Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 08:15 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
STEPHEN A SMITH, ESPN: "Our ancestors, considering our history and what they had to go through and the sacrifices that they had to make to get us to this point, our ancestors would be ashamed of how we’re conducting ourselves. And it needs to be addressed and it needs to be stopped because I see a whole bunch of young brothers and sisters out here right now. They’re here with us. They wouldn’t act that way."

Well said, Stephen A.
He's getting blasted for that as we speak on Twitter. These people are simply not right in the head.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:28 AM

13,425 posts, read 9,960,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno, I'm sick of staying quiet....this whole situation is utterly ridiculous....

First off, Freddie, the dude that started these riots again, (although most probably didn't even know or care why they were rioting, stealing, burning, they just saw it as a chance to do so) but, there was a criminal in the back of that van, and it was partitioned off....but after they put Freddie in the van, the criminal reported that he heard Freddie, rolling back and forth over and over again, banging himself up against the wall....

Freddie had a rap sheet a mile long, as do most of these people who claim police brutality (are there a few who are truly vicitmized, of course, I believe there are bad cops out there) however, it is not to the magnitude that these criminals claim it is....

It is in fact, bad parents that bring up these kids, and don't care about them, so they grow into criminals, starting out, with very minor crimes, but each time they are arrested the crimes escalate....

Bottom line is, as most people have told you all to do, if a cop stops you, keep your mouth shut and do what he says, if you resist arrest, then it's your own damn fault!!!
Bull! Listen there's no excuse for acting like the supposed criminals you're brutalizing! Stop excusing this!

It's not okay for people in authority to act like violent aggressors, I don't care what the arrested have done.

But most importantly, a lot of the victims of brutality in Baltimore aver the past few years were not even prosecuted, let alone convicted.

Quote:
Those cases detail a frightful human toll. Officers have battered dozens of residents who suffered broken bones — jaws, noses, arms, legs, ankles — head trauma, organ failure, and even death, coming during questionable arrests. Some residents were beaten while handcuffed; others were thrown to the pavement.

And in almost every case, prosecutors or judges dismissed the charges against the victims — if charges were filed at all. In an incident that drew headlines recently, charges against a South Baltimore man were dropped after a video showed an officer repeatedly punching him — a beating that led the police commissioner to say he was “shocked.”
http://data.baltimoresun.com/news/police-settlements/

If you are for liberty and due process, you should be outraged. This is how our cities' finest behave. Just as badly as the criminal element they police. It's wrong!

Old 04-30-2015, 08:32 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What you saw Monday afternoon was "Lord of the Flies" come to life.
Kids running wild while the adults, with the exception of one, just stood there and watched.
What was more strange the officials acting like these are "children" and we can't do anything about it. So they just let them run amok! Cooling off, need space to destroy......WTH!

Seems this story is not getting out...........Don't worry, Valerie Jarrett is in "regular contact" with the mayor of Baltimore, the White House announced late Tuesday night.

"Jarrett also remained in regular contact with Mayor Rawlings Blake (Baltimore, MD) and Maryland Governor Larry Hogan," an unnamed White House spokesman told the media.

Jarrett also conducted a conference call with 50 “local leaders from across the country” that was long on Democrat mayors of big cities. But what really matters is what she said in private to her Democrat mayor pal 35 miles or so up I 95.

Blog: Valerie Jarrett in 'regular contact' with Baltimore Mayor over handling the riots

Who is Valerie Jarrett? | The Daily Caller

Trying to figure out Valerie Jarrett’s mysterious hold on Barack and Michelle Obama is a favorite guessing game in the parlors and dining rooms of Washington. No other White House official in history has enjoyed such a unique relationship with both a president and a first lady, and yet the mainstream media have ignored Jarrett’s enormous influence over the shape and direction of the Obama administration.

Jarrett’s official title — senior adviser and assistant to the president for intergovernmental affairs and public engagement — doesn’t begin to do justice to her unrivaled status in the White House.

Like Obama, Jarrett has a fundamental lack of respect for businessmen. In a typical blunder that sent shudders through the business community, she dismissed Tom Donohue, the highly regarded CEO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, as irrelevant, saying that she preferred to deal with “real” industry executives.

Despite her lack of international experience and background in economics and fiscal policy, she is in many ways the de facto president. Against the advice of more seasoned advisers, Jarrett steers the president toward decisions that make our economy less robust and our nation less safe.

“I was at a dinner where Valerie sat at our table for ten minutes, and I wasn’t particularly impressed,” a major Obama donor told me. “She didn’t say anything interesting. I expected her to be smarter. She ain’t no Karl Rove. Karl Rove would eat her for breakfast.”

Old 04-30-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
He's getting blasted for that as we speak on Twitter. These people are simply not right in the head.
Gray's own mother said this should not be happening. She said this would not be her son's answer. For the most part these people are only making it about them, bet most have no idea someone died. Or only that someone died......

Old 04-30-2015, 08:46 AM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
FinsterRufus; Bull! Listen there's no excuse for acting like the supposed criminals you're brutalizing! Stop excusing this!
Like I said, Freddie himself, could come back and tell you face to face, what he did, and you still wouldn't believe it! Period....no excuses, you are the type of person that would mouth off to a cop and then resist arrest, just to prove your point and label cops bad. You live it and breath it.

Quote:
It's not okay for people in authority to act like violent aggressors, I don't care what the arrested have done.
Violent aggressors huh, tell that to the criminals and drug users that run away or shoot cops and run...
violent aggressors my foot....please, go tell your stories to some kid in grade school....

Quote:
But most importantly, a lot of the victims of brutality in Baltimore aver the past few years were not even prosecuted, let alone convicted.
did you know that a lot of people are not prosecuted due to insufficient evidence or plea bargains, b/c the scum bags give officers names of much bigger criminals or leads to them....and then they get all mad, b/c the police turn around and arrest them, b/c they thought by being an informer, they could get away with anything...

yeah, that really upsets them to be point of self inflicted bruises....I know the games FinsterRufus....
So, tell it to someone else...who believes you, I don't and won't.

Quote:
If you are for liberty and due process, you should be outraged. This is how our cities' finest behave. Just as badly as the criminal element they police. It's wrong!
I'm outraged all right, oh, yes indeed, outraged by what those lilly livered rats did to that city....burned cars, broke windows, burned out peoples livelyhood, oh yes, I'm outraged, by people as yourself, with your attitude, in Philly, walks up to a police car and shoots two officers dead. GANG bangers..... oh yeah, tell me more....you talk and walk so tough, and you'll do anything to belong to something....even if its a gang....
and I bet you've had problems with the police before...

and how bout those women who beat up other women, over gang bangers and drugs....or stabb them, b/c they stole some coke from them....or some drunken dad comes home and starts yelling at his kid, so the kid struggles with the cop that they called for help????? Tell me more....

I'm outraged at the black kid selling drugs on some street corner, with his only dream to own a BMW...outraged that some kids dreams are to become star rappers or football players...outraged, that in this day an age, after Martin Luther King, gave up his precious LIFE for you, and this is how you repay him...talk about freedom? Talk about liberty and due process....I'm outraged, b/c so so so many innocent cops are shot and killed by your so called due process from the hood...

I'm out ragged that you don't possess any common sense and enough education to know better....in this day and age...there are still people who blame their own poverty on slavery?????

POLIZE!!!!

Old 04-30-2015, 08:57 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
What was more strange the officials acting like these are "children" and we can't do anything about it. So they just let them run amok! Cooling off, need space to destroy......WTH!

Seems this story is not getting out...........Don't worry, Valerie Jarrett is in "regular contact" with the mayor of Baltimore, the White House announced late Tuesday night.

"Jarrett also remained in regular contact with Mayor Rawlings Blake (Baltimore, MD) and Maryland Governor Larry Hogan," an unnamed White House spokesman told the media.

Jarrett also conducted a conference call with 50 “local leaders from across the country” that was long on Democrat mayors of big cities. But what really matters is what she said in private to her Democrat mayor pal 35 miles or so up I 95.

Blog: Valerie Jarrett in 'regular contact' with Baltimore Mayor over handling the riots

Who is Valerie Jarrett? | The Daily Caller

Trying to figure out Valerie Jarrett’s mysterious hold on Barack and Michelle Obama is a favorite guessing game in the parlors and dining rooms of Washington. No other White House official in history has enjoyed such a unique relationship with both a president and a first lady, and yet the mainstream media have ignored Jarrett’s enormous influence over the shape and direction of the Obama administration.

Jarrett’s official title — senior adviser and assistant to the president for intergovernmental affairs and public engagement — doesn’t begin to do justice to her unrivaled status in the White House.

Like Obama, Jarrett has a fundamental lack of respect for businessmen. In a typical blunder that sent shudders through the business community, she dismissed Tom Donohue, the highly regarded CEO of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, as irrelevant, saying that she preferred to deal with “real” industry executives.

Despite her lack of international experience and background in economics and fiscal policy, she is in many ways the de facto president. Against the advice of more seasoned advisers, Jarrett steers the president toward decisions that make our economy less robust and our nation less safe.

“I was at a dinner where Valerie sat at our table for ten minutes, and I wasn’t particularly impressed,” a major Obama donor told me. “She didn’t say anything interesting. I expected her to be smarter. She ain’t no Karl Rove. Karl Rove would eat her for breakfast.”
Defacto president? Sounds like someone may have gone off the deep end.
An unnamed donor was reportedly unimpressed because she did not say anything interesting.

The economy is less robust than is desirable because a lot of people may have learned that when you spend 150+ % of your income, the consequences are not good. Then there's the whole aging population thing.

Despite this, the U.S. has a stronger economy than most of the rest of the developed world.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:07 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So it was catch and release with "maybe we'll prosecute them in the future".

LOL. Free pass to pillage and loot in both Ferguson and now Baltimore.

And to boot, over 50 twitter/Facebook accounts have been linked to both the Ferguson riots and Baltimore riots.

Looks like these riots may be more organized than most think.
They all eventually become organized.

A relatively small percentage of any protest take protest to the extreme. Most of those arrested reportedly are minors, some as young as 10. Where were mom and dad while their kids ran amok?

Government did not create this problem and government can't solve it.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:11 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post

So would Sarah Palin. But the media would be all over her; Jarrett gets a free pass.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
They all eventually become organized.

A relatively small percentage of any protest take protest to the extreme. Most of those arrested reportedly are minors, some as young as 10. Where were mom and dad while their kids ran amok?

Government did not create this problem and government can't solve it.
Wrong...201 adults and 34 minors.

Most of the ADULTS are unemployed/low wage employment, have previous records and live at home with their mothers.

Gee..they seem to fit that stereotype to a t, don't they ?

Article posted in either this or another thread.

Government most certainly created this problem and continues to fuel it.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Defacto president? Sounds like someone may have gone off the deep end.
An unnamed donor was reportedly unimpressed because she did not say anything interesting.
I have to agree I found it being an unnamed donor suspicious, but doesn't discredit the fact she is the soul person the President confides in. Why is he picking one Iranian born person over the many American people he could be working with. Interesting both are so involved in getting Iran a nuclear weapon, isn't it??

Quote:
The economy is less robust than is desirable because a lot of people may have learned that when you spend 150+ % of your income, the consequences are not good. Then there's the whole aging population thing.
Funny it took a crisis for people to not know this. How about banks loaning to those who were never in the position in a crisis to pay the loan back. Home loans for first time owners was over the top. I knew people who were better off renting, they knew nothing about home repairs or paying property taxes. Educating ones self is the responsibility of the person taking out the loan and the people loaning need to not do it on, "helping people get ahead" idea.

Quote:
Despite this, the U.S. has a stronger economy than most of the rest of the developed world.
I find it strange people actually think this. We are Super Power shouldn't this be a no brainer!

Our economy is also being held together by countries not quite third world, but damn close. If this is your kind of "economy doing better" riding on the backs of others, no wonder people think the US is doing it all alone.

Trillions in debt is not a good economy......most seem to not understand United States Government Debt to GDP ratio......learning this gives one the answer to the mess we are in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies