Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 07:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
Thanks, OP, for posting this! What a sweet commercial! I hadn't seen it before.

I don't use medicines, but I may get some Tylenol for the medicine cabinet for my guests.
^^^^ is why Tylenol did that commercial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 09:36 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,827,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
That is a great commercial for a change. Of course, the bigots will hate it.
Gotta include 2% of the population

Old 07-26-2015, 10:10 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
One more thing. Honey Maid had a similar campaign about a year ago. Here is their response to the hate they received.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBC-pRFt9OM
I just saw that ad for the first time a week, or so ago. They must have decided to bring it back. Using the word "wholesome" to represent their products deeply soured me on the commercial, but I did appreciate their use of "unconventional" families because they look like people in my own life. Gay and interracial families may be a minority, but one gay couple can have a HUGE group of family, and friends who love them, and enjoy seeing them included, so the number of people who will respond favorably is multiplied by magnitudes.

Gay marriage enjoys enormous support in our country. The company isn't going to care of it loses a few people who feel they have the right to define what a family looks like, and disapprove. This was definitely a business decision, and nothing to do with politics.

Last edited by detshen; 07-26-2015 at 10:21 PM..

Old 07-27-2015, 12:28 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,493,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Anyone who drinks alcohol socially should never take Tylenol. It's a liver killer.
Damn, I just had a Cider and about 10 minutes before I had Tylenol. I'm screwed.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:53 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,502,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
What a sweet commercial. Thanks for sharing.

You do understand that Tylenol is selling a product and they do so to make money. They are including all Americans in this ad. To go against interracial couples, couples with different race children and same gender couples makes bad economic sense. The world is advancing beyond the small minded among us. If this ad angers you, I don't know what to say except that you're in for a bumpy ride of a life. Good luck.
Yep! It's called marketing. My personal favorite is the State Farm "At last" ad. I feel sorry for people who get all worked up over this stuff. What a miserable way to live.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:09 AM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
When I think of aspirin, I don't think of family and fighting for family. I think of: make my headache go away

What does Tylenol have to do with gay marriage, or interracial couples? If they want to put those people in there, then just put those people in the ad without making a big scene about it, narrated by an incredibly irritating voice. (Seriously, the narrator annoyed me, the commercial just made me smh.)

Old 07-27-2015, 01:15 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
It's gotten out of control.

No more Tylenol purchases for me.
So you feel a great deal a hatred and resentment against homosexuals and interracial families. Please tell us why you feel you have no other choice but to live feeling that way.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Desperate greed.

"After a series of recalls and government-mandated plant shutdowns, Johnson & Johnson's iconic Tylenol brand has become a shadow of its former self. But with J&J slowly increasing production and eyeing a possible return to full availability by next year, competitors are ramping up marketing efforts to lock in their gains.

Tylenol has shed more than 20 share points over the past two years in a $2.4 billion category within outlets measured by SymphonyIRI Group, and $4 billion-plus when all retail channels are taken into account. Some believe it will never fully return to its standing with consumers and retailers after more than two years of recalls and limited production."

Tylenol Rivals Try to Lock in Post-Recall Gains | News - Advertising Age
Did Tylenol really ever come back after being hit by the Tylenol killer a long time ago.

Old 07-27-2015, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
A man can love a man greatly , a woman can love a woman greatly, but when they step into a sexual relationship which defines someone as gay , it is a deviant behavior.
But what is it when a man gives oral sex to a woman?

Old 07-27-2015, 01:36 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,502,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
When I think of aspirin, I don't think of family and fighting for family. I think of: make my headache go away

What does Tylenol have to do with gay marriage, or interracial couples? If they want to put those people in there, then just put those people in the ad without making a big scene about it, narrated by an incredibly irritating voice. (Seriously, the narrator annoyed me, the commercial just made me smh.)
But you remembered the ad, didn't you? And now here we are talking about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies