Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2015, 09:45 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Baseless, ignorant statement.
I can walk down the street in our city every day and see women forced to wear rags on their head by their husbands, to walk behind their husbands rather than beside. Do you think such treatment is reasonable in a modern and fair society? If given the ability to do so, they would force our wives and daughters to dress and behave in a similar manner.

Quote:
Completely unreasonable request & I guarantee you the school would never agree to such a discriminatory request. You keep believing that they do though if it makes ya feel better.
My request is in no way discriminatory. It's simply my preference to not have her paired with one particular child on any classroom assignments or activities. And yes, the mother does wear a rag on her head as well.

When she was in preschool, she came home one day saying a new girl in the class claimed to have two mommies. We had a long talk about that. I'll bet you think having two mommies is really cool, eh?

Children are very impressionable, which is what the liberal schools count on. This is where being a good parent comes into play, watching what is being taught and correcting as needed rather than go along with allow others to raise your children. It doesn't take a village, it takes a caring parent.

Quote:
Because you're teaching her to hate simply because of the actions of a few. Totally ignorant. I hope your kid realizes the error of your ways & grows up to be a better person than you. Like I said, you've become the very person you want your kid to hate & you don't even see it. Too funny.
You call it hate. I call it recognize and avoid where possible. They have nothing good to offer in any interactions. You'd have our culture and society destroyed rather than stand up for it. Such cowardice is apalling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2015, 09:49 AM

5,663 posts, read 5,091,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
You don't know what others have been through is all I am saying.
To villify those who disagree is a time-tested tactic of the left. If you disagree with Obama, you're a racist, right?

Old 11-02-2015, 09:56 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
To villify those who disagree is a time-tested tactic of the left. If you disagree with Obama, you're a racist, right?
Your posts show you're not simply in "disagreement", you're perpetuating & teaching ignorance, hatred, bigotry & intolerance. Baseless.

Old 11-02-2015, 09:57 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
I can walk down the street in our city every day and see women forced to wear rags on their head by their husbands, to walk behind their husbands rather than beside. Do you think such treatment is reasonable in a modern and fair society? If given the ability to do so, they would force our wives and daughters to dress and behave in a similar manner.

My request is in no way discriminatory. It's simply my preference to not have her paired with one particular child on any classroom assignments or activities. And yes, the mother does wear a rag on her head as well.

When she was in preschool, she came home one day saying a new girl in the class claimed to have two mommies. We had a long talk about that. I'll bet you think having two mommies is really cool, eh?

Children are very impressionable, which is what the liberal schools count on. This is where being a good parent comes into play, watching what is being taught and correcting as needed rather than go along with allow others to raise your children. It doesn't take a village, it takes a caring parent.

You call it hate. I call it recognize and avoid where possible. They have nothing good to offer in any interactions. You'd have our culture and society destroyed rather than stand up for it. Such cowardice is apalling.
Yeah, I guess dating a muslim for 7 years, I know nothing. Your posts show that you are exactly the type of person that you're trying to vilify. Congratulations, and you have no idea. Ignorant. You're teaching hatred, ignorance & bigotry. You are part of the problem, not the lesbians or muslims simply going about their day. You are the problem. Fix it.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:08 AM

449 posts, read 495,680 times
I'm a Muslim.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:11 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Very sad, but the bolded is obviously true to some folks. I am sorry to hear what you have been through. Take care.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:15 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Being an educated professional means I know a lot of Asian people, many of whom are Muslim.

Their Muslimness has never come up.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:18 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Yeah, I guess dating a muslim for 7 years, I know nothing.
I am sorry, but can you please put yourself in other people's shoes?

You dated a Muslim lady, so I assume Muslims have brought joy and happiness in your life. Good for you and you are very lucky.

Many are simply not that lucky.

For those who only have had bad or even traumatic experiences with them, you can certainly understand why they think the way they think. Can't you?

What are you going to feel if you lost friends, arms, legs, loved ones?

No one should paint a group people with a broad brush, but why can't you be a little bit gentle with others who are obviously suffering and are in pain?

For example, I always tell my friend "think about your son, we all need to coexist with somebody, like it or not." He is doing much better now. No amount of shaming and personal attack will fix other people's feelings simply because you don't know what others have been through.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:19 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,391,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I cannot be friends with anyone I believe to be untrustworthy.

I don't trust any of them (Muslims).
Then don't ever get sick.

Old 11-02-2015, 10:34 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
I know of a local business owner who is moslem and is probably the second most active community supporter through charities and local fund raising/organizations. The biggest community supporter is a jewish business owner and has done a tremendous service for the local area in helping it try to revitalize it over decades. The Chick Fil A owner is a respectable third place. Of course, I could rattle off a bunch of moslem, jewish, hindu, buddhist and Christian and atheist business owners who do nothing for the community.
Nobody or group has a lock on good or bad behavior or weirdness or uptightness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies