Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 06:29 PM

884 posts, read 716,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
So I guess seeing an interracial couple is just tearing the heart out of conservatives.

Dont worry tea partiers - the business world will force you into the 21st century. They will drag you into it, bible and all.
Why is it so hard for some people to grow up? Your point would have had much more force had you stated it like and adult and not a 5 year old. And please don't box all "right wingers" in the same box.
Shame on you, as I am sure there are some things other lefties believe that you don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2015, 08:46 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,297,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
This is what it has come to, folks: normal, healthy, rational thought and behavior is now (according to the rotting left) abnormal, hateful, bigoted.

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth" - Vladimir Lenin
Hate is normal, healthy, rational thought?

Old 07-29-2015, 02:40 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,504,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ok, it's social engineering for profit then. The word pandering could be used also.
Pandering as in appealing to, I would agree with. That's how advertising works. Engineering, if I'm understanding how you're using the term, not so much. They follow the trends, they don't create them.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:49 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Pandering as in appealing to, I would agree with. That's how advertising works. Engineering, if I'm understanding how you're using the term, not so much. They follow the trends, they don't create them.
Still social engineering for a buck. Trend? I don't think so.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:52 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,117,869 times
Haha, my partner and I are committing the worst possible sin in the conservatives' book. We are a same-sex, interracial couple

Old 07-29-2015, 08:36 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
Inventing a controversy just to get some recognition for a crappy ad. Nothing about the product or its benefits( or in this case its dangers). Just a completely unrelated issue having nothing to do with the product. Criminals and racists take Tylenol, too, don't forget them. In fact, I hear they LOVE it.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:28 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Hate is normal, healthy, rational thought?
No...revulsion, disgust and utter shock at the cringeworthy sight of two blokes kissing in Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful" video - that was a natural, healthy and normal reaction that we had when we watched TRL after high school that day.

There was no premeditation involved; what was involved was a natural, healthy and normal reaction of revulsion and utter disgust. You people now have the audacity to imply our reaction(s) was unhealthy and sick when in reality what we were seeing was.

As I said earlier, you people know no bounds with your manipulation and agitprop; the Lenin quote earlier fits the situation perfect in this sorry country now just fine.

Old 07-29-2015, 11:58 AM

26,508 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
OP, what is political about that ad?
It is obviously political.

I don't have a problem with the ad, but it is political.

"When did you first fight to be considered a family" while showing two girls holding hands. Blatant political commentary of pro-gay marriage - which I support.

Tylenol made a decision to send a message and customers will also send another message of buying less, or more, or not caring.

Old 07-29-2015, 12:04 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,460,842 times
I stopped using Tylenol years ago when people started having liver failure from using acetaminophen.

Frankly, I don't know why they'd need to make a commercial about families when they're selling an anti-inflammatory pain reliever.

I don't think about family when I reach for an aspirin or Advil.

I actually have flashbacks of the Tylenol poisoning episode back in the early 1980's which kicked off all medicines having that protective foil seal under the cap. Why would I want to give my family poison?

Old 07-29-2015, 12:07 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,295,551 times
Honestly it doesn't matter at all what color skin 2 people have. What matters is that they are compatible. Like I've pointed out on other forums, I have no problems with black people, I do have problems with some of them and their culture, how they dress like they are in the ghetto and act overly aggressive. It's more about culture than about race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies