Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 09:00 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,771,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post
It's a Republican governor who wants it removed.
She did not want it removed before leftists pushed for the removal. Quit trying to act naïve and innocent. This whole movement was pushed by leftist fools and tools. So which are you, a fool(leftist fool) or tool(leftist follower)?

Old 06-24-2015, 09:00 PM

2,572 posts, read 4,253,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Actually, the entire thing is being used as a way to try and galvanize African Americans in large numbers to vote for the Democratic nominee next year.
Do you think the Democrats had that kid killed all those people?

Old 06-24-2015, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Do you think the Democrats had that kid killed all those people?
Do you think that the Republicans had that kid kill all those people? If the answer is yes, you are delusional.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
She did not want it removed before leftists pushed for the removal. Quit trying to act naïve and innocent. This whole movement was pushed by leftist fools and tools. So which are you, a fool(leftist fool) or tool(leftist follower)?

She said she wanted it removed, are you saying she's lying?

Old 06-24-2015, 09:04 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,524,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post
The KKK was formed and populated from its inception almost exclusively by Southern Democrats. When this movement finally and mercifully began to fizzle out after World War II, especially in the late 1950's and early 1960's, the Democrats realized they needed to find a new flag carrier for their platform of promoting racial intolerance and discrimination. Which they did, by transferring the racist banner from the white racist groups to the black racist groups like the NAACP and the CBC in the middle to late 1960's.

That was the switch that took place. Any suggestion that there was some sort of mass-mental switcharoo between the parties is pure undefiled made-up bullshi_. And you have to be a special kind of gullible and dumb to believe something that is so obviously unbelievable and untrue as that idea clearly is.

The only political party that has ever advocated true non-discriminatory, colorblind racial policies is the Republicans. They were the ones who defeated slavery under Lincoln, they voted for the Civil Rights Act by larger margins than the Democrats in 1964, and they continue to push for this same sort of non-discriminatory colorblind justice to this very day.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Do you think that the Republicans had that kid kill all those people? If the answer is yes, you are delusional.
you were the one who said that the Democrats were using it to galvanize the black vote. I never said anything about Republicans go back and try to reread my post.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:09 PM

1,830 posts, read 1,654,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
Why don't we just remove from history, any and all mention of the Civil War ? It would end the controversy of the "Flag", it would remove all references to slavery, inequality, racism, etc. If removing the Confederate flag will accomplish anything, then forgetting about the Civil War would be even greater. It's so simple.
Uncle Joe Stalin, would be proud of you.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:10 PM

Quote:
you were the one who said that the Democrats were using it to galvanize the black vote.
No I was not. Go back and read the thread, and try to gather facts before slandering someone. You leftists really are inherently dishonest, aren't you?

Old 06-24-2015, 09:10 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Right-wingers massively overpaying for a flag they barely payed attention to days ago. Who are the dummies again?
Gee. I only paid $5 with free shipping for my 3' x 5' flag yesterday on eBay. I think that they were on sale. Would like to add a Confederate flag mug to my collection in the kitchen. We fly a Gadsen flag outside our house.

Yes, I never felt the need to have one of these flags before. But all this nonsense about banning a piece of Civil War history really annoys me and I think that I should have one hanging in my house now. I will not be bullied by the PC police into forgetting this part of our US history.

Americans didn't invent slavery. The concept has been around for tens of thousands of years and everywhere on this planet. Now we know better, but honestly at the time that slavery was present in America, society didn't know any better and the African people by the way they presented themselves in Africa, just came across as a very primitive society that was between the much more advanced European cultures and the cave man. The Africans at that time were living in Stone Age conditions. And btw the Australian aborigines and the Native Americans were living not much differently. It's high time that we all move forward and stop looking backwards.

Old 06-24-2015, 09:18 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
And i don't see how a right-winger flying a CSA flag has any affect on me whatsoever
I highly recommend those who want to fly a traitor flag, do so. Heck, fly whatever they want (including themselves). But, it is inappropriate for governments, United States institutions, to do so, and disrespectful to the USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies