Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 02:59 PM

5,662 posts, read 5,091,130 times

Advertisements

There are none, and will never be any, in my work environment. They may not be officially forbidden, but I've never seen nor come across any.

Some in the neighborhood, but we give each other a wide berth by an unspoken mutual agreement.

One in my daughters class, and she knows not to interact at all. I've told the teacher not to ever pair them up on any assignments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 03:10 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
There are none, and will never be any, in my work environment. They may not be officially forbidden, but I've never seen nor come across any.
If they're not "officially forbidden" , then you can't say there never will be any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
One in my daughters class, and she knows not to interact at all. I've told the teacher not to ever pair them up on any assignments.
Why not?

Old 11-01-2015, 03:14 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Islam was founded nearly 700 years after Christ went to the Cross.

While Christ was hear on earth, he warned about many false prophets that would come and deceive many.

Jesus said, "I am the first and I am the last." He also said, "No one comes to the Father except through me."

Yet Islam claims to be "superior?" It was a made-up religion from the beginning. It is a cult. Mohammad was a pedophile lunatic. His followers told him that God must be speaking to him.

The reason Christ was sent to earth was to announce the Good News (Gospel) of salvation by Faith in Christ. Man reconciled to God through Faith in Jesus, not by works. How could Islam be superior to that? It is a "religion" of works and obedience, the very things Christ told us would not save us. Obedience to the Law does not save, because no one can keep the Law perfectly. Therefore Christ came to sacrifice himself, to take our sins upon himself.

Finally, Islam slaughters millions in the name of Allah. They claim that is what they are required to do, "kill the infidel." But for them, all those who are not Muslims are "Infidels."

Does that sound like a superior "religion."
i think in this particular woman's case, most of the time, she was trying to convince herself that she made a right decision by converting.

To me, there is no superior religion. Or at least, I would avoid using "superior" to describe any religion because not any one path is right for all people and I think religious paths should be unique as the individuals. Which is why talking about how her religion is superior to mine just proves one point: Either she does not understand her religion (because a good religion will always teach people to be humble), or she just had a lot to prove because she was struggling.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:14 PM

73,038 posts, read 62,646,469 times
I have Muslim friends. I've never had issues with them.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:18 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Yes.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:46 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Jesus was a false prophet based on the Torah. He and his followers have led millions in the wrong path, with their faith being used to slaughter those who did not fall for it for the past 2000 years. Does that sound like a superior "religion?"
Christ didn't teach us to slaughter those who would not believe. Islam does.

You seem to have your mind made up, however; all religion is bad.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
As an atheist, I would say the same about most christians.

But people do define freedom differently, so there you are.
Where am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
This is true of some muslims. It is manifestly not true for all. Anymore than it is true to say that all christians blame jews for jesus' death.
I don't know any Christians that blame Jews for Christ's death. That isn't a Christian teaching. If anyone says they believe that, they aren't Christian, because a Christian understands the reason why Christ was crucified.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Lol, just about the most paranoid post I've seen. I can't imagine why neither of my two muslim exes either A. tried cutting my head off, B. tried cutting off the heads of my family & friends or C. tried to start a jihad. I just can't figure it out. nononsense says they should've been wanting to take over the country, why haven't they?
What do you think is happening in Europe right now?

Old 11-01-2015, 03:54 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Jesus was a false prophet based on the Torah. He and his followers have led millions in the wrong path, with their faith being used to slaughter those who did not fall for it for the past 2000 years. Does that sound like a superior "religion?"
I've always been told Islam calls for peace as Christianity does. Some Christians can certainly get along with some Muslims as long as both understand the core value of their religion.

Generalizations weaken your position.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:59 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I've always been told Islam calls for peace as Christianity does. Some Christians can certainly get along with some Muslims as long as both understand the core value of their religion.

Generalizations weaken your position.
^^^^ is quite true infact. Good POV

I think a lot of the differences are from not fully understanding one another's religion hence causing conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies