freddie ran.

We don't know why he was arrested.

We don't know why the officers did not buckle him in.

We don't know if Freddie self injured to the point of causing a fatal spinal cord injury. Media has globbed onto neurosurgeons from top hospitals who report there are about 12,000 spinal cord injuries in the U.S., each year. All decline to speculate on the cause of Freddie's injury. Some refer to the global rarity of self infliction of such injury. There reportedly is one known case that occured in Japan in 2003 and the injury was not fatal. The pain reportedly prevents one from causing serious spinal cord injury to themselves.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
So would Sarah Palin. But the media would be all over her; Jarrett gets a free pass.
Palin wouldn't be making deals with Russia or Iran.......one HUGE difference. Palin certainly would not have allowed for businesses to be torched, she would not have ordered a stand down.

I find Palin much more interesting being born in the USA; rather than an Iranian born, most likely put in place by Iranian officials.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I have to agree I found it being an unnamed donor suspicious, but doesn't discredit the fact she is the soul person the President confides in. Why is he picking one Iranian born person over the many American people he could be working with. Interesting both are so involved in getting Iran a nuclear weapon, isn't it??
Jarret's parents, not of Iranian heritage, both born in the U.S., lived in Iran for 5 years while dad, an MD, established a children's hospital. The family left Iran when she was 5 years old. Neither she nor her parents are of Muslim faith.

Obama respects her input. So what?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Palin wouldn't be making deals with Russia or Iran.......one HUGE difference. Palin certainly would not have allowed for businesses to be torched, she would not have ordered a stand down.

I find Palin much more interesting being born in the USA; rather than an Iranian born, most likely put in place by Iranian officials.
Palin would not be president and would not have had any influence.

Nothing short of declaring Martial Law upon Freddie's death, in anticipation of trouble, would have diminished the damage done in Baltimore.

Her non Iranian non Muslim, US citizen parents temporarily lived in Iran and left when she was 5 years old.
Iran was a very progressive country in those times past.

Somehow some have connected non existing dots between the current leadership in Iran and a child who left Iran as a preschooler.

Anyway, none of this has anything to do with this thread.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:29 AM

1,587 posts, read 1,015,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Nothing short of declaring Martial Law upon Freddie's death, in anticipation of trouble, would have diminished the damage done in Baltimore.
Why does Martial Law need to be declared? Do you know what Martial Law is?

All they needed to do was declared State of Emergency after all that destruction that started on Saturday. Activated National Guard and have them there on Sunday. The damage that happened on Monday wouldn't have happened. The Mayor took the Ferguson approach of doing nothing and watching.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:43 AM

2,761 posts, read 3,429,421 times
Default Baltimore Protests, are there white people protestiong as well ?

I think whites have something to learn here.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:44 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,398,193 times
Yea, not to be in the area

Old 04-30-2015, 10:47 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,395,954 times
The usual white Occupy hippies are there.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:50 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Whites have been protesting as well so . . .

Old 04-30-2015, 10:51 AM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,016 times
I haven't seen any white rioters. Is isn't really their thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies